Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By orbitz21

Thread: Any vegetarians?

Emerald is offline Associate Member

Any vegetarians?

During my marathoning I was a devout veg head. Over time I went back to meat, but have been on plant based diet now for over 5 weeks. I'm on therapy dose of test cyp with a small squirt of deca for my joints. I have lost some belly fat and my weight is down to 205 and holding. My strength is ok, I get 4 reps where I used to get 6. Being veg. There's lots of protein options, but going Vegan is another story. Be interested in anyone else who is meatless. Not the easiest choice for building muscle

Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member
    Yea I wouldn't be able to get close to enough protein for veggies and in a cycle no way not for me what's the macros of your veggie diet?

dinogoesrawr is offline Associate Member
    I'm vegetarian (not vegan). Gained 5kg on my cycle... so it is possible. Much of my protein is from supps though so its not easy (and very expensive) but whatever.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why are you a vegetarian? I'm asking more out of curiosity than anything else.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    "My girlfriend's a vegetarian which pretty much makes me a vegetarian."

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    "My girlfriend's a vegetarian which pretty much makes me a vegetarian."
    Really? My girlfriend does a lot of things that would be questionable to my sexuality if I did them. Lol jk

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707 View Post
    Really? My girlfriend does a lot of things that would be questionable to my sexuality if I did them. Lol jk
    If you didn't catch that quote we're gonna have to take your name off the cool kids list. Deleted!!!!

vladan is offline Junior Member
    At age 30 I stopped eating red meat and at age 40 I totally threw the meat from my diet. Now I am 46 years old and my main source of proteins are eggs and cheese with 0% of fat. Sometimes, but rarely I eat fish. I train 4-5 times a week and do 2-3 cycles per year.

Emerald is offline Associate Member
    I didn't really want to get into my reasons, but it has to do with the un-ethical treatment of animals. I love meat and prefer it in my diet, but can't support these ****ers anymore. I don't judge others or force my views upon them, but the question was asked. Some surprising info, did you know that even white rice and white spuds have 10-12% protein? More than enough to sustain a human, but not enough to build muscle mass. Look at the mountain gorillas, they eat leaves and weigh 500lbs of raw beef. I believe it can be done, reaching my goals, but it will require more time. Thanks for your responses

orbitz21 is offline Junior Member
    For years I was a Pescetarian, which is a vegetarian that eats fish. As you know fish has great protein. that helped a lot with building muscle. not sure if your willing to do that but the only other option would be protein supplements.
    Emerald likes this.

orbitz21 is offline Junior Member
    To answer slfmade, it's Pulp Fiction. great movie

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    So long as you're cool with milk products, you're not at much of a disadvantage. Greek yogurt has a ton of protein, skim milk is good, and of course whey powder are all solid sources of complete protein.
    The notion that you have to eat pounds of red meat everyday to build muscle is ridiculous and not very conducive to living past 60.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 05-12-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    If you didn't catch that quote we're gonna have to take your name off the cool kids list. Deleted!!!!
    I do love a good burger tho.

Thread Information