555mjolnir is offline Associate Member

HELP i LOOK PUFFY WHY

I am looking puffy.... not exactly bloated but loss of definition.... I am in week 3 of HRT 200mg Test-C wkly and 500 IU hcg ,my diet is very clean!!! My Macro's run 40/40/20 I use an app "my fittness Pal" to track everything I eat everything. The only thing that is less than clean is my sodium intake it dose run a little m/b even more than a little high, but this due to the canned tuna and canned chicken I eat to try and hit 250-300g a day of protein. if it is due to sodium any way to reduce this I rinse the canned meat thoroughly.... Or is it the HRT any remedy for this? a serm or AI,diuretic otc or script or what do I do? I lift on a 4 day split and run 5.5-6.5 miles(60 mins treadmill) 5-6 days a week trying to lower bf% and not look Puffy. This is recent ie this last few day but want to get a handle on it b4 it goes real far south. Any help or suggestions are requested.

40 yr
    6'4"
    250 lbs
    BF 12-13 measured with accu-measure calipers

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    200mg EW will most likely require the use of an AI..in small doses. Elevated E2 may be the cause of your "bloat", also water intake needs to be high to flush the system (1 to 1 1/2 gallons a day), I go by the rule of simply NOT adding any extra sodium. Most food already contains plenty and a little is good.

Running 5.5 -6 miles 5-6 days a week? be careful not to over train and get rest...we arn't kids anymore at 40

thanks i am new so one more question? what is EW? i dont use any salt per se just what comes in my foods I eat. but you think the AI will help? I can get from Dr. I see part of the monthly fee I pay for HRT but they only if needed was how they stated it so don't know if they only give w/ signs of gyno or what. THANKS.

EW does that mean every week?
    Last edited by 555mjolnir; 12-18-2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: addtion

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    EW = Each Week

If not you can buy it from the site sponser on the banner at the top..it's Ldex and works well

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great job lunk
    You can have the doctor run your blood real quick and we will know for sure if e2 is high and he should give you an ai if so. Diet salt water intake would be my guess though.
    Get to docs cause your hcg at 500 can play a role in gyno

Ok thanks I thought it was probably sodium related but will check w/ doc for the AI also... Its not gyno just general h2o retention i think i just not looking as good as I wanted seem a little puffy. Also will increase my water intake some but I do drink a lot usually fill my qt bottle 5-6 times a day,once in morning at breakfast, at least 2x's during w/o plus a sports drink !6oz, once late afternoon after w/o and a couple times while chill'in on the sofa at nite. Might have to find less simple option than canned tuna and chicken... hey but if this were easy then the whole world would look good, right? thanks for the help you guys are great I should have joined months ago.

DanB is offline Banned
    has your doc scheduled b.w? im guessing he will want to see how the 200mg is treating you to see if dose needs to be altered etc and from the b.w he should see the need for an a.i, im surprised he didnt put you on one already

or is it self perscribed trt?

No I am see a men's health clinic here in CO, I am paying a flat fee every month for trt, the "plan " i chose is 200mg of cyp EW and 4-5 days later 500IU of hCG EW both self inject, the AI is included amirdex i think don't know why but they said only if needed???? had a busy week I will call them 2maro, they do blood work every 10wks and have me running 20wks on and 4wks off of the cyp the off weeks I inject hCG 3x's wkly. this is my 3rd week in by the way.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    U need to do some research on high estrogen and ai's. I never get gyno no matter what dose i take. Gyno symptons is not a way to tell if ur e is high. Also high estrogen has other health risks
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    U need to do some research on high estrogen and ai's. I never get gyno no matter what dose i take. Gyno symptons is not a way to tell if ur e is high. Also high estrogen has other health risks
    Preach it!

Its not that I am growing boobs... I have picked up xtra 7 lbs with no change in diet or exercise routine I run 6 miles a day, been trying to cut weight on 2090 calorie a day diet replacing the 1000 calories burned during cardio(so 3090 to 3200 intake). Up until 2nd week of HRT 200mg wk was loosing 2-3 lbs a week, then after 2nd inj. noticed that I wasn't looking as cut up, i was starting to see striated muscle in shoulders and arms could see all of the indivual muscles in my quads but now i am puffier with less cut. I believe it is basic water retention but NO BOOBS just over all loss of definition. That isn't gyno is it? I called the Dr. and he asked if I had tenderness or tingling in my nipples and I don't he said to keep an eye on it but that the Test-cyp could cause a bloat but should correct it self in a few days, is this accurate? if not he said he'd have me back in to pick up the AI. Do I need to push him for it now? or keep an eye on it like he said thru next week?

ma_fighter is offline Associate Member
    Increases in estrogen will bloat you, even if you do not get gyno, and will cause other harm then just growing boobs, get BP checked, and ask for bloodwork.

I just red an interesting article regarding a study done comparing Testosterone Undecanoate injects vs Testosterone Enanthate , and it had a part about estrogen in it.
    This was done on monkeys, receiving 10mg/kg bw of estered Test, resulting in 6,3/7,2mg of actual test/kg bw, but I still think its valid in showing why you need to have estrogen checked when on TRT.

Following TU injection, oestradiol levels increased from 48 ± 8 pmol.l to a plateau of 80–118 pmol/l from day 1 to day 59. In contrast, TE injection resulted in a rapid increase of oestradiol levels to a maximum of 166 ± 29 pmol/l after 4 days (p < 0.05 vs TU- treated group). In the TU and TE groups levels below 80 pmol/l were reached after 66 and 16 days, respectively.

Thats 48 ± 8 pmol/l to 166 ± 29 pmol/l in four days.
    And the difference between Test C, in your case, and Test E, used in the study, is negligible.

Here's the study if anyone is interested.
    http://www.eje-online.org/content/132/4/514.abstract

Thanks I will check this out. once again I do appreciate all you guys and all your help. I have been increasing water in take and minding my sodium levels much closer. Thanx again.
    Last edited by 555mjolnir; 12-23-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Caps lock for the win

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Your on week 3 of trt bro. You need to talk to your doc about your symptoms and have him run labs and check your e. Adjusting your protocol with out your doc knowing what you are doing. Your doc should be wanting to run labs again to see were things are at and if you start adding compounds in to the mix with out him or her knowing it could really throw things off. If your doc is not willing to work with you might have to shop around for another one.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    200mg EW will most likely require the use of an AI..in small doses. Elevated E2 may be the cause of your "bloat", also water intake needs to be high to flush the system (1 to 1 1/2 gallons a day), I go by the rule of simply NOT adding any extra sodium. Most food already contains plenty and a little is good.

Running 5.5 -6 miles 5-6 days a week? be careful not to over train and get rest...we arn't kids anymore at 40
    I agree,,,,using an AI will make a huge difference in your physique. You dont need much either.

No I haven't added anything to the "mix", this is all his cocktail. Yeah, I called again this morning told him I need To come in and fix this ASAP, Being 12/24 Might have to wait a couple more days we'll see. Happy Christmas everyone. thanx.

Thread Information