Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Capebuffalo

Thread: AAS and high bf%

Scottishjuicer18 is offline Junior Member

AAS and high bf%

Hi guys

Can someone please tell me what the risks are of taking AAS at moderate doses with a high percentage of body fat?

I'm struggling to find information on the topic

Thanks

G

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    1) Higher conversion of test to estrogen

Cupid is offline Junior Member
    Your rate of the testosterone aromatizing into estrogen will be significantly higher than someone who is at normal body fat percentages. Not being able to correctly control estrogen is where most of the problems with AAS come up.

Also, you may already have fucked up cholesterol and BP due to being overweight, and the AAS can put it over the edge.

Most importantly, if you are at a high body fat percentage - chances are you still lack either the proper knowledge of fitness or the mental and physical discipline required to really make the cycle be worth it. I am not trying to put you down or anything.....I am just being up front about about the main issue, as it is something that I did and ended up being a complete waste of money and I received the downside with virtually no upside.

If you have to cycle, why not try clen , T4, B12 or else to lose the weight. Adding muscle to fat will not be as profound as loosing fat.

nattydread is offline Junior Member
    I know it's something you don't want to hear but first lose the extra weight. Diet, cardio , and low weight high reps. Do this first and then after that extra weight is down start thinking about aas.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    If you have to cycle, why not try clen, T4, B12 or else to lose the weight. Adding muscle to fat will not be as profound as loosing fat.
    I would say most people aren't in a spot they 'have to' cycle. In my opinion, lose the weight without the cycle help. It will help you learn about your body and how it reacts to what you are doing to it through diet and training. this knowledge that you gain from your diet will help you during your cycle when putting on mass and help you keep it after.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    You're 5-8@251 lbs? From your post you have already started your cycle. What do you estimate your bf% at? For some reason I think you're 18. I hope I'm wrong.
    Marsoc likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Look in our educational threads and stickies.

Boneslapper2002 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    It does take discipline because like myself I want to start a Cycle as well but knowing the side effects "Higher conversion of test to estrogen" is not worth it. I have been busting my ass ED trying to get my %BF down and it is gradually moving, be consistent and focus on building a leaner body without the AAS that way you can stack on muscle gains to a cleaner body which in turn you will be much happier with the results. Stay focused!!!

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneslapper2002 View Post
    It does take discipline because like myself I want to start a Cycle as well but knowing the side effects "Higher conversion of test to estrogen" is not worth it. I have been busting my ass ED trying to get my %BF down and it is gradually moving, be consistent and focus on building a leaner body without the AAS that way you can stack on muscle gains to a cleaner body which in turn you will be much happier with the results. Stay focused!!!
    Are you asking because you want to cycle at a less than ideal bf? Or just for hingercof knowledge?

Boneslapper2002 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Are you asking because you want to cycle at a less than ideal bf? Or just for hingercof knowledge?
    No I will not cycle until I reach 15%-18% BF. I am letting the OP know that he is not the only one out here that wants to cycle but need to lower % BF before cycling and to stay focus because that is what I am doing. I know 18% BF is still high but this is my goal hopefully no sides.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Depends on your goals. Most powerlifters, strong men are fat cvnts and i bet they are using AAS. I hope for there sake they control their e2 nicely

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There are powerlifters that look quite fat and cycle AAS,
    but their BF can be a bit deceptive too, as they might look fatter than they really are. But regardless of that, from the post mortem studies on bodybuilders I've read, it was only the ones with elevated BF that had signs of atherosclerosis. The ones with low BF might have had a very big heart/cardiopathologic issues, but no advanced atherosclerosis.

This tells me, which is pretty logical, that carrying extra BF when using AAS predisposes u for stroke and heart attack.
    So it's not just about the extra E2 conversion.

(The main cause of death in those studies was suicide,
    but some were pretty sick, and had I been in their situation I'd contemplate suicide myself.)

Still, I know quite fat (let's say near 20%BF) powerlifters that juice and are healthy, but they don't look good. It's all about strength. Plus, they rarely use the same dosages as in bodybuilding. (They use way less, usually)

Obesity causes high blood pressure because of the extra blood vessels. The heart can suffer from one insult and become predisposed to another. The risks associated with greater vascularity of those with more musculature is offset by the benefits that exercise and training bring about.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    This shit should be a sticky

Risks regarding cardiovascular disorders and death associated with less than ideal body comp before using aas

Thread Information