• 1 Post By InternalFire
  • 1 Post By InternalFire
  • 1 Post By Slacker78
  • 1 Post By InternalFire
  • 1 Post By InternalFire

Thread: Type of AI: Aromasin vs Arimidex

Tearracodo is offline Junior Member

Type of AI: Aromasin vs Arimidex

I just wants some guidance of the different type of AI. Two main type suicidal AI, where the enzyme is irreversibly inhibited and non-suicidal where it become a competitive inhibitor. stop the drug and stop the effect.

I know with Arimidex (which is non-suicidal) you can get rebound Estro issues as the inhibitor looses it effect while with Aromasin that inst possible as the enzyme has effectively been destroyed.

sogiven the choice between the two types, with equal availability and being pharma grade which would you choose for better effect? At the moment im thinking Aromasin just because there is no immediate rebound. Unless there other things that I need to consider? Side effect from the drugs themselves

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    dex works better and with less IMO
    and when you finish AI you ar elikely starting PCT and the SERM's will block any rebound estro breast issues. i havent had an issue with dex or masin. masin takes more to work. there is pros and negs to both. for me i would rec dex on cycle and masin if needed on hrt.
    Marsoc likes this.

I think I wiped out my estrogen altogether with Arimidex one time (I had the symptoms of low estrogen) so it gets my vote. I was in Ireland at the time and Arimidex was also way cheaper than Aromasin .

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Aromasin is a suicidal AI... Meaning once it breaks up the aromatase enzyme it actually renders that AE useless... Whereas dex(my choice as well) has to continuously bind to the aromatize enzyme to break it/them up.... Dex is also more potent...
    Slacker78 likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    They both are great AI's and I don't think you can go wrong with either.
    Lee_1978 likes this.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe both work,just a matter of preference and dialing in the dose.
    Some respond better to one than another, some suffer more from one than another... both are good I feel. I felt like I crushed my E2 to almost nothing with 2 weeks of 6.25mg aromasin E3.5D... bounced back while on hcg and surplus test in few weeks after stopping aromasin
    Slacker78 likes this.

Paul Mr Universe is offline Junior Member
    Your right in your thinking I personally prefer letrosole as superior to both you mentioned in overall effect

Slacker78 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    I believe both work,just a matter of preference and dialing in the dose.
    Some respond better to one than another, some suffer more from one than another... both are good I feel. I felt like I crushed my E2 to almost nothing with 2 weeks of 6.25mg aromasin E3.5D... bounced back while on hcg and surplus test in few weeks after stopping aromasin
    Did you crushed your E2 just with Aromasin 6.25mg E3.5D ? It's incredible... what were your AAS dosages ?

I ran 150mg/week of test-e and 500iu HCG , both E3.5D split. I think HCG had contributed alot to E2 spike, and I may say I kinda feel either no different without it or even better, less lethargic. less emotional, less passive.

I was not running any AI from the start of my TRT, and ~5weeks in I got water retention around nipples and nipple sensitivity, especially when doing cardio and sweating alot.
    I looked up and found few quick prevention methods to one of which I have followed and got immediate results within 5-7 days only. Took 6.25mg aromasin monday morning 00:30 and thursday morning 06:30 , along that for the first week I was taking Nolva 20mg/ED for 1st week, and then 10mg/ED after for almost 2 weeks. On second week taking AI I felt that my joints began to hurt out of nowhere, dull pain every damn joint, wasnt too terrible but could not ignore, so stopped aromasin after #4'th 6.25mg dose. continued with nolva 10mg/ED as I said, also continued with HCG and 150mg/wk test-e. Discontinued HCG and nolva ~1week prior blood draw, bloods came in well just E2 was few points above normal-high limit. It may or may not be real measure as nolva and HCG may have it manipulated artificially, but I could tell about few days to a week in w/o AI I began feeling the relief on my joints, so it gotta be something to do with E2.

Its some task to dial in E2 but not impossible

since bloods came in little higher than normal Total-T and Free-T, I dropped test-e to 125mg/wk split half to two pins E3.5D, and no HCG already for ~3+ weeks. Recently I began taking AI again only at less frequent dosage, so currently @6.25mg once a week, because I miss my morning woods again, should be due too too high E2. few days since taking AI, morning wood is back. Not rocket hard nor weak, but noticeable, so AI still is needed.

Thinking splitting this quarter of a grain in to half again and have it take E3.5D too... just wondering.
    Last edited by InternalFire; 09-04-2016 at 10:46 AM.
    Slacker78 likes this.

I ran 150mg/week of test-e and 500iu HCG , both E3.5D split. I think HCG had contributed alot to E2 spike, and I may say I kinda feel either no different without it or even better, less lethargic. less emotional, less passive.

I was not running any AI from the start of my TRT, and ~5weeks in I got water retention around nipples and nipple sensitivity, especially when doing cardio and sweating alot.
    I looked up and found few quick prevention methods to one of which I have followed and got immediate results within 5-7 days only. Took 6.25mg aromasin monday morning 00:30 and thursday morning 06:30 , along that for the first week I was taking Nolva 20mg/ED for 1st week, and then 10mg/ED after for almost 2 weeks. On second week taking AI I felt that my joints began to hurt out of nowhere, dull pain every damn joint, wasnt too terrible but could not ignore, so stopped aromasin after #4'th 6.25mg dose. continued with nolva 10mg/ED as I said, also continued with HCG and 150mg/wk test-e. Discontinued HCG and nolva ~1week prior blood draw, bloods came in well just E2 was few points above normal-high limit. It may or may not be real measure as nolva and HCG may have it manipulated artificially, but I could tell about few days to a week in w/o AI I began feeling the relief on my joints, so it gotta be something to do with E2.

Its some task to dial in E2 but not impossible

since bloods came in little higher than normal Total-T and Free-T, I dropped test-e to 125mg/wk split half to two pins E3.5D, and no HCG already for ~3+ weeks. Recently I began taking AI again only at less frequent dosage, so currently @6.25mg once a week, because I miss my morning woods again, should be due too too high E2. few days since taking AI, morning wood is back. Not rocket hard nor weak, but noticeable, so AI still is needed.

Thinking splitting this quarter of a grain in to half again and have it take E3.5D too... just wondering.
    I suppose your problem wasn't an E2 crush but an E2 out of range issue, to the upper limit maybe. As you were injecting Test E, your Test level grew up inside your blood stream, consequently causing more E2 conversion ( with HCG too ). You stopped AI but you even stopped HCG and you found E2 was above the upper limit. I think it was related to the fact your AI dosages and frequency was not enough to control E2 conversion as your Test E level, increased in your blood stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78 View Post
    I suppose your problem wasn't an E2 crush but an E2 out of range issue, to the upper limit maybe. As you were injecting Test E, your Test level grew up inside your blood stream, consequently causing more E2 conversion ( with HCG too ). You stopped AI but you even stopped HCG and you found E2 was above the upper limit. I think it was related to the fact your AI dosages and frequency was not enough to control E2 conversion as your Test E level, increased in your blood stream.
    I had sub bellow normal-low E2 levels prior trt naturally, yes HCG and Test did build up my E2 rapidly, but so did AI crashed it to some level for me to begin experience joints discomfort, seemed like flu aches but only on joints. I stopped AI, but continued HCG for the reason being so I build up E2 little quicker to alleviate "low E2" symptoms. I know I may be well off and wrong about what happened, but thats the best of my experience how I can explain it. My e2 seemed to bounce back rather quick (thanks to HCG, joimt pain gone in a matter of days on discontinuation of AI) but I was still taking nolvadex which is synthetic estrogen in non-active form that blocks receptors at chest area, thus although I felt completely normal I believe excess in nolvadex in my blood may have manipulated E2 reading artificially.

Its a speculation of course but that does make sense to me too.

Although you may not be too far of the truth either as my prolactin was little high - may be a result of higher than normal natural E2 too.
    Slacker78 likes this.

I had sub bellow normal-low E2 levels prior trt naturally, yes HCG and Test did build up my E2 rapidly, but so did AI crashed it to some level for me to begin experience joints discomfort, seemed like flu aches but only on joints. I stopped AI, but continued HCG for the reason being so I build up E2 little quicker to alleviate "low E2" symptoms. I know I may be well off and wrong about what happened, but thats the best of my experience how I can explain it. My e2 seemed to bounce back rather quick (thanks to HCG, joimt pain gone in a matter of days on discontinuation of AI) but I was still taking nolvadex which is synthetic estrogen in non-active form that blocks receptors at chest area, thus although I felt completely normal I believe excess in nolvadex in my blood may have manipulated E2 reading artificially.

Its a speculation of course but that does make sense to me too.

Although you may not be too far of the truth either as my prolactin was little high - may be a result of higher than normal natural E2 too.
    It would be good to have a blood work in the exact moment you felt bad with ache on joints to see if it was E2 related; Although joints ache is a typical low E2 symptom, AIs could cause that in itself, without E2 out of the normal range level.

It would be good to have a blood work in the exact moment you felt bad with ache on joints to see if it was E2 related; Although joints ache is a typical low E2 symptom, AIs could cause that in itself, without E2 out of the normal range level.
    I suspect it was low e2 as my legs routine was about 5 days apart before I start feeling aches and lethargic, and I hadn't killed legs hard prior that... also I supplement heavily with omegas, msm and other stuff that would rule out deficiency caused issues. I know regards bloods importance, but this zoo where I live does not facilitate such services to people favour, and even I got lucky to get it done,it took 2 weeks to get results back, which were not the exact tests done that I have requested.

Im in DIY mode as of lately with E2 dialling in. Also as a further precaution lately I began taking aromasin @6.25mg/wk which I think I should split to even smaller pieces and try taking it EOD etc.
    Last edited by InternalFire; 09-05-2016 at 03:30 AM.
    Slacker78 likes this.

I suspect it was low e2 as my legs routine was about 5 days apart before I start feeling aches and lethargic, and I hadn't killed legs hard prior that... also I supplement heavily with omegas, msm and other stuff that would rule out deficiency caused issues. I know regards bloods importance, but this zoo where I live does not facilitate such services to people favour, and even I got lucky to get it done,it took 2 weeks to get results back, which were not the exact tests done that I have requested.

Im in DIY mode as of lately with E2 dialling in. Also as a further precaution lately I began taking aromasin @6.25mg/wk which I think I should split to even smaller pieces and try taking it EOD etc.
    Going to guessing it's pretty hard i'm sorry for you. As you know, with blood work, there's no guessing but reliability.
    InternalFire likes this.

Going to guessing it's pretty hard i'm sorry for you. As you know, with blood work, there's no guessing but reliability.
    I know, everyone should know.
    Slacker78 likes this.

I know, everyone should know.
    What was your BF % in that moment ?

~11-12%
    Slacker78 likes this.

E5Charlie is offline Junior Member
    So, do they both work pretty well, just a matter of choice? Currently on trt but will start 1st blast next year. No need for ai on current trt protocol. Don't mean to thread-jack (maybe just a little) but my question is relevant and might help other people in my situation reading this. Will do 500mg/wk test cyp. No HCG . Can get either ai pharmacy grade.

Thread Information