• 2 Post By qscgugcsq
  • 2 Post By RangerDanger830
  • 2 Post By MuscleInk
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: When did the pros start?

TheMachine06 is offline New Member

When did the pros start?

I know that no one actually knows for certain when the pros started using aas but I would like to hear your opinion?

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    25 & older

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post
    25 & older
    That's when they should have started. But unfortunately for many pros, they start earlier than that.

I already know everyone is going to say 25 and older because I'm only 18. Please guys, be honest.

pushit_05 is offline Junior Member
    Arnold started when he was like 16 lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheMachine06
    I already know everyone is going to say 25 and older because I'm only 18. Please guys, be honest.
    Ronnie coleman started like 24+
    There is really no age for it. Even at 25+ u can make it if u have the genes. Otherwise forget it u ll never make it

Muscleduke is offline Associate Member
    Between 16-23 from what I've read.

These guys are genetic freaks and can achieve more than what some do with the use of steroids naturally.

Deal Me In is offline Member
    Pro what?

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    To be pro you must use huge dose and have few regards to your health.

Being a pro require sacrifice not only in social life but also to the health.

To be a pro the sooner the better, but once again there is nothing safe in using gear like a pro.

Most of us are recreationnal lifter willing to look/be better.
    This is achievable in a pretty healthy way.

Becoming a huge and shredded, monster of muscle and veins, being comp ready mutiple time a years. Require an unhealthy amount of gear, and unhealthy way to do things.

Most pro started really young. 16-20

For what bodybuilding requires and gives... It just dont worth shit doing it.
    Youll lose just way too much for what youll get.
    And the chance that youll truly live from it are so minimal than you better hope to win the loto.
    Just my .02
    Last edited by qscgugcsq; 08-17-2014 at 04:04 PM.
    MuscleInk and thisAngelBites like this.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think Arnold started when he was 4 with a Tren /Test cycle. It might've been 4 1/2.
    pushit_05 and pumping_iron86 like this.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qscgugcsq View Post
    To be pro you must use huge dose and have few regards to your health.

Being a pro require sacrifice not only in social life but also to the health.

To be a pro the sooner the better, but once again there is nothing safe in using gear like a pro.

Most of us are recreationnal lifter willing to look/be better.
    This is achievable in a pretty healthy way.

Becoming a huge and shredded, monster of muscle and veins, being comp ready mutiple time a years. Require an unhealthy amount of gear, and unhealthy way to do things.

Most pro started really young. 16-20

For what bodybuilding requires and gives... It just dont worth shit doing it.
    Youll lose just way too much for what youll get.
    And the chance that youll truly live from it are so minimal than you better hope to win the loto.
    Just my .02
    Most kids asking the question at the beginning of this thread are asking simply because they are seeking some rational justification for using steroids now instead committing themselves to training and nutrition. They think steroids will transform them over night, like a bite from genetically altered super spider. LMAO.

There are no fast solution, only commitment and dedication - even the pros know this. Moreover, the majority of users will NEVER be pros. How many kids wanted to be the next MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL (or whatever) superstar or hall of famer? It's great to have dreams and ambitions as a kid, but you really have to weigh the risks with cycling young, the level of discipline to training AND nutrition (which are far more important even for the pros than gear) and the unhealthy amount of gear the pros expose themselves to all for the sake of the opportunity for being the best in their sport. A lot of kids think they can be the next Mr. Olympia out there. Most simply do not have the genetics or dedication required to achieve the highest level in the sport. Simply because your favorite body builder may have achieved a highly competitive level by taking steroids at a very young age, by no means does this justify others doing the same. It's much more than the steroids that allowed them to achieve greatness - but too many kids simply equate success with steroids.

It really shouldn't matter what age they started. It doesn't justify starting early for most people, no matter how warped your reasoning.
    bigsjunk and marcus300 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Most kids asking the question at the beginning of this thread are asking simply because they are seeking some rational justification for using steroids now instead committing themselves to training and nutrition. They think steroids will transform them over night, like a bite from genetically altered super spider. LMAO.

There are no fast solution, only commitment and dedication - even the pros know this. Moreover, the majority of users will NEVER be pros. How many kids wanted to be the next MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL (or whatever) superstar or hall of famer? It's great to have dreams and ambitions as a kid, but you really have to weigh the risks with cycling young, the level of discipline to training AND nutrition (which are far more important even for the pros than gear) and the unhealthy amount of gear the pros expose themselves to all for the sake of the opportunity for being the best in their sport. A lot of kids think they can be the next Mr. Olympia out there. Most simply do not have the genetics or dedication required to achieve the highest level in the sport. Simply because your favorite body builder may have achieved a highly competitive level by taking steroids at a very young age, by no means does this justify others doing the same. It's much more than the steroids that allowed them to achieve greatness - but too many kids simply equate success with steroids.

It really shouldn't matter what age they started. It doesn't justify starting early for most people, no matter how warped your reasoning.
    You are right about this, and every time I read a post like this I just want to give up because at the end of the day personal desire ends up trumping sound decision.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    No way in hell id put my life on the line just to be a pro bb. You are going to lose most of the mass when you get older and stop competing. Look at Ronnie now...his arms are 17.5 now and he is in and out of the hospital constantly just tryng to survive it seems like.

Genetics play a huge role ive learned this. Unless some people are being extremely dishonest ...
    pushit_05 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post

You are right about this, and every time I read a post like this I just want to give up because at the end of the day personal desire ends up trumping sound decision.
    So true. Many (not all) young members aren't genuinely looking for help, rather, approval to use steroids they've already decided to use.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Obviously pro BB's started at a variety of ages. Arnold may have started fairly early but keep in mind he started out doing 10ml of Dbol a day so that is another variable and why you see a lot of older BB's in relatively good health.

Sadly I think health problems will be a lot more prevalent in the late 90s to 2000s BB's due to the variety and quantity of drugs taken. Steroids while very harmful are pretty mild compared to the vast array of drugs taken by some recent champs.

Another thing any young person who aspires to be a Top Level Pro needs to keep in mind is that along with genetics you will need to have a family fortune or sugar daddy to house and feed you while you spend years training before you ever have a chance of a pro level contract. With the cost of Growth these days on top of all the other cheaper things like food/rent/other drugs/etc. you will need 100k
    plus per year to live the life of a pro BB.

So for anyone who is really contemplating this and has the genetics, good looks, and monetary means, keep in mind that for a hundred grand a year you can live natural and hook yourself up with a good college/smoking car/condo and lifestyle which is a lot more likely to fulfill your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    So true. Many (not all) young members aren't genuinely looking for help, rather, approval to use steroids they've already decided to use.
    I was that young guy too stubborn to care. I didn't know the consequences then that I do now. I do not mind living with the decisions I make now but when I was starting out I really had no idea what I would want to live with or not, such as TRT.

Blog Entries
    I was that young guy too stubborn to care. I didn't know the consequences then that I do now. I do not mind living with the decisions I make now but when I was starting out I really had no idea what I would want to live with or not, such as TRT.

Are you on TRT?

Many of us are/were. I didn't come to the anabolic community until I was 38 years old but I was still impetuous even at that age. Many of us learn the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    Are you on TRT?
    No but I did cycle young and I am beginning to see the effects of it years later. I have done 8 cycles between 19-26 years old. My off-cycle test numbers are on the lower side of the normal ranges and seem to get lower each time. I think within the next few years I will require TRT if things continue as such.

This was something I could have told myself at 19 that I would be okay with but I really didn't have the knowledge or life experience to make those decisions intelligently at the time. It just so happens now that I wouldn't mind TRT if I did ever have to get on it.

I just think these guys think they know enough to decide what they want at a young age but they really don't. I am not one to hide my mistakes and I try to tell these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Arnold may have started fairly early but keep in mind he started out doing 10ml of Dbol a day so that is another variable and why you see a lot of older BB's in relatively good health.
    So for people under mid-late 20's would you recommend 10mg of Dbol ? What cycle length? I'm really just curious about your thoughts on this. The general consensus is oral only cycles are useless much less 10mg of Dbol.

It is sad that we are on a level where peak physical fitness is so remarkably unhealthy. There is not a dollar amount you could pay me to trade places with Big Ron and honestly its just as bad on the women's side.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pushit_05 View Post
    So for people under mid-late 20's would you recommend 10mg of Dbol ? What cycle length? I'm really just curious about your thoughts on this. The general consensus is oral only cycles are useless much less 10mg of Dbol.

It is sad that we are on a level where peak physical fitness is so remarkably unhealthy. There is not a dollar amount you could pay me to trade places with Big Ron and honestly its just as bad on the women's side.

He never condoned it. He just said that is was Arnold did and there was more too it than just 10mg of dbol i'll tell you that much

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    He never condoned it. He just said that is was Arnold did and there was more too it than just 10mg of dbol i'll tell you that much
    Forget what Arnold did back in the day. Those guys of that era just experimented with aas. They didnt sit around on a forum or read they just ate and trained like hell. They started it all. No disrespect to them I wish todays bodybuilders weren't the mutations they are but still looked like arnold and Zane...
    bigsjunk likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Forget what Arnold did back in the day. Those guys of that era just experimented with aas. They didnt sit around on a forum or read they just ate and trained like hell. They started it all. No disrespect to them I wish todays bodybuilders weren't the mutations they are but still looked like arnold and Zane...

It's so competitive nowadays and it's partially because alot of people who don't have the best genetics are trying to look like people with great genetics that takes steroids so they end up stacking a ridiculous amount for way longer then they should and they end up looking mutated.. Just MO

I can assure you guys I won't start aas atleast until I'm 20. I'm mature enough to know that its not a good idea to use it now. Thanks for the input though, really appreciate it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMachine06 View Post
    I can assure you guys I won't start aas atleast until I'm 20. I'm mature enough to know that its not a good idea to use it now. Thanks for the input though, really appreciate it!
    Ronnie Coleman was big because of dat dere cell tech

I believe I have the genetics to make it, I started working out last year just for fun and not that serious. At about January I started going serious and I managed to go from 130 pounds to 167 pounds. I was at about 12% back then and I'm about 14.5% now. I would post pics but I don't know how to block my face etc. I admit that my diet sucks, I plan on getting everything right before end of this year and I'll be on the natural path till I'm at 20. As soon as I'm 20 I'll post a pic and then you guys can tell me if I have what it takes before I start using aas.

Blog Entries
    I believe I have the genetics to make it, I started working out last year just for fun and not that serious. At about January I started going serious and I managed to go from 130 pounds to 167 pounds. I was at about 12% back then and I'm about 14.5% now. I would post pics but I don't know how to block my face etc. I admit that my diet sucks, I plan on getting everything right before end of this year and I'll be on the natural path till I'm at 20. As soon as I'm 20 I'll post a pic and then you guys can tell me if I have what it takes before I start using aas.

Nobody is gonna recommend you at 20 either just a heads up. And just don't put your face in the pic lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheMachine06
    Lol block it using microsoft paint.. Just rub the brush on it

I wasn't making accusations I was just interested in his thoughts.

130 to 167 is not an accurate indicator of good genetics for body building. When you are going from 167-200 barely trying then I would tell you that you have the genes for you. Or you could come by my office and pay me a few grand and I will tell you what genes you have and do not have.

Thread Information