Thread: Pip ????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sensaispike is offline Member

Pip ????

Quick question,

I have to put my gear in the quads as I cannot reach my glutes. I have had my wife hit my glutes 2 times, and each time I got this pseudo infection.... (looks and feels like an infection but is apparently caused by gear getting between the muscle and skin)... I have heard of this before although it is not extremely common....

Anyways, back to the question, due to the above I have to go with the quads.... Everything goes well and there is no pain but about 4-6 hrs in my quads start getting really sore..... The soreness is so bad that I typically cannot sleep that night and I am usually limping for 2 or 3 days after....

I really do not think that the PIP should be this bad so anyone have any ideas on how to improve this???

I have tried 2 different needle sizes, 25g 1,5in and a 23g 1in.... with each of these I have injected slowly and massaged the area after the injection....

I am injecting into relaxed muscle....

I have been told that the smaller the gauge the less trauma, sounds about right....
    I have also been told that the smaller the gauge the more pressure the gear comes out with thus causing more trauma ie pressure washer, this make sense....

I just really need to reduce this PIP or I am not sure how long I will make it.....

thanks guys

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's very common for many. My first prop in quad i couldn't walk for 2 days then limped bad for 2 weeks. No I'm not exaggerating either.
    Test e in quad for me will give me pip for about a week. So now i stick to gluten traps delts.
    Quads are many people's favorite and least favorite spot to pin.

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    after you load the syringe, try warming it under warm water for a few minutes. Thats helped me in the past. And the slower you inject the better. How much are you injection and what compound or compounds?

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by 10nispro View Post
    after you load the syringe, try warming it under warm water for a few minutes. Thats helped me in the past. And the slower you inject the better. How much are you injection and what compound or compounds?
    DO NOT do this. Do not expose a sterile syringe to running water. This is a quick way to expose it to pathogens that could cause an infection.
    You can warm the gear in the sealed sterile vial before drawing it out.
    PIP is part of the game just watch for infection.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Try ventral glute. IMO it's the best spot to pin. You shouldn't have any problem reaching it since it's more on your side instead of back behind you. If you pin quads...warm the gear and push it slow. If you think you're pushing it slow....push it even slower. I rotate sites between ventral glute, delts, and quads, and it's rare that I get anymore pip than just minor soreness in the quads even with Prop.

roadglide83 is offline Junior Member
    I also have had problems with the quads but I think it was mostly due to the amount not how I was doing it. I would go up to 2-3 cc in one shot and couldn't barely walk for a week but if I stay to just 1cc each time I am fine. This does mean more injections but it's worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by roadglide83 View Post
    I also have had problems with the quads but I think it was mostly due to the amount not how I was doing it. I would go up to 2-3 cc in one shot and couldn't barely walk for a week but if I stay to just 1cc each time I am fine. This does mean more injections but it's worth it to me.
    yes amount of fluid in a given area plays a big role in PIP. I myself have done 3-4ml and then is pretty much no stopping PIP at that point

michael30 is offline Member
    [QUOTE=gearbox;6803088]yes amount of fluid in a given area plays a big role in PIP. I myself have done 3-4ml and then is pretty much no stopping PIP at that poi

I guess im just lucky then cuz i use 3ml and have no issues in the 3 spots i inject.

I am injecting 1mL of test E 300....

I know PIP is part of the game, but I don't think it should be this bad..... I want to try Delts but I am a little nervous..... As I am a novis with pinning myself the quads it the only spot I am comfortable with as it so east to do.....

If I go Delts would a 23g 1 inch needle do?

ANIMAL is offline Associate Member
    What gear are you injecting?

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Lots of guys complaining of PIP seem to have a common denominator.
    Higher dosed gear. Test 300 or 400. Blends etc.
    volume as well. Maybe in the future stick with lower dosed gear and break up into multiple sites.

It takes multiple times before pain decreases. And some areas there is always pain.

You need to find what site s work for you. Everyone is different. 23g make sure you are pinning slow as said above.

Test Rage is offline Junior Member
    I inject my prop daily and cut it with sterilized grapeseed oil. More shots. But less trauma per shot spread out. And with it being cut the pain i would say is reduced by a little more than 50%

Would it be worth splitting up 1mL between 2 different sites twice weekly? Would it really make that much of a difference?

I am going to try warming the gear up beforehand and going super SLOW with the 1.5in 25g needles.... Hopefully this will help....

Quote Originally Posted by sensaispike View Post
    Would it be worth splitting up 1mL between 2 different sites twice weekly? Would it really make that much of a difference?

I am going to try warming the gear up beforehand and going super SLOW with the 1.5in 25g needles.... Hopefully this will help....
    yes it will make a huge difference

Would I still get the benefit of splitting it up if I were to do 1/2 in the tear drop and 1/2 in the mid outer quad?

Would I still get the benefit of splitting it up if I were to do 1/2 in the tear drop and 1/2 in the mid outer quad?
    Seriously, why not try ventral glute. It's the least painful and easy to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Seriously, why not try ventral glute. It's the least painful and easy to reach.

This seems like it may be tuff to do (locate)by yourself.....

Red Bastard is offline Member
    Avoid the teardrop.

I pretty much exclusively use 1" 25g pins for all sites.

How would you recommend splitting if the quads are the only sites?

I am not super confident in this site as I feel like I am just guessing.... the area I suspect to be the site dose not appear to have that much tissue... do I need to worry about bottoming out with a 1.5 in needle?

It's actually quite large. I've never bottomed out, but like I said I exclusively use 1" pins. There's a reason dr. and nurses use this spot. It's an easy spot to find, less nerves than other areas, less painfull, etc. You tube it, google it. It's not nearly as hard as you're making it out to be.

cool... ill check it out... do you think a 1.5 25g would be better or a 1 in 22g? this is all I have now other than slin pins...

I guess it more that the tissue is so dense its hard to find the "land marks"..

Simple terms....The greater trochanter is that big round bone at the top of your leg on the side (about the size of a tennis ball) Find that. Then reach up about 6 inches or so (depends on height) and feel for another bone. It you stick your thumb in your side where your love handles would be and push down you'll find the iliac crest. Now go halfway between the two bones and jab a pin in it. lol

If I only had those 2 pins, I would probably go with the 1.5 25g. Well actually I would just spend 15 bucks and get me some 1" 25g but to each his own. What you have will be fine.

I am going to give it a go... from what I read its pretty to find seated.... my main concern was that I did not want to get another sterile abscess due to missing my mark....

well its in there...... about 1.5 in.... lol....

I guess only time will tell now..... definitely more anterior that poster I was standing when I did it.... I was going to do it seated but was not confident in the location..... warmed the gear in my hands for a few min before I did the inj.... nice and slow.... a little shaky due to nerves....

thanks guys for all the help... I will up date tomorrow..... hopefully this site is a good as everyone says...

thank again

well its in there...... about 1.5 in.... lol....

I guess only time will tell now..... definitely more anterior that poster I was standing when I did it.... I was going to do it seated but was not confident in the location..... warmed the gear in my hands for a few min before I did the inj.... nice and slow.... a little shaky due to nerves....

thanks guys for all the help... I will up date tomorrow..... hopefully this site is a good as everyone says...

thank again
    Damn.... pretty bad PIP..... I don't know that its worse that the quad, but it is deff giving me more of a limp....

FML.... I woke up at 2 and could not get back to sleep....

Damn... I will never hit this site again... pip is worse than the damn quads....

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Then it's probably your gear. I can get zero pip in glutes and delts and crazy pain in quads and biceps of 2-3 days.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Yeah man. Somethings wrong. Are your hands steady when you pin? If you shake real bad, that can cause pip. Otherwise, it's your gear or just you cause we've covered everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Yeah man. Somethings wrong. Are your hands steady when you pin? If you shake real bad, that can cause pip. Otherwise, it's your gear or just you cause we've covered everything else.
    hands are steady..... I have talked to some others that have used the same gear with no problems.... I am going to try 1.5mL in the quads tomorrow to see if its the higher concentration that is causing the pain... If this dose not work I don't know what else to do.....

Good Luck

I misspoke, I meant to say 1/2mL (0.5).... the only other thing I can think of is swapping out the enth for cyp to see if its something with the enth that is causing the excessive pain.....

thanks again guys...

I misspoke, I meant to say 1/2mL (0.5).... the only other thing I can think of is swapping out the enth for cyp to see if its something with the enth that is causing the excessive pain.....

thanks again guys...
    So far so good..... PIP is far more manageable... now I just need to figure out how to get in my full doses as I can only do quads...

Thread Information