Sbmann is offline New Member

Researching a fighter's cycle

To start off,

5'11"
    187lbs
    10% bf
    I work a physically demanding job
    I train mainly in Muay thai at a semi-pro level and will be trying out bjj pretty soon.
    I've trained in fighting for about a year. My training is the equivalent of a part time job 10-15hrs each week.
    I've weight trained w/cardio for 8 years.
    My diet is pretty spot on.

I've read a bunch of stuff on pro fighter steriod cycles. And I keep reading different things. It seems that most of what I read is based on (good) knowledge, but seems like it's not out of experience.

What kind of cycle should a fighter use?

Who has experience with this?

xpL1H is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbmann View Post
    To start off,

5'11"
    187lbs
    10% bf
    I work a physically demanding job
    I train mainly in Muay thai at a semi-pro level and will be trying out bjj pretty soon.
    I've trained in fighting for about a year. My training is the equivalent of a part time job 10-15hrs each week.
    I've weight trained w/cardio for 8 years.
    My diet is pretty spot on.

I've read a bunch of stuff on pro fighter steriod cycles. And I keep reading different things. It seems that most of what I read is based on (good) knowledge, but seems like it's not out of experience.

What kind of cycle should a fighter use?

Who has experience with this?
    First off anyone who fights you in a ring is also able to ask for a complete lab work up prior to or after a fight. Get caught on a stack and you'll lose every fight on record and you'll also risk ever getting a fight again. Case and point Shawn Shurk (sp). I fought him in college and knew the second I saw him in the ring he was juicing. I don't fight MMA I always just street fought for friends or entertainment. If this is your career, I'd think twice about doing cycles.

I coach MMA fighters. There's juicing from low dose Test, Anavar , low dose Tren , Deca , HGH, it's all there. A lot of thought goes into the cycle to insure that the half life of esters are timed with the fight. Most of the gear is short esters or orals + Test. They normally get off the gear about 3 to 4 weeks before the weigh in. It can be done but it definitely is a risk.

I don't plan on competing any time soon. Thank you for your concern and warning though.

To be honest, I'm looking to do a small cycle that will help me perform better at my job for longer while continuing my training. Now that the summer is coming, my work days will be 10-15hrs long, averaging closer to 15. I don't want to sacrifice my abilities at my job or my training commitments.

My roommate is always on juice and told me that if the test amounts are too low they will become pointless. But he never explained at what point it would be too low.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    From the sounds of it you should start out like most every one. Read this. The only suggestion I would add is maybe using Test P instead of C or E since it's a short ester and if something comes up it will clear your system quicker but you will need to pin every other day instead of 1 or 2x a week.

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

I did read this when I first started my research, but thank you for your help.

Thread Information