keano is offline Junior Member

Advice on Anavar cycle and diet please

I am on HRT I do 200mg every two weeks for about two years now.

When I was in my early 20's I did a winnie cycle and had very good results and also did a deca cycle with good results.

I have quality var on hand and just started today 50mg working my way up to 80mg. I am also cutting low carb/high protein diet. My goal for this is lower bf% and if possible gain 3lbs of muscle without losing mass. I don't have huge expectations. Does this seem reasonable with high protein/low carb diet? test will stay the same.

After this cycle I plan on another after a break using either deca or primo but that's another thread.
    Last edited by keano; 01-29-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: needed to add info

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    50mg of Var is borderline useless imho. Titrating Var is a waste of time and money. If youre gonna run it, start with what you want to end up at. If thats 80mg then begin with 80mg..dont *****foot around with it.

Some light reading..

Anavar - The Truth

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...!#.UODpRKzX_fs

Thanks for that link. I thought it was better to increase gradually. If it makes no difference then I will go with 80 ED then split up. I'll be on test still at my HRT dose.
    Last edited by keano; 01-29-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keano View Post
    Thanks for that link. I thought it was better to increase gradually. If it makes no difference then I will go with 80 ED then split up. I'll be on test still at my HRT dose.
    Perfect. And remember, dose 3 times a day - 9 hour active life.

Got it! So you think my goal is reasonable? also I posted this separate since different question if you could give advice I would appreciate it also.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...s#.UQg_0-jS-JM

Meant to ask. When I was younger I had good results on winny muscle growth and hardness. Would I experience same with var in terms of muscle? I guess I'll find out but was curious since I was happy with the winny then.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What's your TRT protocol? One shot of 200mgevery 2 weeks or is your 200g split into 4 shots?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

It's one shot every two weeks.

Got it! So you think my goal is reasonable? also I posted this separate since different question if you could give advice I would appreciate it also.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...s#.UQg_0-jS-JM
    Provided your diet is in check, i cant see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    What's your TRT protocol? One shot of 200mgevery 2 weeks or is your 200g split into 4 shots?
    Good point. I meant to comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by keano
    It's one shot every two weeks.
    Wow, that'll have your levels up and down man. Are you self injecting? You should really split that up and inject 50mg every 3.5 days ideally.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Yea I inject myself. That's a lot of pinning but I could do 100 every week though?

Quote Originally Posted by keano
    Yea I inject myself. That's a lot of pinning but I could do 100 every week though?
    You will get much more sable levels twice a week, honestly!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    You will get much more sable levels twice a week, honestly!
    Totally agree.

OP, if pining 2/wk is too much for you, once a wk @ 100mg is a LOT better than 200 one every 2 wks. But i think AAS is NOT in your future if this is the case.

Yea I don't know why doc would recommend every two weeks maybe because test e lasts 10 days. But I'll switch to once a week. Makes sense.

What do you mean: i think AAS is NOT in your future if this is the case.

Because I wouldn't want to pin twice a week?
    Don't understand
    Thx

Yea I don't know why doc would recommend every two weeks maybe because test e lasts 10 days. But I'll switch to once a week. Makes sense.

What do you mean: i think AAS is NOT in your future if this is the case.

Because I wouldn't want to pin twice a week?
    Don't understand
    Thx
    As Stem correctly pointed out, twice a wk or more frequent pinning equals stable hormones/bloods. The more frequent you introduce exogenous Test or drug of any kind, the more stable your system becomes and the less likelihood of any endocrine spikes arising from less frequent dosing protocols.

Therefore, once a wk pinning protocols are NOT recommended for this reason alone. The more unstable your hormones, the higher the percentage you'll experience unwanted sides. This is a fact.

So, if once a wk protocols are all you can handle, responsible AAS use is not in your future. Not being smart, just making an intelligent comment.

No I know you weren't being smart. All good. LOL I'm confused because all cycles usually involve ppl doing deca or eq once a week. Even test.

So if I'm doing test once a week and another anabolic injectable weekly also how would that be negative? I know npp and test prop, trenbolone are done either daily or every few days but I would be doing long esters. Deca, primo or eq

No I know you weren't being smart. All good. LOL I'm confused because all cycles usually involve ppl doing deca or eq once a week. Even test.

So if I'm doing test once a week and another anabolic injectable weekly also how would that be negative? I know npp and test prop, trenbolone are done either daily or every few days but I would be doing long esters. Deca, primo or eq
    Perhaps on TRT, but rarely when running a cycle - not the guys i know at least, and i would never advise one a wk Testosterone or any other AAS.

Deca , EQ, and Tren are secondary compounds added to cycles for reasons specific to the user. However, ALL responsible users include Testosterone as a base. And 99% of the time this is injected twice a wk for the reasons i outlined above. And typically the secondary compounds are added into the same syringe depending on which compound and injection area is chosen.

Hope that helps you understand a bit better.

Gotcha thanks. On a primo/test cycle what would you personally recommend. Depending how the anavar goes I have access to real primo.

Come to think of it, for your intended goals you don't require ANY anabolic steroids whatsoever. Proper nutrition and exercise will produce the results you're after. (lower BF and 3lbs of LBM)

I have been dieting. I want to see if I can push it further at my age without losing anything.

I know that retaining gains has to do with diet. I am on mainly a high protein diet low carb. I know to keep gains it is diet based. So if I am maintaining for argument sake 2500 calories for 180 I would bump that up to accommodate the new weight?

I have been dieting. I want to see if I can push it further at my age without losing anything.

I know that retaining gains has to do with diet. I am on mainly a high protein diet low carb. I know to keep gains it is diet based. So if I am maintaining for argument sake 2500 calories for 180 I would bump that up to accommodate the new weight?
    Thats correct. You need to redo your TDEE (LBMx15) and adjust caloric intake for new LBM.

tbjake34 is offline Senior Member
    I think that's a very reasonable goal if ur diet and training is in check like the above posts say.. Also anavar is a very good steroid idc what ppl say it is a quality oral and one of the best but.. It needs to be a good dose 50mg is a waste bro I start at 80 then 100 and even higher. Once u play with ur dose ull kno what's a good dose for u cuz ull notice crazy changes in body comp. at least I experienced this from var. good luck

You need to redo your TDEE (LBMx15) and adjust caloric intake for new LBM.
    http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator

this says I need to eat 3900 calories. Something isn't right with that link lol. so basically just find out my LBM X 15. Seems easy enough.
    Last edited by keano; 02-01-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Ok this seems much more reasonable: 2150
    http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculato...alculator.html

Thread Information