Thread: t3 half life?

tice1212 is offline Productive Member

t3 half life?

Some people say 24hr and others say 10hrs. Whats the real half life on liquid t3? Thanks boys

Jesusbrah is offline Associate Member
    According to Wikipedia its 2.5 days

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    I asked myself this same question a few weeks ago. I found that exact serum T3 kinetics in men are difficult to define due to the interference of iodoproteins generated during the metabolism of T3. This is why various sources state different half lives. The most recent publication I found, where the study included healthy humans, estimated half life of T3 to be 0.75 days (18 hours).

For our purposes I don't think the rate at which T3 metabolizes is that important. What is important is that one will begin seeing weight loss results in about 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    I asked myself this same question a few weeks ago. I found that exact serum T3 kinetics in men are difficult to define due to the interference of iodoproteins generated during the metabolism of T3. This is why various sources state different half lives. The most recent publication I found, where the study included healthy humans, estimated half life of T3 to be 0.75 days (18 hours).

For our purposes I don't think the rate at which T3 metabolizes is that important. What is important is that one will begin seeing weight loss results in about 2 weeks.
    So would u think its safe to say that its best to splitting up the dosage so the thyroid doesn't shut down. Because the half life can be different between other sources.

The HPT axis works differently than the HPG axis. The HPT axis needs to be stimulated by nolva/clomid for proper function post cycle. However, the HPG axis will begin producing hormones without exogenous stimulation. In other words, you don't need to be afraid of shutting your thyroid down. There have been studies on patients who had thyroid hormone inappropriately prescribed for long periods who regained thyroid function after withdraw of exogenous thyroid hormone.

You should split it up over the course of the day (2 or 3 doses). Also helps with absorption when taken on an empty stomach (am, 1 hour before meal, one hour after meal).

The HPT axis works differently than the HPG axis. The HPT axis needs to be stimulated by nolva/clomid for proper function post cycle. However, the HPG axis will begin producing hormones without exogenous stimulation. In other words, you don't need to be afraid of shutting your thyroid down. There have been studies on patients who had thyroid hormone inappropriately prescribed for long periods who regained thyroid function after withdraw of exogenous thyroid hormone.

You should split it up over the course of the day (2 or 3 doses). Also helps with absorption when taken on an empty stomach (am, 1 hour before meal, one hour after meal).
    Awesome info bro. Thank you. I have been on t3 for 15wks now (one dose upon waking).

Did a 12wk show prep (300mg testp,mast,tren /50mg winny/50mcg EW) then now trying to rebound from my keto diet that messed me up with (100mcg t3/750mg testE EW)

That's rough the keto diet didn't work out. I respond well to Marcus's version of the keto that he calls priming. If you're cutting 750 mg of test e seems a bit much. When is your show?

That's rough the keto diet didn't work out. I respond well to Marcus's version of the keto that he calls priming. If you're cutting 750 mg of test e seems a bit much. When is your show?
    Yeah Marcus priming diet is ideal. My show was April 11 I took 3rd in open class. I was trying to keep/gain some muscle after my show. I went pretty hard when I did my so called "keto" diet. I did 25gmC/300gmPR/25gmF for 4 week up it the show. It was horrible. But since I was primed I figured I'd blast 750mg test and bump my t3 up to 100mg to keep some of the rebound weight off after the show. From going from 1800 calories back to 2800 then 3200 with in 5 weeks span.

It all makes sense now. Congrats on 3rd place. 25g of carbs for 4 weeks sounds like hell. That's like 2 pieces of toast.

It all makes sense now. Congrats on 3rd place. 25g of carbs for 4 weeks sounds like hell. That's like 2 pieces of toast.
    Yeah man it was HELL! shit I wish I could have eaten two pieces of bread. My protein shake had 4gram of carbs and I had two of them a day and the broccoli had 15gram in it and that's pretty much it.

How much t3 can someone take without taking aas before the t3 starts to eat muscle? 25mcg? 50mcg? I have been told that over 50mcg the body with eat muscle and fat. But under 50mcg u don't have to worry about the body eating muscle. Ur thoughts on that sir?

A healthy person produces roughly 28-36 μg/day of T3. One can expect to see muscle catabolism when taking about 50-60+ μg/day of T3 while in a caloric deficit.

Thread Information