Drossi33 is offline New Member

Irritation around Glute

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	5980 
Size:	241.9 KB 
ID:	156594This is my third cycle. I am 5'10 250 lbs. About a week ago my wife pinned me in the upper right quadrant of my right Glute with a 22g 1 1/2" pin with 1cc test cyp 250 and 1 cc primo 100. Normal sterile procedures were used. Ie: alcohol swabs, two needles were used, one to draw and one to inject and she washed and sanitized her hands. I've developed a red area around injection. It is slightly swollen and it's slightly firm. When I press down around area you can see indentation for about a second. It is uncomfortable for me to sit on it and to bend certain ways but pain isn't unbearable. I'm worried about infection because I've never had one. I have no fever. I at first thought normal irritation but it's been a week which is longer than normal. The site and needle were correct so there should be no way it didn't get in muscle. Is this an abscess or cellulitis forming? Any opinions are appreciated. I don't want to wait too long and need surgery or anything. I've heard too many horror stories but if I can avoid going to doc, I will.
    Last edited by Drossi33; 04-24-2015 at 12:46 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drossi33 View Post

Views:	5980 
Size:	241.9 KB 
ID:	156594This is my third cycle. I am 5'10 250 lbs. About a week ago my wife pinned me in the upper right quadrant of my right Glute with a 22g 1 1/2" pin with 1cc test cyp 250 and 1 cc primo 100. Normal sterile procedures were used. Ie: alcohol swabs, two needles were used, one to draw and one to inject and she washed and sanitized her hands. I've developed a red area around injection. It is slightly swollen and it's slightly firm. When I press down around area you can see indentation for about a second. It is uncomfortable for me to sit on it and to bend certain ways but pain isn't unbearable. I'm worried about infection because I've never had one. I have no fever. I at first thought normal irritation but it's been a week which is longer than normal. The site and needle were correct so there should be no way it didn't get in muscle. Is this an abscess or cellulitis forming? Any opinions are appreciated. I don't want to wait too long and need surgery or anything. I've heard too many horror stories but if I can avoid going to doc, I will.
    Keep a close eye on it and take your temp every 2-4 hrs... If the spot becomes worse(w/pitting edema) then keep a close eye... If it gets hot to the touch than go to the doc - it may need to be lanced(I had one lanced b4 - but it was a staff infection) nasty!!!

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    It doesn't look bad right now IMO. High BA content stuff (UGL) seems to do the same to me. Only mine turns after a few days then goes away. The first time I was so paranoid I stuck myself with an 18 gauge needle to see if I could aspirate anything out of it. Basically just causing myself a lot of pain. So if it persists you can feel free to repeat the same process just to find out.

Thanks guys,
    Ill be definitely keeping a close eye on it. How hot to the touch would it need to get before I need to go to doc? Also would it get much more red?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys,
    Ill be definitely keeping a close eye on it. How hot to the touch would it need to get before I need to go to doc? Also would it get much more red?
    That's why you need to monitor your temp... As that will tell you if its infected... Plus the redness can get worse around the area(pinned) if infected it will be hot to the touch and very sore... It should be fine but these things can turn ugly real quick...

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    That's why you need to monitor your temp... As that will tell you if its infected... Plus the redness can get worse around the area(pinned) if infected it will be hot to the touch and very sore... It should be fine but these things can turn ugly real quick...
    Ok I will. It seems as I already have pitting edema because when I press down I notice a white indentation for about a second. It just doesnt seem that swollen, red, or hot to touch. Any idea how I got this with normal sterile techniques? If its been a week since injection it rules out any other problems like high BA or normal pain right?

bignath4607 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drossi33
    Ok I will. It seems as I already have pitting edema because when I press down I notice a white indentation for about a second. It just doesnt seem that swollen, red, or hot to touch. Any idea how I got this with normal sterile techniques? If its been a week since injection it rules out any other problems like high BA or normal pain right?
    Sometimesit just happens i had the odd sore spot but just got on with it and hoped for the best as getting into docs where i live is a nightmare i put it down to high alcohol content also

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    As already said keep a eye on it.

If it get's worse hot/warm to the touch go to the doc it does not look like a infection but hey it could be the start. You could have also just nicked a nerve that would make you get a lump as well i've done it but never had the red area.

Is this your first pin ? If so it could be high BA i have had this and i had to throw it away i even tried .5ml but it was still very very sore i got a big lump after i pinned no matter the site but if this is not your first pin and it never happened before then never mind this info lol.

Edit. Also if it is your first pin you could have had a reaction to the carrier oil.
    Last edited by clarky.; 04-24-2015 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    As already said keep a eye on it.

If it get's worse hot/warm to the touch go to the doc it does not look like a infection but hey it could be the start. You could have also just nicked a nerve that would make you get a lump as well i've done it but never had the red area.

Is this your first pin ? If so it could be high BA i have had this and i had to throw it away i even tried .5ml but it was still very very sore i got a big lump after i pinned no matter the site but if this is not your first pin and it never happened before then never mind this info lol.

Edit. Also if it is your first pin you could have had a reaction to the carrier oil.
    I'm keeping a constant eye on it. It is not my first pin. Its my 3rd week of cycle. I have not even felt close to this on other shots. Site around injection is now warm but not hot and feels a bit lumpy. Still no fever. Did not feel any abnormal pain when needle went in to indicate a nicked nerve or anything. Should I use warm pad and try to break it up or just go to doc?

I'm keeping a constant eye on it. It is not my first pin. Its my 3rd week of cycle. I have not even felt close to this on other shots. Site around injection is now warm but not hot and feels a bit lumpy. Still no fever. Did not feel any abnormal pain when needle went in to indicate a nicked nerve or anything. Should I use warm pad and try to break it up or just go to doc?
    You don't always get a fever that will depend how far the infection has gone so you can't use that as a gauge. I would go to the doc and have it checked but it's your call.

The only thing I can think of is bottle of primo had a slight crystallization at bottom of vial. I placed it in hot water until it redilluted. I double checked syringe and I didn't see anything floating bit of somehow a piece of that crystal got in muscle, would this be expected?

The only thing I can think of is bottle of primo had a slight crystallization at bottom of vial. I placed it in hot water until it redilluted. I double checked syringe and I didn't see anything floating bit of somehow a piece of that crystal got in muscle, would this be expected?
    Hmm i think primo has to be stored between 20-25℃ did you store it somewhere els from the last time ?

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Hmm i think primo has to be stored between 20-25℃ did you store it somewhere els from the last time ?
    I store it in my closet enclosed and away from sunlight. My house temp is always between 70-72 degrees F, so it's within that range of 20-25 degrees C. I always thought the crystallization was an issue of the solute exceeding the solvent, which causes the solution to appear that way. I still reheated it so I didn't inject the crystals in my glute. I'm wondering if a tiny one got past me though and if so, would it cause this? I set my doc appt for tomorrow. Hopefully everything turns out okay. I've never had this happen before so I'm a bit freaked out. I've heard and seen horror story infections but they were of guys who reused pins or didn't swab or sanitize hands. Training has been completely affected this whole week.

Views:	1625 
Size:	307.3 KB 
ID:	156610

Views:	1202 
Size:	300.2 KB 
ID:	156611

Update on glute irritation/possible infection. Did a spot temp on my right glute and it is 4 degrees warmer than left. It's not deep red or super inflamed but it is lumpy and pitting. Pain level is the same, not unbearable but uncomfortable.

I would go to a doctor if I were you.
    It's been a week and your arse cheek is hotter than the other one and it is pitting and lumpy.
    Doesn't sound good to me.
    At the least, draw a circle around it now with black marker so you can see if it is spreading.
    It appears more aggravated in the second picture than the first.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I would go to a doctor if I were you.
    It's been a week and your arse cheek is hotter than the other one and it is pitting and lumpy.
    Doesn't sound good to me.
    At the least, draw a circle around it now with black marker so you can see if it is spreading.
    It appears more aggravated in the second picture than the first.
    I'll draw the circle tonight and have appointment set for tomorrow. I was really hoping to avoid doc but it seems like it's getting worse. Thanks for advice.

Jjmills1728 is offline New Member

What was the result

I'll draw the circle tonight and have appointment set for tomorrow. I was really hoping to avoid doc but it seems like it's getting worse. Thanks for advice.
    I am feeling the same thing and I am wondering what the Dr said.

Thread Information