transformer415 is offline New Member

Noobie 1st cycle

Hey,

I'm a 21 year old male at 5'8" and 140 pounds looking at getting serious about trying my 1st cycle. I know there are already plenty of threads on this subject but I wanted help on my personal body type and goal. By the way I have read the basic information page on this site and do feel I am ready. With that said, my overall goal is to move up from 140<180ish pounds the right and healthiest way. What would you recommend for me? How much am I looking at spending total for everything I'd need? Thanks in advance! & please excuse my lack of knowledge, that's why I'm here!
    Last edited by transformer415; 05-14-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by transformer415 View Post
    Hey,

I'm a 21 year old male at 5'8" and 140 pounds looking at getting serious about trying my 1st cycle. I know there are already plenty of threads on this subject but I wanted help on my personal body type and goal. By the way I have read the basic information page on this site and do feel I am ready. With that said, my overall goal is to move up from 140<180ish pounds the right and healthiest way. What would you recommend for me? How much am I looking at spending total for everything I'd need? Thanks in advance! & please excuse my lack of knowledge, that's why I'm here!
    You are a little on the young side, meaning that your hormonal system is still developing, and taking AAS now could negatively impact that development. You would be more at risk than others a little older down the road with long term health issues, including possible sexual dysfunction.

Second point. at 140 lbs, it seems unlikely you have a sufficient muscular foundation to begin AAS. AAS is usually the last thing to consider, after you have established a sufficient muscular base, and your diet is dialed in that will support gains due to AAS.

how long have you lifted?

what is your BF%

What does your diet look like? Details please!

I'm a little hesitant to help and advise, as I really do not feel you are ready. Answer my questions and then we'll see....

Cheers!
    ---Roman

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    What Roman said. Here is something that you should read as well. The young and Steroids

qwertylifts is offline New Member
    5 '8 140?
    Do u even go to the gym bro?
    Get a solid base first before cycling .

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    You are a little on the young side, meaning that your hormonal system is still developing, and taking AAS now could negatively impact that development. You would be more at risk than others a little older down the road with long term health issues, including possible sexual dysfunction.

Second point. at 140 lbs, it seems unlikely you have a sufficient muscular foundation to begin AAS. AAS is usually the last thing to consider, after you have established a sufficient muscular base, and your diet is dialed in that will support gains due to AAS.

how long have you lifted?

what is your BF%

What does your diet look like? Details please!

I'm a little hesitant to help and advise, as I really do not feel you are ready. Answer my questions and then we'll see....

Cheers!
    ---Roman
    Hey, now that I know people are willing to help no problem I'll give the full blown details! First off what are the chances of my development getting impacted? (By the way I turn 22 in August). I would only do one or two cycles and stop.

I got into a motorcycle accident back in August 2013 so that's why my weight is so low, I've been able again since February and have been trying to exercise and bulk since then (was 115 in February). Overall I've been exercising since 16 years old so I know what I'm doing at the gym and I know how to work my diet. I just lost all of my hard work from the accident..and that's why I want to try AAS to say get me back up there but without all of the years of hard work again.. (I was 175 before the accident). The way I see it is, I want to get "big" in my prime years not a couple of years down the road from now and since I'm basically starting all over again that's not going to happen but with AAS my dream can very much be kept alive. The reason I say I would only do one or two cycles is because I just want to get my weight/muscle back up + some asap and then I would stop and continue naturally from there. I get what you're saying about the foundation but is it not possible to build the foundation while using AAS since I already know what I'm doing and I know how to handle the diet?

AS for my diet, I'm eating 4-5 meals a day with 2 protein shakes and snacks in between. I don't know my BF% at the moment but I can let you know once I go to my doctors appointment in a couple of weeks.

My "friend" suggested I go with this for my first cycle what are your thoughts?,
    "I recommend just a standard beginner cycle of test e at 500mg/week for 12 weeks. 2 injections per week of 250mg test e. One Monday one Thursday.Followed by proper pct of Nolva and Clomid. U will need 3 vials test e 250 and 1 bottle of each nolva and clomid".

I hope I provided enough information and thanks in advance!

Help anyone?

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    train naturally for a year or two more get your body to its natural limits before adding any steroids for assistance. your 3 months back at it and that no where enough time to get you strength back

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by transformer415 View Post
    Hey, now that I know people are willing to help no problem I'll give the full blown details! First off what are the chances of my development getting impacted? (By the way I turn 22 in August). I would only do one or two cycles and stop.

I got into a motorcycle accident back in August 2013 so that's why my weight is so low, I've been able again since February and have been trying to exercise and bulk since then (was 115 in February). Overall I've been exercising since 16 years old so I know what I'm doing at the gym and I know how to work my diet. I just lost all of my hard work from the accident..and that's why I want to try AAS to say get me back up there but without all of the years of hard work again.(You still need to have a natural muscular foundation prior to starting an AAS cycle. There are reasons for this such as toughening up your body and connective tissue. Another is post cycle, there is a tendency to "revert" to where you were pre cycle. Having a good natural foundation as I suggest also means you are eating appropriately, something most newbs do not do or overlook.). (I was 175 before the accident). The way I see it is, I want to get "big" in my prime years not a couple of years down the road from now (I have to scratch my head on this one. I'm not sure what your "prime" years are according to you. Boxers will tell you it is well into the late 20's. Bodybuilders are prime well into their 30's and beyond) and since I'm basically starting all over again that's not going to happen but with AAS my dream can very much be kept alive. (Bodybuilding is a long term endeavor and a lifestyle, not something one can do in a summer or in a year. Sorry mate, I disagree with this thought process)The reason I say I would only do one or two cycles is because I just want to get my weight/muscle back up + some asap and then I would stop and continue naturally from there. I get what you're saying about the foundation but is it not possible to build the foundation while using AAS since I already know what I'm doing and I know how to handle the diet?

AS for my diet, I'm eating 4-5 meals a day with 2 protein shakes and snacks in between. (Please go to the nutrition section and post your meal plan, along with macros per meal and total macros per day. Please include your TDEE so we can see how many calories above TDEE you are. Chances are good you are not eating properly.) I don't know my BF% (please invest $25 and purchase an inexpensive set of body fat calipers. Almost all serious body builders know their body fat%. Not knowing shows your inexperience and lack of commitment.) at the moment but I can let you know once I go to my doctors appointment in a couple of weeks.

My "friend" suggested I go with this for my first cycle what are your thoughts?,
    "I recommend just a standard beginner cycle of test e at 500mg/week for 12 weeks. 2 injections per week of 250mg test e. One Monday one Thursday.Followed by proper pct of Nolva and Clomid. U will need 3 vials test e 250 and 1 bottle of each nolva and clomid". (this seems to be a decent fist cycle for a beginner.)

I hope I provided enough information and thanks in advance!
    See my comments in RED

Thread Information