Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Injections: Tips, Tricks, Questions and Answers

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    fwiw, according to my pharmacist, needles can be re-used iff on the same person, and kept sterile between injections.

DROY is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    fwiw, according to my pharmacist, needles can be re-used iff on the same person, and kept sterile between injections.
    Why take the chance? Needles are cheap and I would think that spending a few cents to avoid the risk of infection is a good investment. Personally I wouldn't reuse a needle nor the syringe.

sv.elia is offline Thinkin' Bold
    Is soaking a cotton ball in alcohol(70%) just as effecive as an alcohol swab for cleaning the top of the vial? I could not find single-use alcohol swabs at the pharmacies in town (I live in a small one atm and for me they're available only by online order) and I wonder if my practice with cotton balls is just as safe.

Eta: just realised the post dates. Apparently I revived the thread
    Last edited by sv.elia; 11-03-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    JaneDoe likes this.
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Quote Originally Posted by sv.elia View Post
    Is soaking a cotton ball in alcohol(70%) just as effecive as an alcohol swab for cleaning the top of the vial? I could not find single-use alcohol swabs at the pharmacies in town (I live in a small one atm and for me they're available only by online order) and I wonder if my practice with cotton balls is just as safe.

Eta: just realised the post dates. Apparently I revived the thread
    You can order them online, but I usually just grab them from the local pharmacy over by where the diabetic shit is. 200 wipes is like $5 or something
    Dgs59 and JaneDoe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    You can order them online, but I usually just grab them from the local pharmacy over by where the diabetic shit is. 200 wipes is like $5 or something
    Thanks, I'll try to look for them myself. Asked the cashier but knew nothing of it.
    JaneDoe likes this.
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sv.elia View Post
    Thanks, I'll try to look for them myself. Asked the cashier but knew nothing of it.
    Yeah, they are openly available and if you can't find them ask the pharmacist yourself instead of cashier, if they don't have it in store you can go to any near by clinic and ask a nurse to spare you a few until you receive your order. I am sure they are kind enough to give you a bunch for free they really cheap....

Hey, 4 years later the thread is alive
    JaneDoe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dgs59 View Post
    Yeah, they are openly available and if you can't find them ask the pharmacist yourself instead of cashier, if they don't have it in store you can go to any near by clinic and ask a nurse to spare you a few until you receive your order. I am sure they are kind enough to give you a bunch for free they really cheap....

Hey, 4 years later the thread is alive
    Found them, blind cashier

It's a good thread, it clarified a bunch of things for me
    Dgs59 and JaneDoe like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information