tice1212 is offline Productive Member

t4 or t3 question

So we all know that normal functioning thyroid produces 25mcg of t3 or 100mcg of t4. Is if I was looking to get 50mcg of t3 would it better to just take 50mcg of t3 or take 200mcg of t4 and have my body convert it to 50mcg of t3?

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    T4 do not work for me, however, I am an exception. I am evaluating T3 as I am writing this and I will know in a few weeks how well it was working out for me.

Cupid is offline Junior Member
    Definitely T3.

The reason being:
    T4 does convert to T3, however it also converts into reverse T3. Reverse T3 competes with regular T3 at the same thyroid receptors, and renders them useless. So yes, by taking 200mcg T4, you may have 50mcg T3 floating around, but less of it is actually being used because some of your receptors are being blocked by reverse T3.

However, if you take just T3, it does not have any mechanism I am aware of for it to be converted into reverse T3....therefore, it will be more effective.

This is especially true if you are on caloric restriction. From what I have researched, decreased leptin levels as a result of dieting increase the conversion of T4 to reverse T3.

Hope that answers your question.

Jonbana is offline Member
    im currently 2 weeks into t3 started at 50mcg now im 80mcg I haven't not noticed anything eating at 1800 calories 200 lbs nothing changed yet.. im just shitting like 5 times a day now lol and not once

but also taking this with dbol test and deca so hard to tell at this time

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    im currently 2 weeks into t3 started at 50mcg now im 80mcg I haven't not noticed anything eating at 1800 calories 200 lbs nothing changed yet.. im just shitting like 5 times a day now lol and not once

but also taking this with dbol test and deca so hard to tell at this time
    Can I ask why ur trying to cut on a bulking cycle? Also u haven't noticed any weight change or definition?

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Definitely T3.

The reason being:
    T4 does convert to T3, however it also converts into reverse T3. Reverse T3 competes with regular T3 at the same thyroid receptors, and renders them useless. So yes, by taking 200mcg T4, you may have 50mcg T3 floating around, but less of it is actually being used because some of your receptors are being blocked by reverse T3.

However, if you take just T3, it does not have any mechanism I am aware of for it to be converted into reverse T3....therefore, it will be more effective.

This is especially true if you are on caloric restriction. From what I have researched, decreased leptin levels as a result of dieting increase the conversion of T4 to reverse T3.

Hope that answers your question.
    First time I have heard this "So yes, by taking 200mcg T4, you may have 50mcg T3 floating around, but less of it is actually being used because some of your receptors are being blocked by reverse T3" but it helps me make my choice forsure. Thanks brother

Jonbana is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post
    Can I ask why ur trying to cut on a bulking cycle? Also u haven't noticed any weight change or definition?
    I'm re-comping , I like how I feel on deca ,

weight staying the same and im leaning out , and eating at 1800 calories at 200 pounds

you can cut with any AAS , I find deca sits well with me , I plan to cut till about 4-5 weeks in the ramp up calories a little when everything is running full bore

I started at 202LBS im currently 20 LBs and down 1% BF in 2 weeks

I've only ever run T4. Seems to work for me.

Thread Information