guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member

T3-high prolactin

The wife has been on t3 for a couple months. Her doctor told her that her thyroid and prolactin levels where high. She went because she's having periods more frequent and longer than normal. Should I give her some caber...lol
    Can t3 effect prolactin? I read where hypothyroidism can effect the pituitary gland, so I would think so

Yeah thats definitely a possibility G. There has been lonks between hypothryroidism and hyperprolactinemia. I came across it when the wife started the t3. She has actually had the opposite effect, less and shorter menstruation which i found rather odd.

And actually yes, you can give her caber. Works on lowerimg prolactin in women just the same as men. I actually ran that by my doc before the wife started just in case- i have a love for deca so usually have caber and prami on hand.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    The wife has been on t3 for a couple months. Her doctor told her that her thyroid and prolactin levels where high. She went because she's having periods more frequent and longer than normal. Should I give her some caber...lol
    Can t3 effect prolactin? I read where hypothyroidism can effect the pituitary gland, so I would think so
    How much T3? High as in hyperthyroidism or hypo (high TSH)?

The very signal from the hypothalamus (TRH) stimulating TSH release can also tell the lactotrophe cell to secrete some prolactin, that's why mild hyperprolactinemia is a common finding in overt hypothyroidism (more rarely in subclinical forms).

The excess prolactin will then interfere with GNrH signaling leading to alterations in FSH and LH responses, thus the regular menstrual pattern will be disturbed as a result, or low T can happen in males.

Proper treatment with thyroid hormones and lowering of TSH is enough to correct the high prolactin if hypothyroidism is the main factor implied in it obviously.

Thread Information