Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

fluid under injection site?

Ok thought I had two issues that were similar but after pming 2 vets here and they said were unrelated...I thought about my shoulder. I attached two pics of both shoulders. The tattooed shoulder is the issue. No redness and or warmth. But definitely "swollen". I pinned that shoulder tuesday. The time before that I think I hit scar tissue because as I pushed the plunger in...needle would come out. Shoulder is painful. Not sure if this is fluid or just swalloen from bad technique. All our sites are fine no pain. If it is fluid. ..what are my next steps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20140406_121312.jpg 
Views:	1930 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	149732

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20140406_121302.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	149731

prototypex is offline Junior Member
    Swelling.. It happens if you injured your bone with the syringe or muscle tissues.. Your body responds to fight intruder bacteria that could cause infection. It it will normally go away in few days and it will be warm and sore for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by prototypex View Post
    Swelling.. It happens if you injured your bone with the syringe or muscle tissues.. Your body responds to fight intruder bacteria that could cause infection. It it will normally go away in few days and it will be warm and sore for sure.
    Not warm..or red...def sore though

Sorry for the bump here...but how long should I give the antibiotics to work before going ti see someone

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Depends on the antibiotics but generally speaking two to three days before things improve.

probuild42 is offline Member
    I ran a batch of test E that every time I pinned would leave the site swole and swore for about a week. Sometimes worse then others. Antibiotics didn't help. It was not infected. It was just a bad reaction to the gear or something in it. IBP and massaging it hard (This hurt bad) helped. Also benadryl might help if your reacting to something in the gear.

I switched to Test C and have not had a problem sense.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by probuild42 View Post
    I ran a batch of test E that every time I pinned would leave the site swole and swore for about a week. Sometimes worse then others. Antibiotics didn't help. It was not infected. It was just a bad reaction to the gear or something in it. IBP and massaging it hard (This hurt bad) helped. Also benadryl might help if your reacting to something in the gear.

I switched to Test C and have not had a problem sense.
    It could be dirty gear, or it could be a bad injection like proto suggested, I guess you will narrow it down if them antibiotics do not work.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by prototypex View Post
    No...

Not dirty...have injected other areas with same vial. Everything is fine. I think bad technique. Probably hit scar tissue and didn't get deep enough I believe.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    as long as its not an infection, i wouldn't worry much. try some massage and warm compress. you may want to give this delt a rest and pin elsewhere for a few wks.

you may have pinned near to a nerve or a vein and somehow triggered more inflammation than usual, but i don't think you actually punctured anything. trust me, you'll know immediately, if you did.

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    as long as its not an infection, i wouldn't worry much. try some massage and warm compress. you may want to give this delt a rest and pin elsewhere for a few wks.

you may have pinned near to a nerve or a vein and somehow triggered more inflammation than usual, but i don't think you actually punctured anything. trust me, you'll know immediately, if you did.
    Thanks AD....

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have had this happen to me, it was due to poor technique and needle not in muscle. Mine would go away on it own after about a week

mikey hulk is offline Member
    Been there done that no biggie takes care of its self usually

raeford25 is offline Junior Member
    I got test E. Have been going in quads for first 3 weeks. Massive PIP. swelling. Soreness. Fluid build up. Switched to delts. Had little soreness. Gone after a day. No swelling. Very little fluid build up. No PIP. Needed no antibiotics. Depends on the site for the person if it's not the gear. IMO. try quads or glutes if you haven't already. Just make sure your going in the upper outter quad. Because they are a minefield of nerves and arteries. Can be painful if you aren't careful. And go slow with your gear. Don't just ram the oil in there. Push it slower. Helped me. Another thing tht helped me was learning to still my hand while pushing. Because moving the needle while it's in the muscle will cause massive tearing and soreness. Hope this helps.

Thread Information