Thread: Calf injection

lemoncrusher is offline New Member

Calf injection

So I have read all of the steroid .com 'how to inject' pages where to inject ect.
    My question is has anyone done a calf injection before to increase calf size?
    It does say that there are two spots to inject in your calf (gastrocnemius muscle) & it also says 'not recommended' but you can do it.
    So has anyone tried this and does it work?
    I have been battling with my calfs for years
    There only 15' inch flexed

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You can't do spot injections with AAS for localized growth. It just doesn't work that way. I have never pinned the calf but from what I've heard if you ever pin it you'll never do it again. It's supposed to be rather painful to inject the calf muscles.

So basically I'm stuck with these toothpick calfs

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lemoncrusher
    So basically I'm stuck with these toothpick calfs
    How are you training them? If they look like tooth picks they just need work that's all

I train them 3 times a week. I train hard & I train my calfs even HARDER. They burn bad but after the workouts but not much growth really. My arms are 16' and my calfs are 15'. It looks dumb

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lemoncrusher View Post
    I train them 3 times a week. I train hard & I train my calfs even HARDER. They burn bad but after the workouts but not much growth really. My arms are 16' and my calfs are 15'. It looks dumb
    Overtraing ?

swm1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with others. Steroid injections won't increase calf size. Something like synthol site enhancement oil will, but I've heard calf injections are brutal. And keep in mind that you are going to feel it every step all day long unless you plan to stay in bed for a couple days. Or wheelchair bound. How do you train. Three times a week might be too much frequency. What kind of volume and reps per session?

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lemoncrusher
    What do you do to train them? Excercise and volume. I agree with Papa as well the calves are small 3 times a week sounds like over kill

I do seating calf rises 4 sets x superset last one, standing calf rises 5 sets toes point at every angle, Tibias anterior rises.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    walk on your toes....my calfs r 18"

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Unfortunately calf size is very much based on genetics. Not to say that experimentation with different calf routines will not yield some improvement but unfortunately if your have small calves genetically you will never have cannonball calves.

You might benefit from fewer sets with heavier wieghts going quick on the contraction and very slow and controlled on the release. Also make sure you are working through the full range of motion, many neglect to stretch at the bottom which will keep you from building the soleus as well as giving a very small ball appearence to the gastronemius.

Thread Information