goatofthunder is offline Junior Member

Rapid weight gain during bulk.

Hi guys.

1 september I started to bulk after last summers cut. I was down to about 10% bf and weighing 178 lbs at 6 feet. I was pretty happy with that cut in general which i used 300 mg test for.
    So far i´ve gained decent strength during the 2 month bulk, but i´ve added 22 lbs and some of it´s definitely fat.
    I´m eating around 3500 kcal per day and consuming 250-300 gr protein. I train hard, 4-5 days a week with "standard" spilts.

I´m just a litle conserned if i´m gaining too much fat. I know the mind can scrue you up and maybe there is nothing to worry about, after all I´ve always had better luck with cutting than bulking. The plan was to start the cut in january-february. Considering i´m using 650 mg test e for the bulk, I just have a hard time believing 3500 kcal is too much. Is this a reasonable amount of weight gain or should i cut my kcal lower?

AlphaMike is offline Productive Member
    Sounds like a combination of fat and water weight, highly doubt that you threw on even 10lbs of lean muscle in only 2 months at that dose. Both require a simple adjustment in diet.

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Most of it's just water.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMike View Post
    Sounds like a combination of fat and water weight, highly doubt that you threw on even 10lbs of lean muscle in only 2 months at that dose. Both require a simple adjustment in diet.
    Well the dose is actually 800 but here in Iceland most of the gear is not as potent as it says on the bottle, so i estimated at least 650 mg.
    When you say adjustment in diet, you mean lowering carbs and kcal? I´m currently consuming 200-250 gr carbs per day, but i´m carb sensitive.
    I have no real problem with water weight, I know I can reduce that pretty fast. Should I maybe try a week or two of low carbs?

I was also thinking about adding some D bol of 30 mg per day, I know I will retain water with it, but as i said, I have no real problem with that, I´ts only the fat gain I want to minimize. Cutting fat has always been easier to me in the past, so I know I can do that pretty effectivly with low dose of test and keto diet.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Are you taking an ai?

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Are you taking an ai?
    I'm taking 0.25 mg end arimedex

Thread Information