Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AD

Thread: Week 6- only 5lbs gained

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Week 6- only 5lbs gained

Last cycle was test e. 500mg a week for 10 weeks stacked with dbol 30mg for 4 weeks. I gained about 20lbs of that cycle. I did time on+PCT= time off and jumped on test e. 500mg a week. I started this cycle at 212lbs and im on week 6 and am currently right around 217lbs. I know if I want to get bigger than last cycle I have to eat more so I have added extra meals and adjusted my diet. but im afraid im not making the gains I should be as I have been stuck at this weight for a couple weeks now. My strength is awesome and I can eat like an animal but im just worried im not going to make the gains I want to make. The reason im worried is I have had problems making gains with this test before. The last cycle I ran test only I gained ten lbs then stopped and I had to bump the dosage up to start making more gains.

Flacco is offline Member
    What are your stats? What are you're goals? You know, it sometimes takes Test E 5-6 weeks to build up in your system. You're probably only beginning to see profound results from it now. For your last cycle, what week did you bump up the dosage?

6'2" 217lbs ~12%bf. My goal this cycle was to reach 230lbs. My last test only cycle I bumped it to 750mg a week at week six or seven I believe.

Flacco is offline Member
    Yeah... since Test E doesn't really show major changes or "kick in" till week 5 or 6, it was probably unnecessary for you to up your dose. You probably would have started seeing results from it beginning week 6 anyway. The end result, with or without the dbol will be pretty close as far as gains if your diet is in check, and you're eating like a monster. Personally, I like to run Test E or Cyp for 12 weeks.

Maybe I will have to push it out to 12 weeks... Because I don't think I will be hitting 230 by week 10.

Flacco is offline Member
    From your stats, you sound like you're in good shape. If you want to end up at 230 after Pct... you should shoot for 235 at least. Weeks 6-12 on a test cyp/test E cycle, the gains are much much greater than in the first 6 weeks. Do you know what you're doing with diet/eating? You said you've been stuck at the same weight for a little while now? I'd post your stats and diet in the nutrition section to get some feedback. Personally, I don't think its out of the question, that if your gear is good, and you're eating the right foods, and enough of them, that you could come close to your goal. I'd Def go to 12 weeks though.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    5lbs of lean muscle is very impressive gain, at only wk 6.
    Java Man likes this.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    5lbs of lean muscle is very impressive gain, at only wk 6.
    It is. If that's lean and not total weight gained. If you want to be 230 start eating like you're 250, now. Don't wait until you are 230.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I doubt your 5lbs is lean tissue its probably all water weight to be honest.

You want to gain more you need to eat more, train more intense or progressively increase the weight to create a serious overload on you system so it as no alternative but to grow. If your not gaining like you should your either not eating correctly, training hard enough or your gear is shite.

Aren't you the guy who started a couple of threads about drinking while on cycle? you will lose all your gains in that week with a heavy session drinking, shouldn't be even coming into your head,

also what age did you start cycling at?

Yeah I started that thread... I drink about 4 beers one night a week. My first test cycle was at 22.

Thread Information