boisebeast is offline Member

Quick Clen Question (Cant find answer in other threads)

Hey everyone. I will be starting my cutting phase in about about 1 month. I've been lifting for 2.5 years and am NOT on any AAS. For this cut I have purchased a bottle of liquid clen that I'll be using.

My question is: I was planning on doing my first two weeks without the clen to ensure I am losing no more than 1/lb a week before I touch it. When I begin to use the clen, if I continue to consume the amount amount of calories, and say I lose 2.5 pounds a week, is that too much per week? I'm basically wondering how much is a safe number of pounds to lose per week while I'm cycling clen (2 wk on/off). Thanks in advance for your help! I haven't been able to find this answer anywhere

Other info:
    5'11"
    180 lbs 14-15% bf

Anyone? Please

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO and I am not a clen nor diet master but with or without clen I never like to lose more than 2.5lbs a week in fair of loosing strength and muscle tissue. If you can lose a pound a week (that about 5k burnt to lose pound of fat) why can't you increase cardio and slightly less calories and do it naturally ?
    Last edited by derekkpapa1; 02-27-2014 at 07:52 PM.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Most health professionals agree that losing 1-3 pounds of week is safe and fairly healthy. Any more than that is where most would disagree. If you are a scientist list myself and require evidence my account does not allow me to post outside sources so just do an open web search for yourself.

I'm talking about a safe amount to lose a week in regard to preserving muscle mass (while on a clen phase).

So if I'm eating 500 below maintenance and losing 1 lb a week WITHOUT clen, then I start my clen cycle and I'm eating the same amount of calories, but I lose 3 pounds a week because of the clen. Is that okay in terms of minimizing muscle loss?

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    yes you will be fine you can always adjust your diet. Diet is still 80% and 15% cardio/training 5% aas

I wouldn't go much lower than 500 calories below TDEE though

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830
    I wouldn't go much lower than 500 calories below TDEE though
    500 cals below TDEE before clen is taken, correct?

Well period, clen or no clen if you go below 500 calories you will risk losing gains. I personally only go about 300 calories under TDEE cutting on clen and at 13-14% BF right now I am still seeing good results.

Well period, clen or no clen if you go below 500 calories you will risk losing gains. I personally only go about 300 calories under TDEE cutting on clen and at 13-14% BF right now I am still seeing good results.
    Then there would be no point of running clen ...

Yes there is. Clen is going to increase your metabolic activity by however many percent until the body tells itself to get rid of some of those beta 2 receptors in order to account for the compound in your system. This is your body's way of keep itself in a somewhat normal state of homeostasis. Now that is why we do 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, so that by the time your body wants to start deactivating receptors you are off it and your body calls off that process so to speak. What I am getting at here is that regardless of your calorie deficit your metabolism is going to be more effective. So let's say you are -500 calories and with your exercise you are losing 1 pound a week. Adding clen will cause you to lose slightly more depending on your bf%.

As far as trying to lose bf and gain/maintain muscle on clen I would recommend a slightly less deficit on clen such as -300 because if you are already -500 you are close to what I consider a safe limit before losing muscle, unless you are one of those hardcore dieters and I don't meet them often. So doing -500 calories then adding the fat burning effects of clen your body might just surpass that point of lost gains threshold. So that's why I stick to -300 on clen.

Now these are just opinions of mine and personal preference. The beauty of the whole system is that you can analyze your body and adjust accordingly, science is amazing. But the facts of it are that clen does increase metabolic efficiency, and cutting too many calories can cause muscle loss. So if you want the political answer from me I would just say do the -500 on clen and see what happens and adjust accordingly.

Did that cover everything? I was kind of confused as to what you were getting at for a minute.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Also, keep in mind that liquid clen can be dosed all over the place. For example, I have shaken my liquid clen and taken what should have been 40mcg, but I had terrible sweats, a horrible headache and an increase in body temp. I thought this was normal until I switched to pills, which I beleive are more accurate for measurements. I quickly got up to 120mcg per day and never experienced what I thought was 40 when doing liquid. Although I shook the hell out of it, I think it was way overdosed and maybe the manufacturer didnt shake his big jug well and I got the last of it. Under normal curcumstances I would have been happy, but with clen you dont want to be doing too much. Just be careful and dont forget to shake the bottle to ensure it is at least all mixed together. Its just another opinion I wanted to add to the good info already given. In the future I would consider buying pills as they are easy to find even without any type of a source. Good luck!

Yes there is. Clen is going to increase your metabolic activity by however many percent until the body tells itself to get rid of some of those beta 2 receptors in order to account for the compound in your system. This is your body's way of keep itself in a somewhat normal state of homeostasis. Now that is why we do 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, so that by the time your body wants to start deactivating receptors you are off it and your body calls off that process so to speak. What I am getting at here is that regardless of your calorie deficit your metabolism is going to be more effective. So let's say you are -500 calories and with your exercise you are losing 1 pound a week. Adding clen will cause you to lose slightly more depending on your bf%. As far as trying to lose bf and gain/maintain muscle on clen I would recommend a slightly less deficit on clen such as -300 because if you are already -500 you are close to what I consider a safe limit before losing muscle, unless you are one of those hardcore dieters and I don't meet them often. So doing -500 calories then adding the fat burning effects of clen your body might just surpass that point of lost gains threshold. So that's why I stick to -300 on clen. Now these are just opinions of mine and personal preference. The beauty of the whole system is that you can analyze your body and adjust accordingly, science is amazing. But the facts of it are that clen does increase metabolic efficiency, and cutting too many calories can cause muscle loss. So if you want the political answer from me I would just say do the -500 on clen and see what happens and adjust accordingly. Did that cover everything? I was kind of confused as to what you were getting at for a minute.
    Thank you, that's exactly what I was wondering. Sorry for the confusion, it's kind of a tough question to word.

For the poster above me, thanks for the heads up. AR-R was my brand so I'm pretty confident that the dosage will be correct

Just be careful with clen . I have never been one to get bad sides from anything I have ever used but clen really gave it too me hard the first time I used it. I followed the generic pyramid scheme with doses and realized my body needed a more gradual approach so I stopped it, gave myself time off, and really took it easy. Now I love it.

Thread Information