masterchief7 is offline New Member

Test-e cycle and PCT, please critique

6'0" tall, 34 years, currently 212 lbs and cutting.

Planning to start my second test-e cycle (500 mg/week for 12 weeks) in a month or so. I've done one test-e only cycle a few years back (see my introductory thread for more information). Thankfully I'm not prone to gyno. I didn't run an AI on the first cycle, but plan to this time around.

Here is my cycle and PCT plan. Can the vets comment, and suggest changes if needed. Thanks much!

Pre-cycle (2 weeks prior):
    Aromasin (exemestane): 12.5 mg ED

Cycle (12 weeks):
    first 2 weeks:
    frontload test-e 1000 mg each week (2x 500mg)
    Aromasin (exemestane): 12.5mg ED

next 10 weeks:
    500 mg test-e (shoot 250 mg twice a week)
    500 iu HCG (shoot 250 iu twice a week w/ the test)

Immediately Post-cycle (2 weeks):

PCT ( 4 weeks total, starting after the above 2 weeks) ;
    Aromasin (exemestane): 12.5mg ED
    nolvadex : first week 40 mg ED, next 3 weeks 20 mg ED
    clomid: first week 100 mg ED, next 3 weeks 50 mg ED

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    You don't need a precycle of stain, and the dosage during cycle should be 12.5mg twice a day (begin taking stain day 2 of cycle). Also, stain should not be run during your PCT. Preloading the test e isn't a good idea, stick with the same dosage throughout the cycle.

Thanks for the reply. I remember reading in one of the educational threads that suggested starting the AI a couple of weeks pre-cycle. But I may be wrong. Do you suggest not doing so, because the half life of aromasin is short (so there is no point is starting it early)?

As for the pre-loading, again I remember seeing some graphs that showed that you reach stable test levels in your bloodstream sooner if you preload for a length of time equal to the half life of the drug. Why do you advise against pre-loading?

Also, why is AI in PCT a bad idea? Just curious...

Thanks for the information and the reply again.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    If you like you can begin taking it early, but it's a bit overkill when using a long ester test. After a single dose of exemestane (25 mg), the maximal suppression of circulating estrogens occurs 2 to 3 days after dosing.

To be honest I haven't read that thread, and it is probably correct regarding test entering the bloodstream. However, the Endocrine System doesn't like sharp spikes. As soon as it gets use to 1000mg/week of test it's going to have to cope with receiving half as much.

This is only your second cycle on test, and your first using an AI. I think it would be best in your best interest not to front load the test and dial in the AI dosage.

In bodybuilding less is more.

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    I think you'll do fine on such a cycle, but with a couple of tweaks. I agree that there is no need to start the stane early. I'd start the hCG with start of your cycle. As for front loading, I have not personally done that, but many do. I just think you'll get to the level in due time and no need to rush. I agree with numbere and would suggest that you don't front load. As for your PCT, don't run the stane during PCT. Clomind and Nolva look fine, but be prepare to adjust if your body reacts adversely to the clomid. Best of luck!

Thanks for the tips guys. I will make the tweaks suggested. Hoping to start the cycle after the 4th of July weekend.

Happy lifting everyone!

Thread Information