• 1 Post By Scorpion0922
  • 1 Post By zf2410
  • 1 Post By Scorpion0922
  • 1 Post By zf2410
  • 1 Post By Scorpion0922

Thread: First cycle suggestions

zf2410 is offline New Member

First cycle suggestions

I'm doing research before starting my first cycle. I want to have as much information as possible before I get anything, so I'm hoping for some advice. Firstly, what are some suggestions for a first cycle? I'm thinking just testosterone enanthate to see how I react to that. Also, what should I be taking with it? I've read about different SERMs and stuff. Thanks in advance for the help!

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    There is a " sticky thread" about executing your first successful cycle. And that's like you said highly recommended just using a strain of testosterone only to see how you react etc. and it alone be sufficient for gains. I'm sure someone will copy the link for you. I'm to lazy right now
    zf2410 likes this.

Scorpion0922 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Test E or C only is tried and true.

What are your stats? Age, height, weight, bodyfat, years training, etc...
    Marsoc likes this.

Thanks to both of you! I'm not only new to steroids , but also this site. So I'm still figuring out how to navigate the forums.

I like to ask what an example of your training involves. I.e what type of methods do you utilize to increase and maximize intensity overall. I.e HIT, HIIT (like 30 seconds rest between sets) one workout right into another,
    super sets,
    Triple super set
    Drop sets
    Heavy weight high volume drop sets to reach desired high rep
    Multiple Drop sets plus super set
    Pre or post fatigue etc.
    the amount of sleep you get each night etc.

Also, I'm 26, 5'10", 175, about 11-12% body fat, and I've been training since I was about 16. I just did my first physique competition and have been getting more into bodybuilding.

Marsoc,
    Right now I'm doing Jim Wendler's 531 program to build back strength after focusing on cutting. When training for hypertrophy I typically do a 5 day split with a lot of super sets and drop sets. I also like doing pyramid sets for arms to really get a good pump. I've also tried using Hany Rambod's FST-7 method and gotten good results. (The guy that trains Phil Heath AND Jeremy Buendia probably knows what he's doing.) For cardio I'll do some HIIT followed by steady state to burn the fat that the HIIT has broken down.
    Marsoc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zf2410 View Post
    Also, I'm 26, 5'10", 175, about 11-12% body fat, and I've been training since I was about 16. I just did my first physique competition and have been getting more into bodybuilding.
    Finally a guy who's paid his dues and has decent stats...it must be snowing in hell.

175 @ 5'10 is liiiiiiiiiiiiight tho. I weigh that and I'm 5'7 and 43 years old. I'm guessing that's because you just did the show? When was the show?
    Marsoc likes this.

The show was 2 weeks ago, so that's why I'm so light. I lost more muscle than I wanted trying to get lean but wanted to see the cut through anyway. I'm glad I did because I learned a lot about what works for me and what doesn't. Typically I would walk around closer to 190 had I not done that show.
    Marsoc likes this.

And thanks Scorpion, I appreciate the recognition. I haven't even been on here for a day and I'm already getting tons of great advice!

And thanks Scorpion, I appreciate the recognition. I haven't even been on here for a day and I'm already getting tons of great advice!
    Got your back Jack....if you were 175 on stage a good target is for 180-185 on stage next time. That means you want to get back to that 190-200 in your offseason. This is not set in stone but a good place to start, you may need to get to 210 or get on stage @ 183.5....etc.

Do you have a show prep coach?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Any contest pics?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

No contest pics yet. Still waiting for the photographer to get them all uploaded. I was 170 on stage (way too small for me) but I think that 180-185 range would be good for next time. I want to take some time off to build muscle without dirty bulking too much. I don't want to gain a bunch, but then have so much fat to lose it all goes away. I would rather take longer to build the muscle and stay fairly lean at the same time.

No contest pics yet. Still waiting for the photographer to get them all uploaded. I was 170 on stage (way too small for me) but I think that 180-185 range would be good for next time. I want to take some time off to build muscle without dirty bulking too much. I don't want to gain a bunch, but then have so much fat to lose it all goes away. I would rather take longer to build the muscle and stay fairly lean at the same time.
    ^^^ also know as: the RIGHT way to do it.
    zf2410 likes this.

Thread Information