Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By numbere
  • 2 Post By Vash the Stampede
  • 2 Post By numbere

Thread: Anastrozole and Exemestane: Dosage equivalence

Slacker78 is offline Member
    Hello friends, i've seen in some Austinite's article, the starting recommended AI dosages for 500 Test Enan/Week; it was 0.25/0.50/EOD of Anastrozole or 25mg/ED of Exemestane. It sounds me a pretty strange that Anastrozole is 4 times powerful than Exemestane. 1/4 of pill of Anastrozole against a whole pill of Exemestane with 500mg of Test E/week. Although each one after blood work, could adjust the dosages, it's highly recommended do not overcome 25mg/ED of Exemestane, while with Anastrozole some dosages increasing could be expected and better tolerated. I'm wondering, if could be some equivalence about dosages between the 2 AIs ( regardless on their half-life that as we know is different ). Being at what i read, keeping the suggested ratio, if i increase to 0.50mg/EOD of Anastrozole, i should increase the Exemestane corresponding dosage to 50mg/ED ( 2 pills ) !

At the bottom the picture where this is reported.

Thank you !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ai.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	165274
    Last edited by Slacker78; 09-04-2016 at 06:53 AM.

TestoSuper is offline Associate Member
    Interesting... in fact this concept is a little strange ... but I can not talk about because I've never used Exemestane and I do not know well ... I have ever used Adex at 0.25 / 0.50 eod !!

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    I don't think you can make linear correlations between those AI doses.

Dex is a superior AI and is more powerful than stane especially when using high doses of aromatazing compounds.

Imo if you need to take 0.5mg of dex EOD to control e2 then you shouldn't switch to stane or you may face issues.
    InternalFire and Slacker78 like this.

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member
    I think it would be a bad idea to try establish an equivalent dosage for 2 completely different compounds. We all convert E2 at different rates, and ultimately genetics will determine your response. Blood work is the only way to really know if your AI dosage is sufficient, and adjustments can be made based on that.

For the those without any experience with these compounds, I generally recommended 0.5mg EOD of arimidex or 12.5mg ED of aromasin . This is not a one size fits all, adjusts must be made depending on the individual response.

Slacker78 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    I don't think you can make linear correlations between those AI doses.

Dex is a superior AI and is more powerful than stane especially when using high doses of aromatazing compounds.

Imo if you need to take 0.5mg of dex EOD to control e2 then you shouldn't switch to stane or you may face issues.
    What do you mean ? Why ? Wouldn't you switch with stane and adjusting related dosage, for example ?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78 View Post
    What do you mean ? Why ? Wouldn't you switch with stane and adjusting related dosage, for example ?
    It's less expensive to use dex on cycle.

It's more convenient to take dex EOD then taking stane ED or twice a day.

If you need to take more then 12.5mg a day of stane then it's best to split the dosage up.

This may sound trivial but I always find myself forgetting to take a dose.

Stane needs to be taken with dietary fats in order to maximum absorption.

If you run a cycle of high aromatazing compounds then stane becomes less effective than dex even when increasing the amount.

Most who are serious about competing use dex for these reasons.

Thread Information