Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Goodfella1118

Thread: hard ABCESS???

JDP88 is offline Junior Member

hard ABCESS???

I made a very stupid mistake, I was doing my injection as usual in the rear when I turned the other way to speak, using my thumb to push, one handed like an idiot! when I looked back, the 1.25" was about halfway in/out, anywhere from .5-1.0 ml went where it was not intended.

I knew this problem could arise, as now, 48 hours later its slightly red, not risen but itchy and feels like a bruise. The alarming part is its getting hard!? It seems to be what's known as a hard abscess..

now 'll admit, im an idiot an knew better, I've just became so comfortable with it, I didn't thick twice.

not to make a bad situation any worse, or to jump to conclusions but i believe its not progressed so I can treat myself with: 1) cipro tabs i have on hand 2) POSSIBLY the never opened sterile cipro drops i have through injection..? ( the tabs should work, injecting doesnr sound smart)

now you're probably wondering why I just don't go to the doctor? my brother in law is my family doctor, who also heads the local emergency room, with that being said I don't want certain people to know about the AA use.

I suppose I could drive 50 miles to a ER if necessary, but its not really developed to that point yet, nor do I know if it will go down or turn into a giant boil...

any advice or past experience similar to this would be very much appreciated as I don't want to jump to conclusions what convince myself to treat at home if its not a decent idea.

do I need antibiotics? / will it go away with antibiotics?
    Should i wait? / should i go to the er? / must be drained?

Thanks you!

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    IMO you dont need to take antibiotics. You just injected some into the muscle and some Sub Q. It will take a little longer to absorb but you should be fine. Sit on a heating pad for 20 minutes on and 20 off. I think you will be fine. You can also massage it.

that's good to know, have you ever had that happen before? my concern was it's becoming sore and hard. Is that normal?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    If its a hard abscess u will know it. By end of day tommorow if its still hard and red check your temperature. If its elevated u have an infextion. If it were me I'd start the cipro twice daily.

that's what I was thinking too, thanks!

any more advice would be appreciated guys!

poppz is offline Senior Member
    It happened to me, i pinned it with an 18 g. Pin, drew bck about 1.5cc of junk, felt alot better after but still went to a dr for antibiotics.

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    if it doesnt consistently get a little better each day i would go man.

Thats what i figured. Im gonna start the cipro and wait...

Poppz, are you saying i should attempt to drain it?
    that's what my brother said, followed by cipro injection then oral?

poppz is offline Senior Member
    Im not saying to experiment on yourself, its just what i did,but i used an 18g pin, i dont think a 23g pin would work with getting the infection out.

JDBeretta is offline Member
    If it is an abscess, you wont be wondering if it might be.

As was said above, some probably was sub-q. Keep in mind that it is probably tender because that muscle (closer to the surface) is virgin, compared to deeper, where you usually hit.

I'm not sure why you would start anything to do with treating an infection if there is no extra risk of bacterial contamination. It is probably feeling hard because your body is trying to seclude the foreign matter. I think, unless some bacteria got in due to unsterilized gear or pinning technique, it will absorb in a couple/few days.

Every once in a while I pin and it is sore-er than usual. I get worried and it usually turns out to be fine. Warmth should help it unless it's an actual infection... If it is, you'll know.

Goodfella1118 is offline New Member
    I know I'm new to the forum but I'm in the medical field , if it's an abscess you will know it , it will become extremely sore , hot an swollen , you'll start to run temps , please do not try to drain yourself you can make it worse. It probly will dissipate over the next fees days just takes longer bc you injected sub q. Like everyone else said hot compresses an keep an eye on it . No antibiotics till you know there's infection
    mmuscle likes this.

First i want to thank everybody. It seems alot better, started cipro in case but the heat really helped. Alot softer and smaller. Im using homebrew tren & test, micron filtered, heated, etc so i dont think it was dirty. Just foreign matter floating around, but i was concerned. Thanks again, im sure im good to go. If im not youll hwar back lol...

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good to hear it's getting better and I have to agree with most of the above, I doubt it was infected. Dont be quick to jump on antibiotics because it's helping create stronger viruses when not used correctly.

Stop injecting in-front of your bros, that's just gay. lol

Thread Information