Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: Controversial/Broad Question- Possible to burn fat and gain muscle at the same time?

Dj Screw is offline Associate Member

Controversial/Broad Question- Possible to burn fat and gain muscle at the same time?

I know this is a very broad and circumstantial question and it seems like everyone has a different opinion when you do a random search for this question, but I want to hear what you guys think.

Is it possible to burn fat and gain muscle at the same time?

If so how? Only with heavy compounds like Tren ? Only if you are a noob or obese? Let me know what you guys think, I am curious what you all have to say about it

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    It's all going to be based on the nutrition being spot on and yes it can be done but it's not easy
    Dj Screw and almostgone like this.

Dj Screw is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    It's all going to be based on the nutrition being spot on and yes it can be done but it's not easy
    How would you go about dieting for it? Just a hair over maitenance calories or lean bulk style diet?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Screw
    How would you go about dieting for it? Just a hair over maitenance calories or lean bulk style diet?
    you need to figure what it rakes to make your body run right to maintain first. The only way to do that is to start a meal plan and measure/weigh everything you eat and keep it consistent every day. Then you can make the adjustments to meet your goals. Take a look at the thread in the nutrition forum what are you eating right now. It will give you a snap shot of what a lot of each every day and how strict we are
    Last edited by Bio-Active; 01-12-2016 at 09:56 PM.
    almostgone likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Impossible for most.

Genetics, nutrition and a lot of experience are required.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Ive been steadily burning fat and growing muscle at the same time for 5 months now, im still seeing fat loss every couple if weeks without dropping weight

Just sort of lucky though, i dont weigh foods or calorie count, just eat pretty big and clean and train my arse off

I dont do any cardio either, but i have an active physical job.

I think for those who are already very lean would be hard to do, but those with high bodyfat percent is pretty easy

In 5 months Ive went from
    188lbs 25%-30% bodyfat
    to 203-204lbs 14% bodyfat

I dont have any carbs in the morning only protein sources such as a shake, egg whites and fish, i introduce carbs around mid day and have carbs in the evening as well, seems to work pretty well for me, its almost like i burn fat in the mornings.
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 01-13-2016 at 02:17 AM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It's certainly possible. It just depends on how anabolic you are and how much potential for improvement you have left.

SOL!D5NAK3 is offline Associate Member
    I can say it is possible cuz i ((think)) i gained in my contest with really strict diet and calorie deficit state . I'm saying this cuz i was 80kg(13-14%bf) before starting my cycle for contest and after contest i start eating normal and i end up at 84kg same bf as before cycle .

fxrjuiceman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bonaparte View Post
    it's certainly possible. It just depends on how anabolic you are and how much potential for improvement you have left.
    agree

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Screw View Post
    I know this is a very broad and circumstantial question and it seems like everyone has a different opinion when you do a random search for this question, but I want to hear what you guys think.

Is it possible to burn fat and gain muscle at the same time?

If so how? Only with heavy compounds like Tren? Only if you are a noob or obese? Let me know what you guys think, I am curious what you all have to say about it
    Of course you can, especially if you are taking steroids !

Proximal is offline Banned
    I thought that this was "a given", that is testosterone + well planned training + well planned diet = more muscle & less fat. I've only been on TRT now for 3 1/2 months, but have gained muscle and lost fat steadily (based on scale and hydrostatic testing).

Start at 182 and 16% bf
    Currently at 187 and 12% bf
    Last edited by Proximal; 01-14-2016 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Added information

Thread Information