jitzer is offline New Member

Calves burning on Treadmill AAS related???

I'm currently running Cyp 500mg/wk and I'm 35 yrs old. A little background info, I ran a few cycles in my late teens and early 20's. A cycle of D-bol at 22 and a cycle of Omadren at 17 yrs old before football season and d-bol at 18 during track season in the spring. I know, young, dumb, and full of ***. So here's my problem now. And I could almost be sure I read a thread on this site related to my situation but I can't find it.

When I'm done with my workout (lifting weights), I hit the treadmill for some cardio, except on legs day, I don't do any cardio. After about 3 minutes on the treadmill just walking at 3.5 mph my calves are burning so bad I want to stop. I do stretch my muscles before my workout and again before I hop on the treadmill. I've never had this problem before, when I was running natty and even using d-bol during track running the 1600 I've never had this problem. I feel like I could run for a solid hour at 5.0mph because I'm not out of breath or tired, I just feel like my calves are full of boiling lactic acid. Could this be related to my Cyp use? Is the extra test in my body treating my cardio as a calf workout instead of a cardio/fat burning exercise? These probably sound like stupid questions to the many knowledgeable members on this site but if anyone could give me some help I'd be greatly appreciative. I've just never experienced anything remotely like this until I started running the Cyp and I'm looking for an answer or a way to alleviate the problem while still being able to do cardio. Thanks in advance. Jitzer.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Most guys on here call them pumps and it is perfectly normal to get the symptoms you are experiencing on most cycles. From my experience, 19-nor compounds are the worst for me with Tren leading the pack.

An alternative cardio workout that I do on cycle to avoid pumps is the elliptical. Regardless of the cycle I'm on I will see no pumps from the elliptical.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Normal.

Streching helps, it strechs the fascia making a little more room. Do a search on calves deep strech on youtube or google.

jitzer is offline New Member
    ok. Thanks fellas. I'm glad to hear it's a normal reaction because the cardio is important to me for the fat burning as well as overall heart health. I'll use the elliptical from now on.

Ratterman is offline New Member
    Extremely common in the lower back and calves while on AAS. I've had the same issue with cardio. It sounds like the "pump" aka compartment syndrome. The issue is water retention, blood filling the vascular space in greater excess, and of course muscular growth. This is pushing against your fascia causing pain. Stretching does work well, as does balancing your AI. Look up fascial planing too. It can help stretch the fascia and ease that pain.

Thread Information