Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: burning muscle?

  1. #1
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562

    burning muscle?

    Hey boys quick question
    I'm 3 weeks out from my show.
    5'7
    185lbs
    Bf%sub 6
    Cycle
    Test 1g
    Tren 600mg
    Mast 800mg

    I had a refeed last night. Not going to lie I went a little over board 3 wings, 7 hush puppies, 3 tablespoons of butter, large hand full of fries, bacon brisket burger and a giant chocolate cookie

    I figured I'd use that energy for legs today.

    I asked my buddy if I should train fasted and burn those unneeded calories off. he told me "The only muscles I'd ever train fasted is arms or shoulders and only if I had like 12% bf becuase when ur Low body fat ur body is going to use eat up ur muscle"

    Even if I drink 3 scoops of bcaa throughout it?
    What do u guys think?

  2. #2
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    3 weeks out and cheating like that?! Oh my oh my. Lol. With that much anabolics, I don't think you're going to have to worry about burning muscle. Not even an issue. I would however, as hard as it is, not even think about cheating on your diet this close to the show. When I'm in prep, I watch everything. Even the little things like oil in a pan to fry. 3 weeks out you should be really keeping tabs on every aspect of what you do. That goes for sleep, training, diet, everything. It's the small details that will determine your success. If doing fasted workouts works for you, by all means do it. No worries about anything when you have as much anabolics running as you do.

  3. #3
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Also, keep us posted on the progress and show results!

  4. #4
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    3 weeks out and cheating like that?! Oh my oh my. Lol. With that much anabolics, I don't think you're going to have to worry about burning muscle. Not even an issue. I would however, as hard as it is, not even think about cheating on your diet this close to the show. When I'm in prep, I watch everything. Even the little things like oil in a pan to fry. 3 weeks out you should be really keeping tabs on every aspect of what you do. That goes for sleep, training, diet, everything. It's the small details that will determine your success. If doing fasted workouts works for you, by all means do it. No worries about anything when you have as much anabolics running as you do.
    Ur 100% right bro. I know I fvcked up. It was bad. I felt like complete sh*t but the plus was I woke up harder and leaner this morning. Not saying that's a good thing because I know how this works. I'm going to hit a rebound later this week with water and subq fat. That was my last cheat meal from this point on. And yes I will keep u post brother. Thank you for the reply.
    BTW legs are awesome even training them fasted lol

  5. #5
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,250
    Nothing to worry about tice. It's a mind game now. Just concentrate on the end result.
    How you feeling with your current conditioning?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  6. #6
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,699
    ^^^^ This.

    When are you going to lower/drop the test?

    Getting close to start losing the water.

  7. #7
    Deal Me In's Avatar
    Deal Me In is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    600
    Help me out here. I always thought the reason for training fasted was to force the body to burn fat for energy. Is this not correct? It would seem at sub 6% you don't have much fat to burn. I understand the thought process because of all the extra calories. But if those calories are still available, meaning they haven't been turned into fat yet, wouldn't it not make a difference if you are fasted or not?

    Sorry guys, I'm not as good with the diet stuff as I should be and I'm just trying to understand. Thanks.

  8. #8
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Nothing to worry about tice. It's a mind game now. Just concentrate on the end result.
    How you feeling with your current conditioning?
    Honestly I felt like complete sh*the after eating all of that. I felt like I had a hang over. But I knew my body needed (some) of that. This morning I was much dryer, fuller and leaner. I spoke with my other bb buddy he told me I needed a redeem as well. But from here on I'm back on to strict dieting. 2 shows 4 weeks LET'S GO!

  9. #9
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    ^^^^ This.

    When are you going to lower/drop the test?

    Getting close to start losing the water.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure my coach is going to drop the test down to just prop because I'm doing
    Sust 600mg ew
    Test p 100 eod
    And I hold water like a water buffalo lol so I know I still have 8lbs of water to loss

  10. #10
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal Me In View Post
    Help me out here. I always thought the reason for training fasted was to force the body to burn fat for energy. Is this not correct? It would seem at sub 6% you don't have much fat to burn. I understand the thought process because of all the extra calories. But if those calories are still available, meaning they haven't been turned into fat yet, wouldn't it not make a difference if you are fasted or not?

    Sorry guys, I'm not as good with the diet stuff as I should be and I'm just trying to understand. Thanks.
    Great question. Because that's what I have always thought BUT after my buddy made that comment it made me double guess myself. Sh*t 3 weeks out u start double guessing life lmfao

  11. #11
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure my coach is going to drop the test down to just prop because I'm doing
    Sust 600mg ew
    Test p 100 eod
    And I hold water like a water buffalo lol so I know I still have 8lbs of water to loss
    I just signed in to ask you about this! Lol. I was wondering how you were getting by with that much test this close. I know we all respond differently. I was curious if you retained much water. I don't with test even over a gram. I was thinking you might be the same. I can't run it high leading up to the finishing touches because it does store more water than none at all, but I'm one of the few that don't retain much at all with test. Dbol is another story...

    EDIT- I train a guy that I have to cut test completely 4 weeks before show. I don't recommend for the average user to step down the dose, but that is how we do for him. I'll drop him to a TRT dose during pre-prep training then drop the test completely 3-4 weeks out.
    Last edited by PT1982; 03-11-2017 at 08:14 PM.

  12. #12
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post

    I just signed in to ask you about this! Lol. I was wondering how you were getting by with that much test this close. I know we all respond differently. I was curious if you retained much water. I don't with test even over a gram. I was thinking you might be the same. I can't run it high leading up to the finishing touches because it does store more water than none at all, but I'm one of the few that don't retain much at all with test. Dbol is another story...

    EDIT- I train a guy that I have to cut test completely 4 weeks before show. I don't recommend for the average user to step down the dose, but that is how we do for him. I'll drop him to a TRT dose during pre-prep training then drop the test completely 3-4 weeks out.
    Yeah I'm going with what my coach is telling me. I agree with what u are saying with the test. I hold a sh*t ton of water. My coach is a very well known coach (first name start with C last name A) he has me running 1mg of adex AM and 1mg PM. I have only been doing 1mg EOD because I'm scared shitless to drop my E2 levels into the dirt and feel like complete sh*t.
    I was running 50mg of adrol and 50mg of winny then he bumped me up to 100mg adrol and 100mg of winny. After 2 days I told him I had to get off the oral because my body was going toxic. I was looking though people. I mean I could kill someone. I felt myself trying not to fight or talk to people it got bad. But back to the test I hope he drops it. I know he wants to me to hold some water for strength and fullness. I jus don't know how much. I do trust him in a sense.

  13. #13
    Richard Cabeza's Avatar
    Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    418
    I agree nothing to worry about, with so much gear i doubt your body knows what being catabolic is right now haha I'd train fasted for about a week at this point and lower the test up the cardio play the sodium game to get that water retention in check stay right at the point of being almost contest ready then the week of comes the torture to really lean out and get where you want to be, at this point 3 weeks out you should have all aspects of your diet in check, refeed won't set you back it was just one meal bro, murder that shit and kill it at the show!!!!!

  14. #14
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cabeza View Post
    I agree nothing to worry about, with so much gear i doubt your body knows what being catabolic is right now haha I'd train fasted for about a week at this point and lower the test up the cardio play the sodium game to get that water retention in check stay right at the point of being almost contest ready then the week of comes the torture to really lean out and get where you want to be, at this point 3 weeks out you should have all aspects of your diet in check, refeed won't set you back it was just one meal bro, murder that shit and kill it at the show!!!!!
    Thanks brother. That's exactly what I'm going to do! Murder this shit!!!! Thanks for all the support boys. I'll keep u all posted forsure

  15. #15
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,250
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post
    My coach is a very well known coach (first name start with C last name A) he has me running 1mg of adex AM and 1mg PM. I have only been doing 1mg EOD because I'm scared shitless to drop my E2 levels into the dirt and feel like complete sh*t.
    I didn't realize he was still training guys. Good to know. I agree, that's a ton of adex this far out. Last week I can see it but not this far out, damn.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  16. #16
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    I didn't realize he was still training guys. Good to know. I agree, that's a ton of adex this far out. Last week I can see it but not this far out, damn.
    That's what I thought too! How are you feeling with that much dex Tice? Are you getting cramps or joint pain?

  17. #17
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post

    That's what I thought too! How are you feeling with that much dex Tice? Are you getting cramps or joint pain?
    No I having received any of that yet. Like I said there are things I like what he says but there is other things I just don't do. Instead of the 1mg am and pm ED I do 1mg eod like normal. No problems yet from that lol

  18. #18
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post
    No I having received any of that yet. Like I said there are things I like what he says but there is other things I just don't do. Instead of the 1mg am and pm ED I do 1mg eod like normal. No problems yet from that lol
    I'm going to keep following along. I might get some pointers for my clientele as well. Just keep updating and posting any issues that may arise. I hope you can nail it bud! I'll give any advice that I can if need be.

  19. #19
    DocToxin8's Avatar
    DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Land of the screwed
    Posts
    2,157
    2 mg adex daily. Not a showman but in me, adex works quickly.
    When I take it (usually 0,25-0,5mg) I noticed decreased water retention within 3-4 hours. So starting 2mg daily 3 weeks out sounds excessive.

    The only reasoning I can see is that when driving down E2 to near nothing it's easier to lose SubQ fat tissue.

    Another thing though, doesn't adex have a maximum/ceiling effect on aromatase? I thought 1mg ED would inhibit aromatase about 80%.
    Would 2mg inhibit it that much more?
    (Been some time since I read up on adex and I'm too lazy now)

  20. #20
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,699
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure my coach is going to drop the test down to just prop because I'm doing
    Sust 600mg ew
    Test p 100 eod
    And I hold water like a water buffalo lol so I know I still have 8lbs of water to loss
    Well, right now you need to get your head game in and trust your coach, but you need to tell him what you are doing. If you are not doing what he says for you to do regarding AI do discuss it with him, the worse is your coach thinking you are doing exactly as he said, and you arent.

    So not going to say or critique anything about it, it will not help you now.

    Hes he put you on muffins yet? hehehe

  21. #21
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

    Well, right now you need to get your head game in and trust your coach, but you need to tell him what you are doing. If you are not doing what he says for you to do regarding AI do discuss it with him, the worse is your coach thinking you are doing exactly as he said, and you arent.

    So not going to say or critique anything about it, it will not help you now.

    Hes he put you on muffins yet? hehehe
    Ur 100% right boss. I'm going to start the adex at 2mg a day today.

  22. #22
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562
    BTW I sent in my progress pictures this morning and he added in a bagel steak and rice pre workout and a burger and frie post workout. So me doing that refeed without him knowing was key. I dropped down 2lbs since that 181 to 179 today. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •