• 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By Java Man
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk
  • 1 Post By Java Man

Thread: Off Season!

armyranger516862006 is offline Associate Member

Off Season!

Hey guys quick question what are some supplements or vitamins etc do you guys take during your off cycles? Maybe peptides or?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Vitamin c, a good multivitamin and a strict nutrition plan
    Java Man likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    only thing that changes in offseason is reps and weights and More of the Same foods you eat in the prep phase
    Java Man likes this.

DPTUK is offline Banned
    Last edited by DPTUK; 12-15-2013 at 01:52 PM.

armyranger516862006 is offline Associate Member
    What I expected. How does your reps change like higher or lower?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by DPTUK View Post
    Everything changes completely in the off season.

Off season you do whatever you want however you want.
    thats terrible advice
    Java Man likes this.

DPTUK is offline Banned

seriouslifter is offline Member
    why do you think they call it off season?

if you listen to advice of the bodybuilding magazine who tell bullshit to try and sell the magazines then that your progative.

But the truth is if you met a real pro bodybuilders in the off season in real life, they tell you it doesn't matter what you eat!

Think about it, a pro sponsored boydbuilder can't exactly be like "yeah dude in the off season, I eat KFC 5 times a day and liters of coke" their sponsors wouldn't like it, just like they cant admit their drug use etc.

With the amount of drugs they take it doesn't matter what they eat pretty much till about 8-12 weeks before a comp.

That's the truth of it.

Watch this....

Classic! Pro BodyBuilder Lee Priest Eating Out - YouTube
    you really think they eat that crap in the off season? probably eat all clean and a few cheats

DPTUK is offline Banned

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    different bodybuilders do different things and yes im aware of the drugs they take year round. the top guys stay fairly lean in offseason. most of them eat the same things in the off season as they do in contest prep but just more of it. its not "do whatever you want to do".
    the sole goal of the offseason is build as much tissue as possibly can without getting to fat.
    OP you can check out Metaljects "successful competing" thread and he can answer your specific questions on off season diet and training there.
    Java Man likes this.

DPTUK is offline Banned

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Everything changes completely in the off season.

Off season you do whatever you want however you want.
    why do you think they call it off season?

if you listen to advice of the bodybuilding magazine who tell bullshit to try and sell the magazines then that your progative.

But the truth is if you met a real pro bodybuilders in the off season in real life, they tell you it doesn't matter what you eat!

Think about it, a pro sponsored boydbuilder can't exactly be like "yeah dude in the off season, I eat KFC 5 times a day and liters of coke" their sponsors wouldn't like it, just like they cant admit their drug use etc.

With the amount of drugs they take it doesn't matter what they eat pretty much till about 8-12 weeks before a comp.

That's the truth of it.

Watch this....

Classic! Pro BodyBuilder Lee Priest Eating Out - YouTube
    I don't think....I KNOW! And it ain't no binge day either.

Eating clean is just a myth created by the bodybuilding magazines to create illusion of health, which is far from what real bodybuilding is all about.

I know cos I have been to many seminars speaking to real pro's etc and when they are in an friendly private environment they usually open up and tell you the realities of things.
    Perhaps you need to read the op's question again:
    Quote Originally Posted by armyranger516862006 View Post
    Hey guys quick question what are some supplements or vitamins etc do you guys take during your off cycles? Maybe peptides or?
    He did not ask what genetically gifted, sponsored, professional IFBB bodybuilders take during the off season while bulking for their next go at the Olympia, which you cannot answer unless you yourself are one of those very few people anyways , but you made the attempt.

Lets see what you look like. I'd want to see that before I took any advice from anyone. If youre not in better shape than I am and can't back up what you said with real evidence I wouldn't listen to you. That's just me though.

In fact, I don't see the word offseason anywhere in the op's question. He said 'when you're off CYCLES. Take note of the reference to 'you', Do you eat whatever you want? If you practice what you preached above I really want to see some pictures of your physique. You'd be either incredibly fat, with incredibly high cholesterol, or youre incredibly gifted and should consider yourself such. Most people cannot eat whatever they want. The OP is also not likely to be taking 'the amount of drugs they take' which would be a huge advantage but also puts many of them in the grave long before their time.

DPTUK is offline Banned
    Last edited by DPTUK; 12-15-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Lol. pics?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You are trying to tell me I am stupid and you can't even read the title of the thread which if you look is called "off season".

You then attempt to say knowledge of a subject = how you look? Give me a break.

Lyle Mcdonald doesn't look like Ronnie Coleman, doesn't mean he doesn't understand nutrition or training science.

If you are going to debate intelligently then we can carry on this discussion, there is nothing wrong with people having different opinion on subjects, you have yours I have mine.
    You have read the thread title but not the first post.

You see 'off season' as an excuse to gorge yourself. You don't have a season so you can't have an off season.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    You are trying to tell me I am stupid and you can't even read the title of the thread which if you look is called "off season".

Lyle Mcdonald doesn't look like Ronnie Coleman, doesn't mean he doesn't understand nutrition or training science.

If you are going to debate intelligently then we can carry on this discussion, there is nothing wrong with people having different opinion on subjects, you have yours I have mine.
    you lost it with me when you said you can do whatever you want to do. java has a good point also. while yes people like charles glass dont have a mr. olympia physique at the present they still are the best in the biz. so stop acting like you are...and maybe you wont get bashed so hard. some of your responses are just ignorant man you need to stop acting like king dingaling on this forum.
    Java Man likes this.

DPTUK is offline Banned

DPTUK is offline Banned

I don't need to compete to have an off season, there is no reason whatsoever a natty bodybuilder should be dieting 24-7 365, I mean if I was a model or something and I got paid on doing photo shoots etc all read round then yes I would understand.

It is not healthy mentally either to deprive yourself and diet 24-7, if I want to relax and chill for a couple of month to recharge the system then I will.

When you lose over 80lbs in 7 months NATTY, then you can have the right to tell me and what is an excuse or not and make moral judgments.
    Recharge the system isn't an excuse to go and eat like shit every day for 2 months. It's not an off season. But you stray from the point and the question, as you did in your first reply. So, answer this for the OP rather than randomly going off on one......,

What are some supplements and minerals that you guys take off cycle.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

DPTUK is offline Banned

On cycle:
    Vitamins A, B-12, B Complex, D3, E
    Fish Oil
    Whey Protein
    Arginine
    Citrulline
    Creatine
    Taurine
    Glutamine
    ALA
    NAC
    ALCar
    Always eat lean, on or off. Bodyfat is never desirable.
    Training; HIT style. Low reps beyond failure. Rip those fibers to shreds and rebuild them. Increased caloric intake. Increase is in protein and carbs. Fat always no more than 15% total calories.

Off Cycle:
    vitamins same
    Training changes to higher rep, lower weight TO failure not beyond. This is maintenance time. Try to keep everything you gained during the build phase.
    Adjustments to calories to suit slower metabolic rate of natty mortals.
    Vitamin B12 changed to once per week rather than daily (1,000mcg cyano) but diet is highly individualistic and depends on your goals at the time.

I don't change much between on and off. Protein intake is doubled from 1g/lb to 2g/lb when on. I take more of the vitamins ie twice what I take off cycle when on. You have to provide the extra fuel for the enhanced state youre in.
    Cuz likes this.

he said supplements, vitamins, maybe PEPTIDES, clearly drugs comes into that, but MEH, I'm done with this thread.
    I sincerely hope so.

he said supplements, vitamins, maybe PEPTIDES, clearly drugs comes into that, but MEH, I'm done with this thread.
    Oh I am sorry, I missed peptides. You missed the whole fvcking post I think, you only mention eating as much as you like.

Oh, and I will never accept a 'snickers', I'm old enough to remember marathon bars and will continue to call them that for as long as I shall live!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by armyranger516862006 View Post
    What I expected. How does your reps change like higher or lower?
    well I keep mine on the low side in the offseason. workimg sets to failute usually range in the 6-8 range. anything less than six reps I just dont think you are stimulating enough fibers. check out Marcus diary in the lounge, you can learn alot about HIT training there also man.
    Java Man likes this.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    This thread has gotten as retarded as every other one you post in DPTUK! "Off season" means during the time of non competition. Not many here are pushing their bodies to the limit of diet, exercise and steroid use .

The rest of us simply take breaks because we are injured or lazy.

Absolutely. As a first.impression, not knowing a thing about you? Yep.

Correct. But people in that category have long, proven CV's that I can look up. That's not you.

You didn't give an opinion. You tried to state utter bvllsh!t and bad advice as fact, even posted youtube videos to 'prove' it. I can't have an intelligent debate with you at all. You are unequipped.
    I didn't call you stupid. You seem to be reading what you want to read. You gave advice that would make people fat and possibly put them in the hospital. I corrected you. That's all.
    Last edited by Java Man; 12-15-2013 at 01:00 PM.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man
    You didn't give an opinion. You tried to state utter bvllsh!t and bad advice as fact, even posted youtube videos to 'prove' it. I can't have an intelligent debate with you at all. You are unequipped.
    Come on. Everyone knows YouTube is the ultimate truth!!!! LMAO.
    Java Man likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    wow. what a debate. OP have you managed to get around the crap and learn something lol.?

Sometimes I forget my title
    Cuz likes this.

Thread Information