Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By testluva

Thread: Sustanon question

bhmyers1968 is offline Junior Member

Sustanon question

Hello gym Gods and Goddesses.....I have included a short bio below. Im now into my third week of .5ml of Sus EOD, I have gained about 3Kg (6-7lbs), I'm just starting to look and feel stronger. My question is would I benefit from bumping the dose up to 1ml EOD for the next 2-3 weeks and then tapper back to .5ml EOD to complete the cycle?

A little about myself, I just turned 46 (I'm know I'm an old fart). I have been working out on and off for 20 years and understand proper technique and the mechanics behind building muscle. I workout 3-4 times a week and maintain a health clean diet (most of the time). I'm 5'10, weigh 175 and have 15-16% BF.

This will be my first cycle.

I have sourced the following from a reputable source:

Sustanon 250 25 1ml amps 12 week cycle pinning EOD
    Clostibegyt (Clomiphene Citrate) 50mg 40 tablets for PCT three weeks after last injection.
    Arimidex .25mg EOD to prevent gyno and reduce water retention.
    Nolvadex 20mg tablets

I have a very strict 3 month plan, with a BMR of 1700 I plan to consume 2800 clean calories a day (I dont want to increase BF) with a ratio of 40/20/40

I know I have likely missed something here but I'm anxious to hear back from everyone.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Sustanon is a blend of testosterones...shorts and a long one. Since you have it it is what it is but it will take you 12 weeks to just get to serum levels with the Decanoate. If you are not on TrT that is a bad thing in the long run for PCT recovery. 40% of Sustanon is Deconate. Out of my math that leaves about 75mg per shot short esters...that is about 250 a week. Not a very good cycle.

Doubling the dose gives you 500 a week test short ester...much better results. Doing it for 3 weeks then back down..not a good idea.

BEST answer would be this is not a good compound to cycle with. The math above is logical interpretation of facts.

It is obvious there is some power in the world trying to push decanoate on the TrT world with sustanon and straight Decanoate. Most likely a Phizer or some powerhouse with the patent.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I would just keep the dose steady all the way through. Ramping the dose up and down will probably just cause more sides

swolehead is offline Member
    you just started feeling it wait a week or two and then don't just double it just bump it up a little bit and keep it there till the end. I'm no expert and it's late just my .02 on it

I agree that it's not a good cycling compound but that doesn't mean it can be used effectively you aren't even calculating the release of the long esters your only adding the short ester if he was to do it he's going about it the right way atleast telling him it's a bad compound to use isn't going to help him in his current situation

Unrealone is offline Junior Member
    im not real sure what you are trying to do, but you definitely need to eat more... at 2800cals, you are barely above maintenance and have put on some water weight.. you dont want to work your ass off for 3 months just to lose basically everything, do you? ... eat more and do a few sessions of cardio during the week to keep bf from rising...

also, keep your doses as stable as possible ... if you bump it up, keep it there...fluctuation is bad
    Last edited by Unrealone; 07-09-2014 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks guys, my BMR is 1750 so I'm eating over 1000 calories on top of that, do you really feel I need to bump that up? I was told about 800 calories on top of your BMR was good for defining and bulking. What would you recommend? I find it difficult to eat more than 3000 clean calories a day, I'm force feeding myself at that stage.

bmr is how many calerie you burn at rest you have to factor in your activity level so 800 surplus would only be good if all day you only burned 300 calerie on top of your resting metabolic rate. what's your stats and how active are you all day besides working out like your job if I get that info I'll be able to help you out

A little about myself, I just turned 46. I workout 3-4 times a week and maintain a healthy clean diet (most of the time). I'm 5'10, weigh 175 and have 15-16% BF. twice a week I do core training with a personal trainer and twice a week I hit the weights. I work at a desk job so I burn little calories throughout the day. My TDEE is 2418, so how many cal;ories should I be consuming?

Unrealone is offline Junior Member
    what are your goals/expectations with this cycle? weight/mass gain? lean mass and cut weight? a little better idea of what you are going for will help us give better suggestions

Good point, Im looking to cut more, more definition, and mass gains. I do not want additional body fat as I have really worked hard over the past 10 months to reduce it drastically. Im starting to see results, Im lifting more and look more toned. Im 4 weeks into the cycle and as I understand it this is the stage where you should start noticing a difference. Thanks for any help guys.

testluva is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhmyers1968
    A little about myself, I just turned 46. I workout 3-4 times a week and maintain a healthy clean diet (most of the time). I'm 5'10, weigh 175 and have 15-16% BF. twice a week I do core training with a personal trainer and twice a week I hit the weights. I work at a desk job so I burn little calories throughout the day. My TDEE is 2418, so how many cal;ories should I be consuming?
    I ran your Macros:
    Weight loss:
    Calories: 2464
    Fat: 54g
    Protein: 184g
    Carbs: 308g

Weight gain;
    Calories: 3187
    Fat: 70g
    Protein: 239g
    Carbs: 398g
    bhmyers1968 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by testluva View Post
    I ran your Macros:
    Weight loss:
    Calories: 2464
    Fat: 54g
    Protein: 184g
    Carbs: 308g

Weight gain;
    Okay, i will give it a try for a couple weeks. I bumped my intake up to 3200 calories today and will modify the macros.

Thank you

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A couple of weeks? That is hardly enough time to notice anything if you are lucky. How about a couple of months or more. Not the cycle, keep it at 12 weeks total but the diet stuff should be pretty consistent unless you like to loose all your gains as fast if not faster than you got them.

You got it, Im now on a 3200 calorie intake.

Thread Information