Results 1 to 36 of 36
Like Tree24Likes
  • 1 Post By InternalFire
  • 2 Post By elastica
  • 1 Post By InternalFire
  • 3 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By InternalFire
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By InternalFire
  • 2 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By InternalFire
  • 1 Post By IronClydes
  • 2 Post By Titanbrah
  • 1 Post By InternalFire
  • 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By IronClydes
  • 1 Post By elastica
  • 1 Post By global-illuminati
  • 1 Post By hammerheart
  • 1 Post By InternalFire

Thread: Losing hair fast

  1. #1
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,193

    Question Losing hair fast

    Wife told me today that I only have 25% of the hair I had on my head a year ago. I am only 35. In the past year I completed a successful Tren /Test cycle followed by a 5 week Anavar /T3 bridge into my cruise. I am on TRT off cycle.

    Is it possible to get the hair back? If not, at the very least, stop it.

    I've been doing all of the traditional over the counter hair remedies for this with no success.

    Any advice or recommendations are appreciated.

  2. #2
    InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,259
    If its of so great concern read in on folicle transplant , usually taken from your sides of your head (these are immune to balding)and transplanted all over where it is missing. Takes about a year to complete and it is painfull but it is permanent fix against your genetic male pattern baldness issue

    Im not on trt/cycle yet, im 30 in few days, and I have less and less hair than my 80yo grandpa. Im genetically prone to mpb too

    I will be just growing hair where it comes in easy as a beard and shave it where it wants to leave me. I dont like spending time on my hair maintenance much anyway
    Last edited by InternalFire; 05-31-2016 at 01:45 AM.
    IronClydes likes this.

  3. #3
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,193
    Definitely not so concerned so as to consider transplanting it.

    I was more interested in known oral or topical solutions that may be recommended.

    If it comes to transplanting hair, I'll just buzz it until I have to shave it lol

  4. #4
    elastica is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    36
    Has any tried and found using topical caffeine helpful for hair loss? There's a bit of info that says it blocks the effects of DHT on the hair follicles. I just dissolve anhydrous caffeine and mix it into my shampoo bottle.
    InternalFire and IronClydes like this.

  5. #5
    InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,259
    Quote Originally Posted by elastica View Post
    Has any tried and found using topical caffeine helpful for hair loss? There's a bit of info that says it blocks the effects of DHT on the hair follicles. I just dissolve anhydrous caffeine and mix it into my shampoo bottle.
    Interesting tip, I never thought of it could be a very cost effective way of getting your hair to grow, but what about the follicles that are already post-mortem, would this method revive them?

    Also how big is your shampoo bottle and how much of the caffeine do you use on that bottle?

    May be worth experimenting

    Cheers
    IronClydes likes this.

  6. #6
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,673
    There's some interesting studies / articles on it. It can help to inhibit the 5 A-R enzyme.

    Role of Caffeine in the Management of Androgenetic Alopecia

    A novel cosmetic approach to treat thinning hair. - PubMed - NCBI
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  7. #7
    InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,259
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    There's some interesting studies / articles on it. It can help to inhibit the 5 A-R enzyme.

    Role of Caffeine in the Management of Androgenetic Alopecia

    A novel cosmetic approach to treat thinning hair. - PubMed - NCBI
    KelKel - youre a legend
    IronClydes likes this.

  8. #8
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,193
    Thanks for the feedback Kel, Elastica, and InsaneMuscle. I will read up in those articles you shared, Kel.

  9. #9
    elastica is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    36
    There's a brand of shampoo with caffeine called "Alpecin." It's said to contain 2% caffeine. So if you wanted to make a 2% solution you'd need to add about 5 grams to 250 mL of liquid, assuming the shampoo mix has about the same weight as water.

    I've seen recipes online that suggest adding 2 teaspoons per 8 fluid ounces, some say 4 teaspoons per 8 fluid ounces. I put about 3 in 500 mL, 16.9 fluid ounces, along with some essential oils. Daily gentle scalp massage can be helpful to stimulate hair growth too.
    Last edited by elastica; 06-01-2016 at 09:14 PM.

  10. #10
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by elastica View Post
    There's a brand of shampoo with caffeine called "Alpecin." It's said to contain 2% caffeine. So if you wanted to make a 2% solution you'd need to add about 5 grams to 250 mL of liquid, assuming the shampoo mix has about the same weight as water.

    I've seen recipes online that suggest adding 2 teaspoons per 8 fluid ounces, some say 4 teaspoons per 8 fluid ounces. I put about 3 in 500 mL, 16.9 fluid ounces, along with some essential oils. Daily gentle scalp massage can be helpful to stimulate hair growth too.
    Thanks for sharing, elastica

  11. #11
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    You can try the above, but at end of the day the only thing stopping/slowing androgenic alopecia is a 5alpha reductase inhibitor like finasteride, stacked with 2% ketoconazole shampoo.

    Of course it can have side effects. If you suffer from this side effects or are afraid of it better to shave the head.

    My 2 cents
    IronClydes likes this.

  12. #12
    InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,259
    Shaving head not only saves money for ya but also time in a long run, plus you get more skin to sun exposure = more natural vitaminD be it winter or summer plus for starters just out of curiosity count and add up minutes it takes you to shower your hair then dry them then groom them and then troughout entire day worry about them if they look sufficiently ok or if they got messedup because you hit your scalp getting in to the car etc... I find it to be waste of time, I value my time more than others opinions of my hair, I shave once or twice a month, and unless caffeine shampoo works like magic, I will go shaving weekly soon since I can see thining of the hair and balding pattern already, otherwise I may trim really short #2 etc and just once montly. It depends how your hair makes you or your loved ones feel too I guess, the owner of the hair gets to decide.
    IronClydes likes this.

  13. #13
    Proximal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Not here.
    Posts
    5,532
    Regrettably my head's shape does not lend itself to shaving, would look a bit like a lightbulb - I fully agree with your comment regarding time/energy wasted on hair.
    IronClydes and InternalFire like this.

  14. #14
    InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,259
    Hey ive almond shaped skull and I just cant care what others think of how my head looks like... so long I find the benefit Im happy I guess each to its own too , also , just my 02cents,

    extra tip - grow great beard and shave yar head, if its to compensate for the roundness/shape that is
    Last edited by InternalFire; 06-03-2016 at 12:58 PM.
    IronClydes likes this.

  15. #15
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    You can try the above, but at end of the day the only thing stopping/slowing androgenic alopecia is a 5alpha reductase inhibitor like finasteride, stacked with 2% ketoconazole shampoo.

    Of course it can have side effects. If you suffer from this side effects or are afraid of it better to shave the head.

    My 2 cents
    Would you mind pointing me to a good place to get finasteride and 2% Keto? I currently get 1% over the counter, but I can't find either of those anywhere....definitely not through any AAS source I use...

  16. #16
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    Shaving head not only saves money for ya but also time in a long run, plus you get more skin to sun exposure = more natural vitaminD be it winter or summer plus for starters just out of curiosity count and add up minutes it takes you to shower your hair then dry them then groom them and then troughout entire day worry about them if they look sufficiently ok or if they got messedup because you hit your scalp getting in to the car etc... I find it to be waste of time, I value my time more than others opinions of my hair, I shave once or twice a month, and unless caffeine shampoo works like magic, I will go shaving weekly soon since I can see thining of the hair and balding pattern already, otherwise I may trim really short #2 etc and just once montly. It depends how your hair makes you or your loved ones feel too I guess, the owner of the hair gets to decide.
    Agreed. My wife used to be found of the buzzed look, but has also grown found of the hair and unfortunately, no beard is allowed in my line of work.
    InternalFire likes this.

  17. #17
    Titanbrah is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    21
    I am taking finasteride, nizoral shampoo twice per week and minoxidil 5% + retin-a and derma roller and my hair looks perfect. Like Ive never lost any hair in my life. These are known as the big three pretty much.

    Ive heard that pumpkin seeds or pumpkin seed oil should help a lot also. From what Ive heard it blocks DHT.
    Same thing for saw palmetto oil. You can use azelaic acid (topical) also.

    Other than that you can just get a hair transplant in Turkey or Mexico or whereever you want. A friend of mine got it for 2.5k which is cheap. Including getting picked up with a limousine, already included flight and a five star hotel. Turkey is perfect when it comes to aesthetic operations.
    InternalFire and IronClydes like this.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,800
    Yeah, the big 3's Finestride (get the 5% if you have prostate issue), Nizoral shampoo (2%, actually Nizoral's good for the scalp and hasn't been clinically proven to prevent hair loss. But hey, it don't hurt so just use it.), Monoxidil 5% (cheap at Costco. If you go online at Costco you can get the drops which is $15 for 6 week's worth. The foam is more like a moose and cost $50 for 6 weeks). I wouldn't recommend hair transplants. They cut your scalp and there's a really good chance that you're going to lose the transplants. It happens often. Now with the scalp surgery you can't shave your head because of all the scars. Honesty, if you're going to go bald you're going to go bald. Slow down the process as much as you can but eventually you will have to be emotionally comfortable with the clean look. Good luck.

  19. #19
    InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,259
    Quote Originally Posted by elastica View Post
    There's a brand of shampoo with caffeine called "Alpecin." It's said to contain 2% caffeine. So if you wanted to make a 2% solution you'd need to add about 5 grams to 250 mL of liquid, assuming the shampoo mix has about the same weight as water.

    I've seen recipes online that suggest adding 2 teaspoons per 8 fluid ounces, some say 4 teaspoons per 8 fluid ounces. I put about 3 in 500 mL, 16.9 fluid ounces, along with some essential oils. Daily gentle scalp massage can be helpful to stimulate hair growth too.
    Lack of time so grabbed some alpecin for hairloss to give it a try while my caffeine comes in a post. Havent ordered caffeine yet but which version could be the best for absorbtion?
    IronClydes likes this.

  20. #20
    Proximal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Not here.
    Posts
    5,532
    Had hair transplants 20 years ago when I had my "mid-life crisis". Expensive yes, did they look good at that time - yes, put about 1500 in the crown area where it is not as obvious as your hairline (from what I recall, 10$ per plug). What's left now, not the hair, but a big ass scar on the back of my head where they harvested the plugs from. Can't cut my hair too short or the scar really shows.
    IronClydes likes this.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal
    Had hair transplants 20 years ago when I had my "mid-life crisis". Expensive yes, did they look good at that time - yes, put about 1500 in the crown area where it is not as obvious as your hairline (from what I recall, 10$ per plug). What's left now, not the hair, but a big ass scar on the back of my head where they harvested the plugs from. Can't cut my hair too short or the scar really shows.
    Wait, the transplanted hair fell ?

  22. #22
    Proximal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Not here.
    Posts
    5,532
    Yeah, gone. You know it's been over 20 years now, so can't speak about how quickly. Started TRT 8 mos. ago and it's accelerating & more noticeable now. Considering Rogaine but believe it or not, there is a cover-up spray (a powdery paint) that blends in perfectly, at least for me, so it's buying me time.
    IronClydes likes this.

  23. #23
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Had hair transplants 20 years ago when I had my "mid-life crisis". Expensive yes, did they look good at that time - yes, put about 1500 in the crown area where it is not as obvious as your hairline (from what I recall, 10$ per plug). What's left now, not the hair, but a big ass scar on the back of my head where they harvested the plugs from. Can't cut my hair too short or the scar really shows.
    Damn Proximal, thanks for the heads up. I'll stick to shaving if it get's worse!
    Proximal likes this.

  24. #24
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    Lack of time so grabbed some alpecin for hairloss to give it a try while my caffeine comes in a post. Havent ordered caffeine yet but which version could be the best for absorbtion?
    Interested in knowing this too.

  25. #25
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Yeah, the big 3's Finestride (get the 5% if you have prostate issue), Nizoral shampoo (2%, actually Nizoral's good for the scalp and hasn't been clinically proven to prevent hair loss. But hey, it don't hurt so just use it.), Monoxidil 5% (cheap at Costco. If you go online at Costco you can get the drops which is $15 for 6 week's worth. The foam is more like a moose and cost $50 for 6 weeks). I wouldn't recommend hair transplants. They cut your scalp and there's a really good chance that you're going to lose the transplants. It happens often. Now with the scalp surgery you can't shave your head because of all the scars. Honesty, if you're going to go bald you're going to go bald. Slow down the process as much as you can but eventually you will have to be emotionally comfortable with the clean look. Good luck.
    Where can one find Finestride and Nizoral in the 2% strength? Only found the Monoxidil 5% and InsaneMsucle's Alpecin so far...

  26. #26
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClydes
    Where can one find Finestride and Nizoral in the 2% strength? Only found the Monoxidil 5% and InsaneMsucle's Alpecin so far...
    they are prescription. Just tell your dr you are losing hair and want both. They prescribe them with no question.

    You can use all three. The minoxidil is the same ingredient as roaming but in liquid instead of foam. I personally have up on trying to save hair. Much easier to just wear a hat and shave your head

  27. #27
    reporich is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Yeah, gone. You know it's been over 20 years now, so can't speak about how quickly. Started TRT 8 mos. ago and it's accelerating & more noticeable now. Considering Rogaine but believe it or not, there is a cover-up spray (a powdery paint) that blends in perfectly, at least for me, so it's buying me time.
    What about the warranty?....

  28. #28
    elastica is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    Lack of time so grabbed some alpecin for hairloss to give it a try while my caffeine comes in a post. Havent ordered caffeine yet but which version could be the best for absorbtion?
    From this list it looks like caffeinated products on the market are using anhydrous caffeine or coffee beans

    Caffeine and Skin Care Products

    I would make sure it's pure caffeine powder without any fillers or sweeteners. Anhydrous caffeine is relatively inexpensive and available online.
    IronClydes likes this.

  29. #29
    carbo's Avatar
    carbo is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    460
    Get some Nizoral shampoo.

  30. #30
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,193
    Got my doc to prescribe the Finestride at 1mg/day. Started 2 days ago. He advised that the Nizoral is useless unless I have a fungus on my scalp, which I don't.

  31. #31
    global-illuminati is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    32
    I totally get why someone would wish to try to save what hair they have left. Just a little warning is all..........


    Personally started on finasteride and it shut my libido down within weeks and quit immediately. Its done waaaaay more harm that i could have ever imagined and wished i never took it. Not sure if i'll ever get back to normalcy. Its been months with no improvement.

    Might i suggest starting yourself out at .25mg ed and work your way up from there. If you discover any sides(ANY AT ALL) stop immediately! There are multitudes of lawsuits in progress for perm damages to men. Also, may behoove you to go to some of the hair club type forums and look into how bad this stuff can really be. Its certainly NOT anywhere close to a 1-2% extreme side effect rate that the manufacturer claims. Just be VERY careful with this stuff. You might respond great to it, but would hate for you to be one of those whose life it destroys.
    Last edited by global-illuminati; 06-15-2016 at 09:16 PM.

  32. #32
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,193
    Thank you for sharing.

    I have to admit I was hesitant when the doctor said it was a testosterone blocker....

    That's nothing a bodybuilder like to hear lol

    Quote Originally Posted by global-illuminati View Post
    I totally get why someone would wish to try to save what hair they have left. Just a little warning is all..........


    Personally started on finasteride and it shut my libido down within weeks and quite immediately. Its done waaaaay more harm that i could have ever imagined and wished i never took it. Not sure if i'll ever get back to normalcy. Its been months with no improvement.

    Might i suggest starting yourself out at .25mg ed and work your way up from there. If you discover any sides(ANY AT ALL) quite immediately! There are multitudes of lawsuits in progress for perm damages to men. Also, may behoove you to go to some of the hair club type forums and look into how bad this stuff can really be. Its certainly NOT anywhere close to a 1-2% extreme side effect rate that the manufacturer claims. Just be VERY careful with this stuff. You might respond great to it, but would hate for you to be one of those whos life it destroys.

  33. #33
    global-illuminati is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClydes View Post
    Thank you for sharing.

    I have to admit I was hesitant when the doctor said it was a testosterone blocker....

    That's nothing a bodybuilder like to hear lol

    Its not quite as simple as that. I would try to simplify it but i'm afraid i don't know enough to do it justice. Suffice to say that the pill will not take away from your test in any noticeable way. If you visit the boards i suggested you'll find threads where folks try to break it down in understandable terms. Some claim an increase in body composition due to DHT blocking leaving more free test available for the body to use.

    Somewhere on this board i believe i came across a thread where someone linked to a video of a doctor on youtube who broke down the full testosterone cascade and feedback system for men into a very basic and understandable white board discussion. If you have a chance to find that and have a look at it then it will make sense as to why finasteride will not block your test, but rather just the DHT. Sorry i don't have more info to give you on that. If i remember where i saw it, or find it myself, i'll let you know.



    BTW, did you consider supplementing with Biotin? Some it may not work for but i personally know a couple folks for whom its made a noticeable difference. Wouldn't hurt to try a bottle of it as its pretty cheap, and infinitely less harmful than finasteride.
    Last edited by global-illuminati; 06-15-2016 at 09:23 PM.
    IronClydes likes this.

  34. #34
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,528
    Finasteride inhibits 5-alpha-reductase, the enzyme that reduces testosterone to DHT.

    The problem with fina and the sort is that T it's not the only substrate accepted by 5-AR. In fact, there are many physiological functions that depend on 5-alpha reduction, and some even poorly understood.

    Personally I wouldn't take fina not even if facing total hair loss, it's just deleterious to a man's health. There many other options available, like the naturally occuring fatty acids from fish oil (EPA, DHA), linseed (ALA), GLA from borrage oil (most potent).


    I'd give diet/supplementation a chance before jumping on a pharmaceutical.
    IronClydes likes this.

  35. #35
    InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,259
    I use 5000mcg biotin daily for about 8 months now, it helped me nothing, left with another weeks supply I dont see myself using it again. Currently testing out alpecin 2 in 1 caffeine shampo and feels interesting, it feels like I grew my hair longer just in under a week but not sure if I have more of it as in quantity of hair folicles . It does look like my hair got thicker or darker, if it shows improvement over next month I will just get caffeine powder and mix it with generic brand shampo and run it this way. If it diesnt help , razor blade
    IronClydes likes this.

  36. #36
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,193
    After reading your messages, and doing some more research, my wife said she'll take bald over no D...lol She wants me to stop now. So, I only ended up taking 3 days worth at 1 mg per day. The rest of the overpriced meds are being thrown out.

    Thanks for the guidance and warnings brother!

    Quote Originally Posted by global-illuminati View Post
    Its not quite as simple as that. I would try to simplify it but i'm afraid i don't know enough to do it justice. Suffice to say that the pill will not take away from your test in any noticeable way. If you visit the boards i suggested you'll find threads where folks try to break it down in understandable terms. Some claim an increase in body composition due to DHT blocking leaving more free test available for the body to use.

    Somewhere on this board i believe i came across a thread where someone linked to a video of a doctor on youtube who broke down the full testosterone cascade and feedback system for men into a very basic and understandable white board discussion. If you have a chance to find that and have a look at it then it will make sense as to why finasteride will not block your test, but rather just the DHT. Sorry i don't have more info to give you on that. If i remember where i saw it, or find it myself, i'll let you know.



    BTW, did you consider supplementing with Biotin? Some it may not work for but i personally know a couple folks for whom its made a noticeable difference. Wouldn't hurt to try a bottle of it as its pretty cheap, and infinitely less harmful than finasteride.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •