ChestNBack is offline Associate Member

How long should i wait for injection swelling to go down

Before I make my way to a doctors office how long should I wait for swelling in injection site to go down? Last Thursday I injected shoulder and I have redness and warm area from shoulder down to bicep area with a hard lump in injection site. Since last Thursday it has gotten better but it still hurts when touched. Swelling is going down and has gotten better over the days. but not sure if I should wait it out or go get a shot or something. A guy at my gym who has a lot of cycles under his belt told me its happened to him about 4 times but never has went to the hospital. He told me to take some Advil to relieve pain and put heating pad on. Both of those things seemed to help a lot.

Yeah, it happens. If all of your gear was sterile it's probably not infection. If this is a first injection in the shoulders it virgin muscle and it's gonna hurt. Hang in there. It'll pass.

Well it's not first injection. Switched gear to new source. It's hulk gear. So I'm going
    To assume its good. Maybe just stronger than the other gear I was using

AlinSR is offline new member
    It seems to be healing, so as long as it's getting better, I wouldn't bother with er.

Hey guys. Pain is def getting better but I can't train upper body without this getting irritated. Going to go to doc today. Is this something that gets drained or a shot of penicillin. Rather a quick shot.

cgozz is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChestNBack
    Hey guys. Pain is def getting better but I can't train upper body without this getting irritated. Going to go to doc today. Is this something that gets drained or a shot of penicillin. Rather a quick shot.
    It's a normal reaction. My delts would get really red. The redness would spread all around my bicep. Over time this went away. Does not even occur anymore.

damn bro yep started in shoulder and went down to bicep. lump is there. you sure I should just ride it out. Its just that I wont be able to work upper body until its healed. I only want the shot so lump can go away and get back to working out

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    If it's swollen and hot to the touch it could well be infected i would go and get the doc's opinion just to be safe mate i've had sore muscles from pinning virgin muscle but never hot or red

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Sounds like you have a handle on this but I thought I would mention one thing: pain does not mean it is legit or strong.

Yea went to doc and got amoxicillin

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Sounds like you have a handle on this but I thought I would mention one thing: pain does not mean it is legit or strong.
    Correct there. N I've never had redness or heat around injection site. Sounds like a mild infection. And even the most reliable source cuts corners sometimes. Its not hard to miss a process in sterilization meaning more likely a much larger batch becomes slightly bacterial. If u got a pressure cooker or autoclave I'd Cooke just to male sure. If u keep hitting ur system with infections eventually it'll overpower u.

How do I do either process?

Thread Information