jrcakr3w is offline New Member

Question Anadrol oral and acid reflux ?

Quick question . I have bad acid reflux which I take prilosec everyday for it . It seems like as the days go on n the more anadrol I take the worse my acid reflux becomes .

Atomini is offline Banned
    Yes, this is not actual acid reflux. This is called cholestasis of the liver, likely early early early onset of it. Please see my thread here on liver support and all info regarding liver issues in regards to oral AAS:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-ORAL-TOXICITY!!

Please read through THE WHOLE THREAD before asking any further questions. Just a quick little quote from my post in that thread, which centers on the issue of supposed 'acid reflux' from Anadrol -50 (or other highly liver toxic steroids ):

Everytime now that I take an oral AAS, I get massive heartburn within 3 days. I even tried an injectable oral and still got acid reflux within a week. So, I did some research and found some interesting information. This is just a random post I found on Google.

http://www.********.com/forums/archi...p/t-36636.html
    Everyone seems to miss what is happening here. If an oral kills your appetite, it is because it is too toxic for the liver. I forget exactly what happens, but to summarize, when the liver is overloaded it causes a slowing of digestion, and a backflow of bile, which is why you also see people complaining of acid reflux on harsh 17aa's. The only way to really cure your appetite is to drop the anadrol . Perhaps next time around run with liv. 52 and alpha lipoic acid?

From what I read, bile helps with digestion. Now, when I take an oral AAS, the pain I get is similar to acid reflu/heartburn, but not exactly. It feels more like the food I eat just sits in my stomach and rots, never digesting. Lets say I eat some tacos on Tuesday, by Thursday morning I am still burping that taste up.That always made me wonder if orals cause heartburn or something similar.

Now read this
    http://www.emoryhealthcare.org/liver...blems.html#PBC

In primary biliary cirrhosis, inflammation destroys the bile ducts and prevents bile from escaping the liver. The accumulated bile damages healthy liver tissue, eventually leading to cirrhosis (scarring). As scar tissue replaces healthy liver tissue, the liver loses its ability to function. All this happens very slowly. People with PBC can lead healthy, symptom-free lives for 10 years or more after diagnosis.

Though primary biliary cirrhosis is often asymptomatic, especially early on, the most common symptom is extreme itching, especially in the arms, legs and back. Other symptoms include fluid buildup in the abdomen or legs, jaundice (yellowing of the eyes and skin), or fatty deposits and darkening of the skin under the eyes.

The standard treatment for PBC is a daily dose of a medication called ursodiol. Ursodiol improves liver function and increases life expectancy in people with PBC. Other medications may be indicated for controlling symptoms
    I'd advise you to search out and buy some UDCA/TUDCA immediately.

500-1000mg daily for general liver maintenance.

1000mg or more daily for liver repair due to heavy liver damage.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    Yes, this is not actual acid reflux. This is called cholestasis of the liver, likely early early early onset of it. Please see my thread here on liver support and all info regarding liver issues in regards to oral AAS:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-ORAL-TOXICITY!!

Please read through THE WHOLE THREAD before asking any further questions. Just a quick little quote from my post in that thread, which centers on the issue of supposed 'acid reflux' from Anadrol-50 (or other highly liver toxic steroids):
    atomini man, he has heartburn!!

no need to scare the shit out of him....

OP, im heartburn prone, and the two AAS that rile it most are drol and tren

I'm not scaring the shit out of him, but this is in fact a common case of slight liver cholestasis especially when people exhibit acid reflux while using an oral AAS such as Anadrol -50. It is such a common occurance that it's not simple 'heartburn' or 'acid reflux'.

Because C17 AA oral anabolic steroids impair bile flow and function, not enough bile can be secreted in order to properly digest foods (especially fats). And so as a result, what ends up happening is the stomach produces even higher acid content to overcompensate for the lack of bile production and secretion. What you then end up having is heartburn and acid reflux as a result of cholestasis. That's what the heartburn is from. Now, does it make more sense to tackle the cause? Or to simply mask the problem?

The reason why Anadrol and Trenbolone seem to cause this occurance to rise in individuals more than other AAS is because both Anadrol and Trenbolone are very resistant to hepatic breakdown. Again, this results in cholestasis. AKA, impaired bile flow and impaired bile production. Please read my thread on liver toxicity to gain an understanding of it. It is not good to ignore these things, and much better to gain an understanding of WHY you're getting increased acid reflux and heartburn from specific cycles of specific AAS, such as A50.

I also want to note that this isn't something you're going to DIE from, but it is important to know what's going on here. If you had really bad hepatic cholestasis to the point of bad liver damage, you'd have A LOT of other symptoms and perhaps even jaundice. The increased acid reflux and heartburn while on Anadol-50 is just a simple indication that bile flow has been impeded even slightly. But its better to correct the problem with proper liver support than to go out and buy antacids that simply cover the problem rather than fix the source of the problem. And it is always important to, if you can, monitor liver enzyme levels via bloodwork because you have no idea what the magnitude really could be. But as a general precaution, i'm telling members here that TUDCA/UDCA supplementation will get rid of all acid reflux and heartburn while on hepatotoxic or hepatic breakdown resistant AAS.

Blog Entries
    I'm not scaring the shit out of him, but this is in fact a common case of slight liver cholestasis especially when people exhibit acid reflux while using an oral AAS such as Anadrol -50. It is such a common occurance that it's not simple 'heartburn' or 'acid reflux'.

Because C17 AA oral anabolic steroids impair bile flow and function, not enough bile can be secreted in order to properly digest foods (especially fats). And so as a result, what ends up happening is the stomach produces even higher acid content to overcompensate for the lack of bile production and secretion. What you then end up having is heartburn and acid reflux as a result of cholestasis. That's what the heartburn is from. Now, does it make more sense to tackle the cause? Or to simply mask the problem?

The reason why Anadrol and Trenbolone seem to cause this occurance to rise in individuals more than other AAS is because both Anadrol and Trenbolone are very resistant to hepatic breakdown. Again, this results in cholestasis. AKA, impaired bile flow and impaired bile production. Please read my thread on liver toxicity to gain an understanding of it. It is not good to ignore these things, and much better to gain an understanding of WHY you're getting increased acid reflux and heartburn from specific cycles of specific AAS, such as A50.
    ive had bloods drawn midway through a tren run in which i had to double dose omeprazole to quell heartburn, my liver values were spot on......

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    ive had bloods drawn midway through a tren run in which i had to double dose omeprazole to quell heartburn, my liver values were spot on......
    Tren isn't very liver toxic. It is ever so slightly, due to its stronger resistance to hepatic breakdown in comparison to other injectable AAS, but not enough to shake things up at all... its pretty marginal. The A-50s and other similar orals are, though. That's what you need to watch out for. I've run A50 for 10 weeks no problem (50mg/day). I remember getting bad heartburn close to the end though.

Blog Entries
    OP go get bloods done if your worried, i strongly suspect all you need is heartburn remedy.

Blog Entries
    Tren isn't very liver toxic. It is ever so slightly, due to its stronger resistance to hepatic breakdown in comparison to other injectable AAS, but not enough to shake things up at all... its pretty marginal. The A-50s and other similar orals are, though. That's what you need to watch out for. I've run A50 for 10 weeks no problem (50mg/day). I remember getting bad heartburn close to the end though.
    adrol is rough on most ppl's stomach's and its always manifested in heartburn, i know some who cant even eat they get gastric symptoms so bad.

briansvk is offline Associate Member
    I know I am bumping an old thread here, but... Right now I am on 100mg of oxymetholone a day.. I am supplementing ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) 500mg/day devided into 2 doses... Well I take it with oxy on morning and on evening... And I still have quite bad acid reflux mainly on evening and at night... So why is this, even when I take liver support? Or is 500mg too low dose?
    Last edited by briansvk; 10-11-2013 at 06:21 AM.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    100mcg daily?

briansvk is offline Associate Member
    100mg of course Sorry about that..

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    I get bad acid reflux from tren . Since I started the orals it's gotten better, weird enough. I did start taking NAC with the orals though. Maybe that's helping out

Thread Information