Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By fit2bOld
  • 2 Post By tectime
  • 2 Post By fit2bOld
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: 37 years old First Cycle Question. Should I or shouldn't I?

Ephraimrhino is offline New Member

37 years old First Cycle Question. Should I or shouldn't I?

Hey everyone so I've been reading as much as I can for the past few weeks and have got myself semi sorted on what type of cycle I may run but have a few questions am hoping some of you veterans can answer.

I am on the fence primarily because of two reasons:

1. I am a little under 2 years training (read that's a good starting point) but I don't feel I've reached anywhere near my natural potential yet.

2. I am on the higher side of BF% somewhere between 20-26% but pretty much all gut. Very lean everywhere else, Male- 5'4" 175lbs currently 37inch waist.

I feel like maybe because I'm on the older side gains and fat loss have been super slow for me. I am thinking with continued training and macro tracking (which I do), the cycle may give me the edge I need to move forward.

My questions revolve around should I continue to wait due to points 1 and 2 I made above?

Is this a good cycle for a newbie?

Weeks Anastrozol (mg/day) EQ (mg/week) Test (mg/week)
    1 0.25 400 500
    2 0.25 400 500
    3 0.25 400 500
    4 0.25 400 500
    5 0.25 400 500
    6 0.25 400 500
    7 0.25 400 500
    8 0.25 400 500
    9 0.25 400 500
    10 0.25 400 500
    PCT (Post Cycle Therapy )
    Week Nolva (mg/day) Clomid (mg/day)
    11 40 100
    12 30 50
    13 20 50

If it is a good cycle should I add some HCG to PCT since I'm on the older side of things to get things started again once done?

What can I expect to see with something like this, results wise?

Apologies if any of my questions seem too basic. I am very much into research and I science but this is totally foreign to me and truth be told I'd never thought I would EVER consider trying a cycle, mainly due to demonizing by the mainstream media. However with research I realize much of that is blow out of proportion. Long Post I know and I thank all of you in advance for your feedback.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Maybe some more time in the gym and definitely get the BF down. I would lose the EQ. Your a anastrozole may be to high, as a first cycle .5 mg 2x week is a better starting point. Wouldn't want you to start off crashing your estrogen. Pre cycle blood work will show where your estrogen is as a natural set point to better gauge that dosage.
    As I said give it some time.
    Ephraimrhino likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    Maybe some more time in the gym and definitely get the BF down. I would lose the EQ. Your a anastrozole may be to high, as a first cycle .5 mg 2x week is a better starting point. Wouldn't want you to start off crashing your estrogen. Pre cycle blood work will show where your estrogen is as a natural set point to better gauge that dosage.
    As I said give it some time.
    Thank you for the reply and info. May I ask why no Equi? When I do give it a go should I do test only? How low should Body fat be before I start?

Also as far as blood work don't wamt to be lectured by my regular doc how would I go about doing do from a lab maybe? Thanks again

tectime is offline Member
    If you are able to get your body fat down to around 15% prior to starting you will see much better results. Should pull pre-cycle bloods to get a baseline and only run a tes only cycle. Get the feel for what that testosterone is going to do for you. 400 mg is fine that's a good dose. you really don't need the EQ waste of money, especially at that low of a dose. You can go to private lab MD.com and order whatever blood test you might need from their menu. Full male hormone panel is the best one for what you're looking for. After aboutsix or eight weeks pull another blood test that will give you an idea of where your anastrozole dose needs to be.
    Ephraimrhino and NACH3 like this.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    First cycle should be Test only. I side effects occur then you will know the cause. Add compounds in a future cycle. Although it is my opinion that you can be very successful with test only cycles your first 3-5 times.
    If your not making gains, diet would be the culprit.
    And I think EQ is only good for bike chains, squeaky doors and to make you hungry.
    NACH3 and Ephraimrhino like this.

Thanks for the advice. I will wait and drop the body fat some more and then try test only cycle.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephraimrhino View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I will wait and drop the body fat some more and then try test only cycle.
    Wise decision, OP! Good to see someone take the advice given!
    Ephraimrhino likes this.

Thread Information