Athlete127 is offline Member

Blood spurt. question

Today I did a delt injection, 1.5" 25G but only inserted an inch. When I pulled out some blood spurted out which I know is normal. My question is, did I lose any oil?

I know you are supposed to pull back on the plunger to see if blood comes out first, but I can't ever do that because I put in 2ml of liquid and the plunger is too far back for me to grab and pull back

mikey hulk is offline Member
    Not enough to worry

stpete is offline Banned
    First, it's not really "normal" for blood to squirt out. And yeah, you need to aspirate every time and this is an issue. You probably went thru a vein like i've done only 2-3 times in many years of use. And what size are your syringes?

Yes, you lost some but i wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I'd be more concerned w/not aspirating.

ATM86 is offline New Member
    Stpete is correct. You definitely should be aspirating every time you inject. God forbid you hit an artery or vein or something, that would not be good news. An air bubble is normal. If you see blood in the syringe pull it out replace the needle and try again. If there is no possible way to aspirate I would get bigger syringes. If that's not possible I personally would go as far as splitting the shot into two, I do not know what others would do. I have some serious OCD when it comes to injections but I guess that's a pretty good thing to be particular about.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    You can always get a 5 ml Plenty of room to pull back.

stpete is offline Banned
    I was unaware of a 2ml syringe. I thought 3ml was the smallest. But i'm sure i could be wrong. But like ATM said, best to split them if you have hundreds of those laying around. Or if not, get bigger like Cape said. I'd never NOT aspirate .

Thread Information