nate10 is offline Associate Member

Shoulder surgery while on pct?

So i cut my test deca cycle short due to shoulder injury.
    Tomorow sept 17 marks 2 weeks after last test e shot 500mg week.and 4 weeks since last deca shot 400mg week. So tomorow i start pct clomid , nolva.
    My shoulder surgery , scoping and tightning the muscles around my joint thats loose making my shoulder unstabble.
    Getting it done next week sept 22. Wondering if being on pct while having a surgery is fine, is there any problems with meds or anesthesia mexing with pct? Cause any bad effects? Thanks!

Nothing?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    I don't think that anyone here can give you a definitive answer.

There's a reason that anesthesiologists do a four year residency after medical school. Anesthetizing people is no easy task.

Sounds like you're having minimally invasive surgery so you should be fine because there won't be much bleeding.

Personally I would be worried about having a deep vain thrombosis and would reschedule the surgery or speak to a anesthesiologist.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Make sure you eat - It may be as good as a time as ever... But I would definitely look into the meds and anesthesia first

Quote Originally Posted by numbere
    I don't think that anyone here can give you a definitive answer. There's a reason that anesthesiologists do a four year residency after medical school. Anesthetizing people is no easy task. Sounds like you're having minimally invasive surgery so you should be fine because there won't be much bleeding. Personally I would be worried about having a deep vain thrombosis and would reschedule the surgery or speak to a anesthesiologist.
    yea ifs minimal invasive , just scoping with those sticks lol 3 little holes.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Make sure you eat - It may be as good as a time as ever... But I would definitely look into the meds and anesthesia first
    what u mean by eat? Like before sugery and after? And keep doing it? Like a little bulk? because only thing ive been doing is eating on maintance and doing legs and calves 2x week and cardio 3x week

I don't think that anyone here can give you a definitive answer. There's a reason that anesthesiologists do a four year residency after medical school. Anesthetizing people is no easy task. Sounds like you're having minimally invasive surgery so you should be fine because there won't be much bleeding. Personally I would be worried about having a deep vain thrombosis and would reschedule the surgery or speak to a anesthesiologist.
    just tryna see if maybe anybody here has gone through something familiar

KA24 is offline Junior Member
    No medical advice here, but I was running Cyp for 10 weeks and Prop the final 4 weeks (ran 3 weeks after my last Cyp pin). So, a 12-week cycle and I stopped the Prop a week before surgery where I was under for 3 hours. I told the doc that I've taken Testosterone before but was currently not cycling (which was technically true since it was almost entirely out of my system). No issues or mentions at all with bleeding, they said it shouldn't be a big deal.

Face it, the odds of having issues even if in the middle of a heavy cycle are slim. I've read plenty of stories where people have gone under while on cycle with no bleeding problems. The key is to just make them aware in some capacity (you don't need to tell them every single detail) so they have an idea of the cause should there be a complication.

Quote Originally Posted by KA24
    No medical advice here, but I was running Cyp for 10 weeks and Prop the final 4 weeks (ran 3 weeks after my last Cyp pin). So, a 12-week cycle and I stopped the Prop a week before surgery where I was under for 3 hours. I told the doc that I've taken Testosterone before but was currently not cycling (which was technically true since it was almost entirely out of my system). No issues or mentions at all with bleeding, they said it shouldn't be a big deal. Face it, the odds of having issues even if in the middle of a heavy cycle are slim. I've read plenty of stories where people have gone under while on cycle with no bleeding problems. The key is to just make them aware in some capacity (you don't need to tell them every single detail) so they have an idea of the cause should there be a complication.
    thanks a lot man this makes me a little less worried!

KA24 is offline Junior Member
    I was worried too. Essentially the time I would've started PCT I had the anesthesia done. Just in case of an emergency, the doc knew what could be a complication. They are far more concerned about other prescription meds (blood thinners) and other over the counter stuff that bring a much higher risk. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by KA24
    I was worried too. Essentially the time I would've started PCT I had the anesthesia done. Just in case of an emergency, the doc knew what could be a complication. They are far more concerned about other prescription meds (blood thinners) and other over the counter stuff that bring a much higher risk. Good luck!
    thanks bro!

I should have been more detailed in my first response.

You will be fine if you haven't started PCT by the time you have surgery.

I'm not sure sure about having surgery while on nolva and comid.

I believe that they both increases the risk of having a blood clot.

I should have been more detailed in my first response. You will be fine if you haven't started PCT by the time you have surgery. I'm not sure sure about having surgery while on nolva and comid. I believe that they both increases the risk of having a blood clot.
    damn i took 100 clomid and 40 nolva last night. U think i should not take anymore until tuesday sept 22? (Surgery)?

To be honest I don't know enough about drug interactions to give you a absolute answer.

If I were in your shoes then I would wait until after surgery to take your meds.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night with something like that on my mind.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here is another approach one that I would definitely consider/take depending on the time frame of the initial cycle.

How about starting a low dose test only regimen both during and after the surgery? Continue for say for a few weeks (maybe 3-4) after your surgery.

I would be as worried about doing the surgery and initial tissue repair while undergoing hormone imbalance (you really want your body as happy as possible during and after any surgery) as I would be worried about the possible affects of the PCT drugs to the anesthesia etc.

Just my 2 cents, naturally the amount of time you cut short the cycle will play into the feasibility of this, IE if you were only on 3 week and ran test another month that would still only be equivalent to an 8 week cycle. If on the other hand you were doing a 12 week test/deca cycle and cut it short by 5 days then obviously you would be dealing with a lot longer time on.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 09-19-2015 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive
    Here is another approach one that I would definitely consider/take depending on the time frame of the initial cycle. How about starting a low dose test only regimen both during and after the surgery? Continue for say for a few weeks (maybe 3-4) after your surgery. I would be as worried about doing the surgery and initial tissue repair while undergoing hormone imbalance (you really want your body as happy as possible during and after any surgery) as I would be worried about the possible affects of the PCT drugs to the anesthesia etc. Just my 2 cents, naturally the amount of time you cut short the cycle will play into the feasibility of this, IE if you were only on 3 week and ran test another month that would still only be equivalent to an 8 week cycle. If on the other hand you were doing a 12 week test/deca cycle and cut it short by 5 days then obviously you would be dealing with a lot longer time on.
    thing is doesnt test make ur joints like 50% weaker or more , then while not on? So my shoulder recovery would probebly by harder because of the test? This is s shity situation lol

To be honest I don't know enough about drug interactions to give you a absolute answer. If I were in your shoes then I would wait until after surgery to take your meds. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night with something like that on my mind.
    trust me im not sleeping at night lol, specialy now that i took pct last night. How long is clomid, nolvas life in ur system? Because then i can just not take anymore and just wait until after surgery , im just worried now that taking it once then stopping it might fk with my hormones more lol

Thread Information