str8cubano79 is offline Junior Member

Can arimidex by itself cause hairloss?

I'm extremely prone to hairloss from testosterone . Just wondering if taking arimidex by itself can cause hairloss..

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    you mean taking it without any aas?

cmax is offline Associate Member
    Arimidex itself will raise your natural testosterone levels so taking it by itself could increase hairloss slightly due to the extra conversion of test to DHT.

However if you take the arimidex with something like Saw Palmetto then this might not be a factor.

I have taken arimidex alone and with AAS and I did not notice any increase in hairloss. However, I take rogaine twice a day and use Nioxin shampoo so this could have helped to prevent it.

I know that many guys take arimidex with propecia to prevent any of the possible estrogenic sides associated with taking propecia alone. Some people have even claimed that arimidex alone has caused hair regrowth (placebo effect?), see hairsite.com references on arimidex: http://www.farrellmanual.com/drugs/arimidex.htm

str8cubano79 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmax
    Arimidex itself will raise your natural testosterone levels so taking it by itself could increase hairloss slightly due to the extra conversion of test to DHT.

However if you take the arimidex with something like Saw Palmetto then this might not be a factor.

I have taken arimidex alone and with AAS and I did not notice any increase in hairloss. However, I take rogaine twice a day and use Nioxin shampoo so this could have helped to prevent it.

I know that many guys take arimidex with propecia to prevent any of the possible estrogenic sides associated with taking propecia alone. Some people have even claimed that arimidex alone has caused hair regrowth (placebo effect?), see hairsite.com references on arimidex: http://www.farrellmanual.com/drugs/arimidex.htm
    thanks dude. Yea I am currently taking propecia. FUnny, after all the research, I never knew that propecia would raise estrogen. Thus all the extra estrogenic fat under my nipples...

hoopcat528 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by str8cubano79
    thanks dude. Yea I am currently taking propecia. FUnny, after all the research, I never knew that propecia would raise estrogen. Thus all the extra estrogenic fat under my nipples...
    I have the same problem.

Even when I am not on cycle I take propecia and for this reason I take anti-E's.

KidUK is offline Associate Member
    Does Propecia kill sex drive for most guys?? i HAVE HEARD that is one of the side effects.

Thread Information