Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bertuzzi

Thread: kinda not really first timer

Last_Chance is offline New Member

kinda not really first timer

What's up people...new here was hoping you can help me out. Real quick when I was in my twenty's I used a handful of cycles, lived in the gym and even was a trainer for a big gym here. Now I'm thirty four, married, and two kids.
    Here's the situation two years ago I hurt my back and have been loosing muscle every since. I started taking energy revitalization vitamins, d-ribose, and adrenal 400 and it's been helping. I recently started lifting again and want to start a cycle (test 350). I really need to get healthier and stronger for work. Anyone have any recommendations?

What should I use?

How long should I train before the cycle?

34yrs old
    198 pounds
    5'11
    Don't know body fat percentage

Thanks people!

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    How long are you talking when you say 'recently started lifting again'.

I go by the rule of, firstly, being at least 25 years old (which you are), and secondly, getting as far as you possibly can naturally first, meaning, no matter how much you eat and how you change up your lifting regimen over the course of several months, you just can't seem to make any more gains. Do you fit this criteria?

No not really...I was big, looked good and felt great in my early twenty's then I eventually quit training tell recently. My recent test labs were 475 which I felt was low.

cadooo19 is offline New Member
    How much did you weigh before at the peak of your build in your 20's?

Maybe 210

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Welcome to the board... glad to hear you're getting back into it.... I myself have a similar story... I'm 31 married and have 1 kid and just got back going in the gym again 4 months ago.... It's tough starting again after so many years

Keep this in mind.... Muscle memory is going to kick in for you and you'll see fairly quick gains from your past.... more so then anyone starting from scratch. Because of this, you'll be excited and motivated to keep pushing forward... and I'm speaking from experience

The big thing you want to be safe with, as your muscle memory kicks in and your strength goes up (faster then others) if you add a higher than normal dose of Test, your strength will start to increase even more rapidly... this may put you at risk of hurting yourself by seriously damaging a tendon. The same risk applies for guys who use gear too early when they're new to working out.... You gotta let the rest of your body strengthen so it can support that rapid muscle growth and big lifting increases.

I personally am really pushing myself to see some natural strength peak and make sure my body is ready for AAS again. For myself it will be a minimum of 6 months but most likely 1 whole year... better to be safe than sorry especially as we get older. Plus we're more patient in our old age

Those are my thoughts, for what it's worth.
    Last edited by Bertuzzi; 01-22-2015 at 12:09 AM.
    cadooo19 and musclestack like this.

cadooo19 is offline New Member
    Totally agree with the post above. The mind thing comes into play though. The fact that you know the quick results from the past makes your mind think you need it. For best result, beleive in your self, build that base again, then tear it back up!!!

Thanks guys...I think I'm catching your drift.

We'll in that case can you recommend something over the counter that will really help other than your usual protein, creatine, etc.?

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Last_Chance View Post

We'll in that case can you recommend something over the counter that will really help other than your usual protein, creatine, etc.?
    Good decision! And I agree with Bertuzzi about the muscle memory. I think you'll be surprised at how much you're going to gain in the first several months of being natty as the muscle memory takes effect. Really, you just named the 2 best supplements you could take OTC. You could add a multivitamin, which I would recommend even for people who don't train. Other than that, just eat, eat, eat, and watch yourself grow!

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Last_Chance View Post

Bcaa and glutamine as well... And you're set.

Happy lifting

Hey thanks alot...you guys have been lots of help.

Thread Information