Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Hit a vein?

  1. #1
    Grizzly Live is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    America
    Posts
    69
    Ok so last night I pinned testE, it was 1cc of 300mg.. Any who I put the needle in, aspirate with no blood then after my business was concluded I withdrew the needle and to my surprise blood shot out pretty fast only for like 20 seconds , the question is wtf happend? I aspirated and still got blood?

  2. #2
    ChiveOn's Avatar
    ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SoCal USA
    Posts
    1,404
    It's possible you nicked a vein on the way out. No big deal. I occasionally get that on quads

  3. #3
    dieselheart is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    manitoba
    Posts
    14
    On the way out u nicked a vein. It happens no biggy asking no blood when u aspirated ur good. Scary shit though first time eh

  4. #4
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    20 seconds of blood shooting out, as in spurting or dripping? Can you please confirm that statement? Veins don't generally spurt blood, arteries do.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  5. #5
    Grizzly Live is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    America
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite
    20 seconds of blood shooting out, as in spurting or dripping? Can you please confirm that statement? Veins don't shoot blood, arteries do.
    More like dripping out rapidly for 20seconds

  6. #6
    crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Micanopy/Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    5,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Live View Post
    Ok so last night I pinned testE, it was 1cc of 300mg.. Any who I put the needle in, aspirate with no blood then after my business was concluded I withdrew the needle and to my surprise blood shot out pretty fast only for like 20 seconds , the question is wtf happend? I aspirated and still got blood?
    Hi, don't worry this is common. Sometimes you hit it going out, sometime going in and go past it and you don't register blood and the here it comes. It's ok. If you read all these threads about injections you will hear a lot of this.

    I do not aspirate , never sometimes blood sometimes none. Most of the time there will be a spot, remember you are cutting thru many capillaries , some bring blood and some take blood back to the heart. Which one's did you hit ?? All of them. You can't get away from capillaries. So I won't give you the injection tech and results 101 dissertation and leave it at that. Be cool, it's OK. ...crazy mike

  7. #7
    Grizzly Live is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    America
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselheart
    On the way out u nicked a vein. It happens no biggy asking no blood when u aspirated ur good. Scary shit though first time eh
    I've pinned many of times before , never really hit a vein

  8. #8
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Live View Post
    More like dripping out rapidly for 20seconds
    Ok. that is a massive difference. That's normal, just needed to block the site.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  9. #9
    clarky.'s Avatar
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,392
    More than likely you went through a vain on the way in or just nicked it no big deal just put your alcohol wipe on it with pressure it will stop fast

  10. #10
    Grizzly Live is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    America
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite
    Ok. that is a massive difference. That's normal, just needed to block the site.
    What would of happend if it shot out ?

  11. #11
    ChiveOn's Avatar
    ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SoCal USA
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    Hi, don't worry this is common. Sometimes you hit it going out, sometime going in and go past it and you don't register blood and the here it comes. It's ok. If you read all these threads about injections you will hear a lot of this.

    I do not aspirate, never sometimes blood sometimes none. Most of the time there will be a spot, remember you are cutting thru many capillaries , some bring blood and some take blood back to the heart. Which one's did you hit ?? All of them. You can't get away from capillaries. So I won't give you the injection tech and results 101 dissertation and leave it at that. Be cool, it's OK. ...crazy mike
    Yo CM, am I reading correctly that you do NOT aspirate ? What's the school of thought behind this? Just curious

  12. #12
    Grizzly Live is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    America
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiveOn

    Yo CM, am I reading correctly that you do NOT aspirate? What's the school of thought behind this? Just curious
    I noticed A couple of my workout buddies when we pin that they don't aspirate

  13. #13
    crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Micanopy/Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    5,868
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
    Yo CM, am I reading correctly that you do NOT aspirate? What's the school of thought behind this? Just curious
    There are so, so many places I've discussed and others discussed this, I'm surprised you haven't seen this, but ok. To save everyone else listening to me again, and again on this I will make a quick n short as possible answered. Before I say anything I will tell you I have extensive experience over many, many years of IV, and IM injections. I am an expert I will say on mainlining. I know what it takes to hit a vein and STAY IN that vein in order to inject even 1/4 cc of fluid into the vein without pushing thru, going out the side or just pulling back a bit and then you're out.
    Now when do you see a nurse or a doc aspirate . Hell I'm old ya know an with my dad giving us shots at home since I can remember as well as all my doc visits and hospital and psych wards I never have seen it done. NEVER. When sticking a VEIN for IV they will register the syringe to make sure they are in, sometimes pause in the middle to make sure they are STILL in.

    Anyway I've never heard of anyone in my live that has injected an intended IM shot and hit and stayed in and injected any amount into their blood stream thru the vein. Now I guess that speaks to my experience. So the school of thought follows I do like at the docs office, and stick my ass up and they stab it, just about without looking.
    Now if at another area such as delt or quad you have more chance at a vein, but again , I would challenge anyone to show me you have, or you've seen or that you can even on purpose stick a 1" or 1-1/2" needle in you get it into a vein and plunge the liquid/oil in that vein. Won't happen IMOP. So after 38 years of injecting either IV or IM and never have aspirated, I think I am experienced enough to tell you it is unnecessary.
    So when you see a little blood and you still plunge it I tell you the oil/water compound will be injected all around the area and into the muscle or fat or whatever and will be absorbed by your body. ....crazy mike
    Last edited by crazy mike; 06-18-2013 at 09:10 AM.

  14. #14
    ChiveOn's Avatar
    ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SoCal USA
    Posts
    1,404
    It makes sense, don't mean to bring up old news lol. I'm aware you're an injection expert I've never read into te subject. Always just seemed like the safe way to go for less than a two seconds of extra work. Glutes it isn't necessary but I've pulled blood into the syringe in quads, recently, and it kind of creeps me out a bit so ill stick with what works.
    I definitely see your point though. Thanks

  15. #15
    OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,999
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    So after 38 years of injecting either IV or IM and never have aspirated, I think I am experienced enough to tell you it is unnecessary.
    Intravenous eh? And didn't inject in a vein? Lol :P

  16. #16
    crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Micanopy/Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    5,868
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
    It makes sense, don't mean to bring up old news lol. I'm aware you're an injection expert I've never read into te subject. Always just seemed like the safe way to go for less than a two seconds of extra work. Glutes it isn't necessary but I've pulled blood into the syringe in quads, recently, and it kind of creeps me out a bit so ill stick with what works.
    I definitely see your point though. Thanks
    Ah ha, cool beans man, that was so easy. Thank you !! Just stay cool and you'll be alright. ...crazy mike

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •