strengthbuilder7 is offline New Member

20 years old - opinions

I'm 20 years old and I'm very interested in running a steroid cycle or peptides.

Now I understand people are always knocking young guys for starting too early but here's my deal, I've been lifting religiously since 14. I really learned the importance of nutrition when I was 17-18 (I could lift a lot but didn't look like it) and made even better progress since then. To this date I stand 6'3" 225 pounds, I can bench press 315 x 4, squat 455 x 5 and deadlift 585 x 3.

The reason I want to start cycling is because I feel I'm pretty close to hitting my genetic potential. Gains have been coming painfully slow for the past year and a half. I'm 100% set on my diet and weightlifting regiment and have tried everything so I know it's just my body's starting to reach its peak.

I was thinking of running some peptides (IGF-1LR3 and after ipamorelin + cjc-1295) for a bit. I've done quite a bit of research on peptides and my main reason for trying them out alone first is that they have relatively fewer side effects and I'm interested in seeing how my body reacts. I've been doing research on anabolics during this time then to (don't know nearly as much as peptides) but within a few months once I feel I've developed a thorough understanding of anabolic use I'd like to run them too.

What I want to basically ask are people's opinions on this? Would it be considered suitable at this point in my lifting journey to begin taking anabolics and peptides? I had previously tried M1T at 17 (worst mistake I've made in lifting, wasn't educated on it at all) and messed up my body a little. I bounced back from it though but I don't want to go through that again. If I do my homework properly could I run successful peptide and anabolic cycles at this age and avoid any detrimental effects to my health?

Thanks for reading.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    anabolics? - NO
    peptides - probably not. if the purpose of the peptide is to secrete GH from the pituatary, then you need to wait until your long bone growth plates are FULLY closed before dooing anything that involves GH

do me a favor mate?

we get this EXACT same question from lads your EXACT same age all the time.

if you have already made up your mind, then just do it. don't make us go round and round trying to talk you out of it.

if you are genuinely "only considering" then be receptive to the advice you are about to receive.

now, my opinion, and I'll be real honest.

due to your continuing devvelopment of your hormonal system, you are still 3 or 4 years away from being ready to take aas.

so please be patient, get your diet and workout routines dialed in, and enjoy the rush of youthful testosterone that is flowing through your veins right now.

Good luck!

---Roman
    Last edited by Times Roman; 04-12-2013 at 12:24 PM.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strengthbuilder7 View Post
    I'm 20 years old and I'm very interested in running a steroid cycle or peptides.

Now I understand people are always knocking young guys for starting too early but here's my deal, I've been lifting religiously since 14. I really learned the importance of nutrition when I was 17-18 (I could lift a lot but didn't look like it) and made even better progress since then. To this date I stand 6'3" 225 pounds, I can bench press 315 x 4, squat 455 x 5 and deadlift 585 x 3.

The reason I want to start cycling is because I feel I'm pretty close to hitting my genetic potential. Gains have been coming painfully slow for the past year and a half. I'm 100% set on my diet and weightlifting regiment and have tried everything so I know it's just my body's starting to reach its peak.

I was thinking of running some peptides (IGF-1LR3 and after ipamorelin + cjc-1295) for a bit. I've done quite a bit of research on peptides and my main reason for trying them out alone first is that they have relatively fewer side effects and I'm interested in seeing how my body reacts. I've been doing research on anabolics during this time then to (don't know nearly as much as peptides) but within a few months once I feel I've developed a thorough understanding of anabolic use I'd like to run them too.

What I want to basically ask are people's opinions on this? Would it be considered suitable at this point in my lifting journey to begin taking anabolics and peptides? I had previously tried M1T at 17 (worst mistake I've made in lifting, wasn't educated on it at all) and messed up my body a little. I bounced back from it though but I don't want to go through that again. If I do my homework properly could I run successful peptide and anabolic cycles at this age and avoid any detrimental effects to my health?

Thanks for reading.
    ... That's a tricky question because an AAS cycle can be run with "no problem' at very short term...
    However, alot of member here recovered fine from their cycle(at 20YO) and at 25-27 had low testosterone and have been forced to go in TRT for the rest of their life... It's not 100% sure you will end up like this, but you also may not recover at all from your first cycle and need TRT too... This is not what will happen, this is what COULD happen. Some people do not need any PCT and are perfectly fine(I still don't understand how it's possible...) but they are very few of them, so don't count on it...

I don't advice you to take that risk... however, If you truly decided, do your homework. A well planned cycle will always be less harmful than a stupid one.

pitchindude is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strengthbuilder7

Thanks for reading.
    My opinion...just hold off. The gains may be slow, but you're still making gains. Plus you're young, the gains may be slow but is it really worth it to risk serious health issues down the road just for faster gains at 20 yrs old?

Maybe a tweak in diet could help you out? Or a new training program. Hit up the nutrition section and see what kinda help they can give you.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You'll be happy you held off if you are smart thats the route you will take for a few more years.

nafnlaus is offline Banned
    how many calories are you eating? if you want to be serious in powerlifting then you need to weight around 140kg. and that means an maintainance diet of around 6400 calories per day.
    and you should try more intense programs(look into the bulgarian weightlifting system), maxes should be singles. you are not close to a natural peak in terms of strength per kilo of BW.

and keep in mind that IGF related peptides will not add much weight or strength, pro athletes need it for recovery.

Thread Information