Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Advice, help, etc needed with Test

larrypboiii is offline New Member

Advice, help, etc needed with Test

Hey guys I have a few questions about potentially starting some test from my dr...
    Long story short... I've been in and out of working out for 5 years now. Always been a super skinny guy, and about 5 years ago decided to get in the gym and try to gain some muscle. Started eating well, lifting religiously, etc etc... Learned tons of new things, and basically went from 150ish lbs to 165lbs, lean, and in great shape. My lifting partner got very sick with abad staph infection and it ending up taking his life about 2 years ago. After this happened to someone so close to me, i kind of lost all intrest in the gym. my focus was gone. that passion i had was gone. everything. Moving on.... i kind of fell into a slump. Diet went to hell, training...none. Basically just tossed all of my hard work of 3 years down the drain. (all natural gains i had made) Well, about 8 months ago, i got back into the fitness grind. I couldn't stand the (bad) weight i had gained, my physique went to shit, and i basically was just completely unhappy with myself. I got up to about 190ish from drinking, terrible food, diet, no sleep etc. These past 8 months or so i have turned my life back around and gained the passion again that i had lost. I am now down to 180ish, i think about 15% BF, diet is much better and i train about 5 days a week. Im getting back to where i want to be. slowly, but surely.

Now for the advice and help.... I have noticed being tired alot lately, not feeling as strong as before, etc... I went in for a routine dr visit and mentioned it to my dr. He suggested doing blood work and checking my test level. Got the results back and i am 374 on a scale of 300-1100 i believe it is....? (this was about 2 months ago) So def on the low side. This morning i went in and did blood work one more time just to get another reading to determine how much test he should prescribe me...

My question is, with me working out and eating a proper diet now, will the Test he prescribes me help me in the gym also along with my lack of energy and sex drive i dont have anymore...?
    I do not want to ABUSE the treatment in any way, but i do want to MAXIMIZE it as best i can since it will be authentic test from a pharmacy...

Any recommendations on things to do while taking it? Things to do after so i see the best benefits/gains as possible?

Thanks and any help is appreciated.

Stats are: 26 years old (almost 27) 183lbs, 5'10'', ~15% BF currently
    Goal: Lose some body fat, gain lean muscle

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    What you should do first is make sure to rule out any possible medical conditions that is making your test level come back low.

Some possible conditions are hypothyroidism and pituitary tumors, among others.

If finnally comes back as idiopathic (not normal at your age) then you can go the TRT way.

Dont fall into the treatment without cause trap some modern medicine practitioners are doing, the logic behind it is profit.
    Back In Black likes this.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Also Larry, if you take pain meds routinely, they will reduce your natural Testosterone almost entirely after about 4 months of continuous use.

Thread Information