MikeyMoo is offline Junior Member

So; what happens when I open Pandora's box...

I'm new to the forum and have posted in the New Male Members and HRT threads. I thought I'd reach out on here also if I may. In a nutshell...

I'm 34 and it's been 4 years from I recovered from Hodgkins Lymphoma. Since my treatment ended, I had a plan to get into the best shape I've ever been in - I'm sure this is fairly common for guys in my position. The results have been slim to none and the notion of a cycle has intrigued me. As a result I have been doing a lot of reading online and trying to educate myself on everything involved and weighing up whether this is a route I definitely want to take.

On the one hand, I'm thinking "what have I got to lose versus what I could gain" and on the other it's "how much of an impact will my medical history have on introducting an AAS regime to my body".

Does anyone have knowledge on this or previous experience? I'd appreciate a few pointers.

Cheers,
    M

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Congrats on recovering.

So you wanna take steroids now? Well.as always...
    stats?
    Diet?
    Training regime and history ?
    Proposed first cycle?

Lets see what you can come up with. Im going out on a limb here...

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Hey Mikeymoo! I can understand how you would want to get in great shape now. And I think it's a great idea! However, it would also be a good idea to research the heck out of steroid use after lymphoma. Just to be on the safe side. Good luck man!

SuperNova93 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongblood View Post
    Hey Mikeymoo! I can understand how you would want to get in great shape now. And I think it's a great idea! However, it would also be a good idea to research the heck out of steroid use after lymphoma. Just to be on the safe side. Good luck man!
    Hey Mikey! I completely agree with Strongblood^^^ Your internal organs have been through a lot I presume and steroid use have a large effect on your heart, kidneys and liver. Definitely proceed with caution buddy! Congratulations on the Recovery mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Congrats on recovering.

stats?
    Diet?
    Proposed first cycle?

Thanks Cuz, I appreciate you getting in touch - I haven't been able to post my replay because of a spam filter. I've emailed one of the forum leaders to see what I need to change and will try again once I hear back.

Congrats on recovering.

stats?
    Diet?
    Proposed first cycle?

Thanks Cuz, I appreciate you getting in touch - I haven't been able to post my replay because of a spam filter. I've emailed one of the forum leaders to see what I need to change and will try again once I hear back.

Ok, so it seems if I had of read the 'Message Board Problems' first I would know that I need 25 posts before I can use the terms I attempted in my reply to Cuz.

Hands up on that one, apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNova93 View Post
    Hey Mikey! I completely agree with Strongblood^^^ Your internal organs have been through a lot I presume and steroid use have a large effect on your heart, kidneys and liver. Definitely proceed with caution buddy! Congratulations on the Recovery mate!
    Thanks SuperNova93, appreciate it. I've had numerous lung-function and ECG tests post-chemo and everything looks ok. I understand there's risks with all supplementation, especially AAS, so getting to know you guys and this forum is invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongblood View Post
    Thanks Strongblood, I appreciate it bud.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    I personally wouldnt even think about using them if I were in your shoes right now man. You seem like a good guy. My advice would be to train naturally and eat a near perfect diet. .for a minimum two years. Still you need to list everything when possible. Blood work analysis wouldnt hurt either .

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    I personally wouldnt even think about using them if I were in your shoes right now man. You seem like a good guy. My advice would be to train naturally and eat a near perfect diet. .for a minimum two years. Still you need to list everything when possible. Blood work analysis wouldnt hurt either .

Thanks for the honesty Cuz. The reality is that I'm a million miles away from running a cycle tbh. The way I see it is I need to consume as much information as I can on the subject before I can make an informed decision, based on my history.

This forum, as I've come to realise through reading some of the experienced member posts, seems like the perfect platform to gain that knowledge. I can't talk to friends, family, GP etc about my thoughts on this for obvious reasons and I know I'm gonna get some solid pointers from the community.

Even if the time comes when I've weighed it all up and am happy to 'cross the line', I still have to get my hands on the gear!!!! I've already read some horror stories on other threads and I understand (I think!?) the unwritten nature of this forum - how to go about things and how to not. It's kind of a Cosa Nosta I suppose?

JimmyInkedUp's post on 'Sources - The Game' was a bit of an eye opener and its reinforced my opinion about going about this the right way.

Again, I genuinely appreciate the advice bud, keep it coming!

M

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Its a major milestone. Knowledge is everything. Youre on the right forum.

charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz
    I agree with Cuz. Taking AAS does not give you the body you want and there are no magical pills or solutions. You need to diet and train. AAS allows you to optimize your potential whether bulking or cutting. You will probably return to the same condition once off them.
    There are some real experts in the diet forum

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I agree with Cuz. Taking AAS does not give you the body you want and there are no magical pills or solutions. You need to diet and train. AAS allows you to optimize your potential whether bulking or cutting. You will probably return to the same condition once off them.
    There are some real experts in the diet forum
    Thanks for the advice Charger. As it happens I've been reading through the Narkissos and Novastepp thread on 'Free Diet Advice' - they clearly know their stuff and even though it's designed for guys in the 15-20 % BF range, I think I can adapt alot of it to suit my needs.

Have a good one bud.

Its a major milestone. Knowledge is everything. Youre on the right forum.
    Hi Cuz,

Blood work came back today...

White blood cell 5.1 (x10^9/L) 4.0 - 11.0
    Haemoglobin 146 g/L 130 - 180
    Platelet 203 (x10^9/L) 150 - 400
    Red blood cell 4.56 (x10^12/L) 4.50 - 6.00
    Haematocrit 0.43 L/L 0.4 - 0.52
    Mean cell volume 93 fL 80 - 100
    Mean cell haemoglobin 32.0 pg 27.0 - 33.0
    Red cell distribution width 12.9 11.0 - 14.8
    Neutrophil count 2.9 (x10^9/L) 1.7 - 7.5
    Lymphocyte count 1.6 (x10^9/L) 1.0 - 4.5
    Monocyte count 0.4 (x10^9/L) 0.2 - 0.8
    Eosinophil count 0.2 (x10^9/L) 0.0 - 0.4
    Basophil count 0.1 (x10^9/L) 0.0 - 0.1

Testosterone 11.5 nmol/L 8.0 - 30.0
    Prolactin 254 mU/L 56 - 278
    HbA1c (IFCC traceable) 35 mmol/mol < 48
    FSH 21.3 IU/L 1.0 - 12.0
    TSH 1.23 mU/L 0.30 - 4.40
    Free T4 14.0 pmol/L 9.0 - 19.1
    PSA 0.4 ug/L < 3.0
    LH 5.3 IU/L 1.0 - 9.0

Sodium 141 mmol/L 133 - 146
    Potassium 4.4 mmol/L 3.5 - 5.3
    Urea 7.8 mmol/L 2.5 - 7.8
    Creatinine 101 umol/L 58 - 110

Bilirubin 15 umol/L < 21
    Protein 67 g/L 60 - 80
    Albumin 43 g/L 35 - 50
    Globulin 24 g/L 22 - 43
    Alkaline phosphatase 62 U/L 30 - 150
    Alanine transaminase 23 U/L < 59

Calcium 2.40 mmol/L 2.20 - 2.70
    Calcium (adjusted) 2.34 mmol/L 2.20 - 2.60
    Phosphate 0.76 mmol/L 0.80 - 1.50

I'd appreciate any insight or understanding you have of these levels.

Cheers,
    M

I should be able to post my initial response to your questions earlier in the thread...

Thanks Cuz. I know that it sounds daft given what I've been through but I won't be the first or last I reckon. I have a follow up appointment with the Endocronologist to discuss recent BW and will post full results here, see what you guys think.

Stats - 6' and 108kgs. Wouldn't know how to guess my BF but happy to post current pic of build.

Diet (for the past 8 weeks) - typically 2 x weetabix for breakfast; either some fruit/nuts and a protein shake mid morning; lunch I rotate between wholewheat sandwiches and salads; mid afternoon shake; dinner (last night) was a 4 egg omelette.

I lift 5 days a week* - currently Chest, Legs, Core, Arms, Back. [although I read Ronnie Rowlands post on Slingshot Functional Training recently which was intriguing and may incorporate this]. Weekends I do a bit of road cycling and swimming. Currents supplements are ON Gold Standard Whey and Citrilline Malate pre and post gym.

*had shoulder surgery around 6 weeks ago to fix a slap tear to Superior labrum, still in rehab.

Proposed 1st cycle - GREAT QUESTION - this is the subject that has been the basis of my research and the thing that has provided me with the most questions and queries. While there is a shitload of info on beginner cycles, some of it is conflicting however, what's apparent throughout is the focus on keeping things straightforward. So...

12 weeks; test enth 500mg (longer ester, less pinning)
    hCG 500 iu/week
    AI; Arimidex @ .25mg every other day until PCT

PCT - 4 weeks Clomid and Tamoxifen

This seems to be generally regarded as a good starter cycle. Now due to my low t levels I'm not sure how the above would need to change, if at all.

I may be having TRT depending on recent results and if so, have looked into the possibility of stacking - potential with Tren - as I've read a lot of info on its advantages with cutting. This would be a different question for a different time though.

So that's where I'm at. To be clear I haven't 100% decided on this; it is largely dependant on more research, q&a's with the guys here and results of my BW etc. Regardless of how much I want to shape up, I want to assess all avenues and options.

Feedback please!!
    M

Thread Information