Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    BecomingThor2014 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5

    Tamoxifen Citrate Dosing question

    So Im on 20 mg daily for low t from the doctor (234 - 897 t levels) my question is, would more be better? i.e 40 mg daily? 2 tabs, would it increase more? Im not quite ready to jump on gear just yet so Im wondering if I can up my test more this way.

  2. #2
    TheTaxMan's Avatar
    TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    3,395
    Your doctor is prescribing you Tamoxifine to increase your testosterone levels ?

    Wtf?!

  3. #3
    BecomingThor2014 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    Your doctor is prescribing you Tamoxifine to increase your testosterone levels ?

    Wtf?!
    Ya? Is that bad..?? I've been on since August I think or so of last year.

  4. #4
    TheTaxMan's Avatar
    TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    3,395
    Ive never heard of it

    Does it seem to have helped you at all? You been on for 6 months, any improvements

  5. #5
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,578
    It works similarly to clomid. In short it will increase LH thus elevating T levels. Doubling the dose will not result in a linear elevation of t levels.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  6. #6
    BecomingThor2014 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    Ive never heard of it

    Does it seem to have helped you at all? You been on for 6 months, any improvements
    Yes and no. Before I couldn't get through a work day without dragging hard at the end, now I don't get that but I still feel I'm not 100% where I should be/feeling like. So I guess does anyone know if itd hurt if I tried 40 over 20? This isn't dnp so I should be fine to test it out ya?

  7. #7
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,578
    It won't hurt you.
    How old are you and what caused your low T?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  8. #8
    BecomingThor2014 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    It won't hurt you.
    How old are you and what caused your low T?
    I'm 22. I don't know but what I assume and think what caused it is i was put on accutane in my young teens and I don't remember being always tired before that, just really bad after.

  9. #9
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,578
    Sorry to hear you're so young with this issue. Do you know what your LH / FSH levels were pre-serm treatment and what they are currently?
    Re Accutane I've read conflicting studies on it. Some report suppression of thyroid function thus lower LH levels.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  10. #10
    BecomingThor2014 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Sorry to hear you're so young with this issue. Do you know what your LH / FSH levels were pre-serm treatment and what they are currently?
    Re Accutane I've read conflicting studies on it. Some report suppression of thyroid function thus lower LH levels.
    If I remember right, I got that checked and everything was normal. My most recent test (in nov) I think showed LH high. I could try to find my bloods later. I've done like 5.

  11. #11
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,578
    Quote Originally Posted by BecomingThor2014 View Post
    If I remember right, I got that checked and everything was normal. My most recent test (in nov) I think showed LH high. I could try to find my bloods later. I've done like 5.
    Without re-reading the whole thread, if your LH is elevated and your T is low it's indicative of primary hypogonadism which would mean a SERM would be less effective in restoring normal T levels. But there are degree's to that. It's not all or nothing.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  12. #12
    Ashop's Avatar
    Ashop is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,943
    Quote Originally Posted by BecomingThor2014 View Post
    So Im on 20 mg daily for low t from the doctor (234 - 897 t levels) my question is, would more be better? i.e 40 mg daily? 2 tabs, would it increase more? Im not quite ready to jump on gear just yet so Im wondering if I can up my test more this way.

    Any idea on what your TEST levels are @ 20MG DAILY?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •