Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 12diesel

Thread: Newb Stuck In My Own Head

12diesel is offline New Member

Newb Stuck In My Own Head

I made a post about this in another section, but I think it was the wrong section; I think this is the more appropriate one...

First, I ought to thank the contributors here. You all have helped me learn a ton by lurking here over the past several months.

Complete newb here... did my first injection last night and as the pin was in, all of the negatives started flashing through my mind. I'm the type that fixates on something and can't get it out of my head... even nonsense stuff, like "what if the source I bought from contaminated the gear with diseases and I'm just pushing it straight into my body?"

So, has anyone else had pinner's remorse, before? If so, what'd you do to get past it?

I studied for months before diving in, so I felt confident in what I'm doing, but now the paranoia is set in. I'm running the basic beginner cycle...
    Weeks 1-12 - 500mg Test E (250mg E3D)
    Weeks 3-12 - Aromasin 12.5mg EOD
    Weeks 15-18 - Nolva 40/40/20/20

It sounds like sides are pretty rare on this simple cycle, but just looking for some reassurance, I guess.

Also, if I don't plan to cruise and I'm not sure if I'll ever get to do another cycle (this was a bit of a deal with the wife and took some convincing), do you all feel it's worth taking the associated risks?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    I've never gotten anxiety like that when pinning.

Your cycle needs work.

Why are you taking stane EDO?

Why no hcg ?

Why no clomid?

Stane take about a week to reach peak plasma concentration and has a short half life.

You should begin taking 12.5mg of stane twice per day with dietary fats, then titrate your dose based on mid cycle bw.

PCT usually begins 14 days after last pin when on 500mg/week of test e.

Proximal is offline Banned
    I'm on my first, but using pharm grade so don't have that worry. However, after being married for 30 years, I do know how important it is to have the wife on-board. If her opinion matters (in my case it means everything), then her possible uncertainty can be causing some of your anxiety (sorry to get all analytical there - just my personal experience).

Thanks for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    I've never gotten anxiety like that when pinning.
    I have a tendency to be in my own head and overthink things. Sometimes it's a positive, but when it freaks me out, it's a negative.

Your cycle needs work.
    I tried to keep it pretty basic since it's my first cycle ever. Aside from the DBol addition, I am essentially following the cycle recommended here: https://www.steroid.com/Novice-Steroid-Cycles-I.php#

Why are you taking stane EDO?
    That's how I've seen it recommended on this site, as well as others: https://www.steroid.com/Aromasin.php - From that page "In a performance setting, standard Aromasin doses will normally be 12.5-25mg every other day. Most should be fine with 12.5mg every other day, with some getting by with only two to three doses per week"

Why no hcg?
    I never saw HCG included in any of the beginner cycle recommendations. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it, though. Do you suggest it during cycle or as part of PCT?

Why no clomid?
    Again, I had read a lot about since this is a beginner cycle, only one needs to be used. Do you suggest stacking them during PCT?

PCT usually begins 14 days after last pin when on 500mg/week of test e.
    That's when I plan to start it. I'll do my last injection on Friday of week 12. I'll start PCT on Friday of week 14. I guess a better way to describe it would be... Weeks 14.5 to 17.5

Thanks again for the feedback! I'd love to hear your thoughts further.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    I'm on my first, but using pharm grade so don't have that worry. However, after being married for 30 years, I do know how important it is to have the wife on-board. If her opinion matters (in my case it means everything), then her possible uncertainty can be causing some of your anxiety (sorry to get all analytical there - just my personal experience).
    That's interesting and something I hadn't thought of. But you might be onto something. At this point, she's pretty open to it, but it's all based on my research and me sharing my confidence with her. So, now if something f's up, it just proves her original fears that she overcame through trusting me.

I'm impressed man... you immediately got deep, but I think you hit on it. As I think about it more; if I were a bachelor and didn't have her (and a child) relying on me, I'd be much more prone to just do whatever and not worry about it.
    Proximal likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Hope you have read this:

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

Because as Numbere said above your cycle plan is not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Hope you have read this:

Edit - It wouldn't let me post a link to this thread since I'm new here.

Because as Numbere said above your cycle plan is not the best.
    Yep, I've read that.

I was thinking my cycle is very similar to the recommendation there, with a few minor tweaks based on what I saw as more common recommendations in my cumulative research.

The key differences are:
    - That thread recommends HCG - I've read both suggestions for using it and not using it. Not using it on a beginner cycle seemed to be the more common theme, even in the suggested Novice Cycle I here on this site.
    - That thread suggest starting the AI sooner - This was one I've had a hard time finding a good suggestion for. People seem to be all over the board, so I tried to go with what I thought I saw suggested more.
    - That thread recommends two forms of PCT - Again, I've read for shorter cycles, less than 13 weeks, one form was the most recommended.

With all that said, I'm clearly still learning. I've researched for months, but there's so much conflicting information that it's hard to find a definite answer. I had to just pick what appeared to be the most common recommendations from multiple sources; essentially just find the "average" and go with it.

Is there a reason that thread you referenced seems to be what forum members prefer as opposed to what the Novice Cycle suggests?

Thanks for your input! I'm still trying to make sure I get this right, so I appreciate any and all feedback.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    New analytical and quantitative data is continually changing the viewpoints of people who live this type of lifestyle.

Over the last few years it has become accepted among a majority the experienced members here that it's most beneficial way to use hcg is starting on day one of the cycle until 2-3 days before administering PCT.

If your're going to use stane then you should follow the dosage regimen presented in post #2.

If you want the best chance of resetting you HPTA post cycle then you should use the PCT given in the thread attached to post #5.

Thread Information