Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: What is the "stasis/taper"?

FinaKat is offline Junior Member

What is the "stasis/taper"?

Has anybody ever heard of the "stasis/taper" method of coming off of rather long cycles? That's the term used to describe it that I've seen used on other message boards on the internet that are dedicated to steroids . Haven't yet seen it on this site.

I'm assuming it's like...you gently taper down from a higher dose of test over a long period of time until your levels are so low that perhaps homeostasis kicks in again?? So I guess theoretically you are recovering without totally crashing?

Does this even make sense? I know once you get down to 300 ng/dl the hypothalamus sends a message to restart your natty test production but..I don't know someone explain this to me

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaKat View Post
    Has anybody ever heard of the "stasis/taper" method of coming off of rather long cycles? That's the term used to describe it that I've seen used on other message boards on the internet that are dedicated to steroids . Haven't yet seen it on this site.

I'm assuming it's like...you gently taper down from a higher dose of test over a long period of time until your levels are so low that perhaps homeostasis kicks in again?? So I guess theoretically you are recovering without totally crashing?

Does this even make sense? I know once you get down to 300 ng/dl the hypothalamus sends a message to restart your natty test production but..I don't know someone explain this to me
    Im far from the expert on this, so likely one of the vets will chime in later.

There is no need to "taper" off of a cycle, because all you're really doing is prolonging the cycle. You're still injecting exogenous hormones, which will keep you shut down.
    Recovery has many factors, but for the sake of simplicity, lets assumed you've cycled properly. At the end of the cycle you stop injecting, at that point the natual half-life of the hormones comes into play.
    Your body wont begin to produce its own testosterone again until it stops sensing exogenous testosterone. Generally speaking, its safe to assume the hormone gone after 5 time constants. Theoretically its never gone, its just becomes infinitesimally small, never reaching zero.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	firstorderdecay.PNG 
Views:	979 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	161568

In the case of Test Enanthate , we'll assume exactly 7 days as the half-life for this calculation. By knowing the that Time-constant is 7 days, its simple to multiply by 5, to find the point we can assume its zero. In this case 5 weeks.

Summary, the sooner you stop injecting, the sooner the exponential decrease can begin. Restarting your testosterone is another matter, and that comes down to using a full and proper PCT. Simply stopping your cycle wont do this, although you may recover 'some' testosterone eventually, the best course of action is to ALWAYS use PCT. Clomid is the main component used for restarting your testosterone, I dont know the exact process that it does this, but it plays a vital part in restarting your endogenous testosterone.

TLDR: No, you dont need to taper off.

The graph will apply to anything with a halflife. My first encounter with it was studying electronics at college and university. Capacitor charging and discharging follows the same pattern, as do radioactive materials.
    Last edited by krugerr; 01-27-2016 at 06:54 AM. Reason: forgot to mention PCT and example

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Its the 70's and 80's method. They did not have the drugs we have now for PCT, so it was the only way.

The message from the hypothalamos you refer is the GnRH (gonadotropin-releasing hormone), like almost everything regarding the hypothalamos and the pituitary it is released in a pulsatile form, and it will make the pituitary release LH.

The problem is not that simple as you put it, the introduction of exogenous testosterone ( or similar steroids ) will mess up the receptors, and a long time can pass for the natural pulsatile release of GnRH ro be reinstated.
    This is were the modern drugs help us. SErms will trick the hypothalamus into thinking there is no estrogens, speeding up the GnRH release, which will influence all the rest of the hormones of the HPTA.

One of the most effective way of chemical castration it is the introduction of exogenous GnRH.
    Buserelin acetate it is a GnRH agonist, introducing it in our body in a constant flux, like it does with an acetate ester it will completely shutdown the pituitary. Take note of the pulsatile vs constant flow...
    krugerr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    Restarting your testosterone is another matter, and that comes down to using a full and proper PCT. Simply stopping your cycle wont do this, although you may recover 'some' testosterone eventually, the best course of action is to ALWAYS use PCT. Clomid is the main component used for restarting your testosterone, I dont know the exact process that it does this, but it plays a vital part in restarting your endogenous testosterone.
    I agree with you 100% PCT is superior to anything. I'm currently running Test Enth and will be using a PCT of nolva, clomid, & HCG . I was just very curious and figured I'd reach out and ask. I remember now where I saw this, it was on ************** and the users that were discussing it if I remember from their posts/profiles were for sure old-timers. I agree putting any foreign testosterone in your body is only prolonging recovery. I still don't know why they called it the "stasis" taper, as if tapering down was more likely to initiate homeostasis versus going @ 500mg/week until last pin and then cold turkey recovery, which is essentially what they were still doing after tapering.

Why the hell did they bother tapering? Was it to minimize the effects of hormone shock that is typical after a long cycle of test?

Do you guys think many of them ended up on HRT/TRT as a result of repeatedly doing this versus PCT protocol?

Quote Originally Posted by FinaKat View Post
    I'm currently running Test Enth and will be using a PCT of nolva, clomid, & HCG .

I agree putting any foreign testosterone in your body is only prolonging recovery. I still don't know why they called it the "stasis" taper, as if tapering down was more likely to initiate homeostasis versus going @ 500mg/week until last pin and then cold turkey recovery, which is essentially what they were still doing after tapering.

Why the hell did they bother tapering? Was it to minimize the effects of hormone shock that is typical after a long cycle of test?

Do you guys think many of them ended up on HRT/TRT as a result of repeatedly doing this versus PCT protocol?
    Firstly, HCG should be used on cycle, not as a PCT. This helps with recovery too.

I cant really answer why they tapered. You dont really get hormone shock, as you see from the graph. The hormones taper off anyway over a 5 week period. So there wouldnt be any "sudden" dropoff. If you didnt PCT during that 5 weeks though, you'd obviously feel like crap as it ran down lower.

Start: 500mg
    After 1 weeks: 250mg
    After 2 weeks: 125mg
    After 3 weeks: 62.5mg
    After 4 weeks: 31.25mg
    After 5 weeks: 15.625mg

After the second week you'd have less in your system than you'd naturally be producing. This is typically why PCT starts around the 2 week period.

Okay true. You're telling me HCG is a no-go for PCT?? I know many folks who use it after last pin and then during their PCT. I've heard this before though, people arguing HCG is only useful on cycle. I get it for sure that it's better to use on-cycle. My cycle isn't over yet so I suppose I could begin using it before I come off.

What would essentially happen if I used HCG only during recovery in your honest opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by FinaKat
    Okay true. You're telling me HCG is a no-go for PCT?? I know many folks who use it after last pin and then during their PCT. I've heard this before though, people arguing HCG is only useful on cycle. I get it for sure that it's better to use on-cycle. My cycle isn't over yet so I suppose I could begin using it before I come off. What would essentially happen if I used HCG only during recovery in your honest opinion?
    It's sold as ring the thing that will restart your HOTA. You'll probably have been told some mega dose is required. I read somewhere that 1000iu a week is the maximum effective dose on cycle.

I was advised to use 10,000iu as PCT. it screwed me up. here I am 3 years later finally getting TRT.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Thread Information