jaredb909 is offline New Member

Question TRT and liver issues #2

Alright I’ve posted before with weird issues I’ve had with my liver and TRT . I’m not going to explain my past history with my liver but you can read my previous thread that has all that . Anyways about 4-5 months ago AST and ALT were all with in normal range . Bilirubin was at 1.6 and has never been lower since I’ve had my liver issues . They say I now have Gilbert’s syndrome and not to worry about my bilirubin unless it shoots way up . I also had a ultra sound and they said my liver looked completely normal and I could even start drinking alcohol again which I still have not done . ( been two years ) . So now here is the issue I’m having . My doctor has me on TRT with test cyponiate at 100mgs a week . That’s puts me around 1000-1050 for total testosterone . For two or three months that’s what it was and then I noticed my estridol sensitive was 45. I had some symptoms of high / low estrogen so I started 0.25 mg twice a week of Anastrozole . I started to feel better and went in to do my regular blood work and my total T came back at 575 . I was hoping it was an error so I went in the follow day and then it came back at 1400 . Then one more time 2 days after that and same thing 1400 . My ALT was 51 and my bilirubin went up to 2.2 . My estrogen also was at 9 which yes I know is to low and I since decided to stop the AI because it’s going to be imposing to dial in my estrogen with my testosterone fluctuations. Also I’m wondering if this issue has something to do with the AI . My last blood work :
    Free test : 13.1
    Total test :692
    TSH: 0.526
    SHBG: 36.2
    AST:29
    ALT:48
    Bilirubin: 2.2
    WBC:5.4
    RBC:5.46
    Hemoglobin:16.3
    Hemocrit:45.8
    MCV:84
    MCH:29.9
    MCHC:35.6
    RDW:12.6
    Platelets:234
    MPV:9.7

Still waiting on the updated estrogen test and they were going to test my thyroid and they were going to see if I have any type of insulin resistance.

They are stumped on what’s going on as am I and I’ve had this exact problem happen before and before I wasn’t taking any AI I was just on test prop with total t around 1000. I eventually had to stop taking it because ALT and AST and bilirubin all went up way to high . I’m really trying to figure out what could be going on before I have to stop TRT again . This will be my 3rd attempt.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry, read everything but couldn't quite understand what was the question. MDs were stumped with what?

What lead to hypogonadism and TRT so young?

My total T fluctuations. From 1400-575 with in a day . If I did blood work every day of the week it would be all over the place . This usually happens after about 3-4 months of being on TRT and after about 5-6 months my liver values climb high enough that I have to go off .

Liver has nothing to with it.

The day after your injection value is much higher than 2 days later.
    Also labs values can have mistakes, or fluctuate a bit. Or even your injection might have been affected, different muscles and depths of injection can have different absorption rates.

Last edited by Mr.BB; 07-17-2018 at 09:29 PM.

New blood work came in from the other day .
    Sodium 137 mmol/L 134 - 144 mmol/L
    Potassium 4.4 mmol/L 3.5 - 5.2 mmol/L
    Chloride 101 mmol/L 97 - 108 mmol/L
    CO2 26 mmol/L 18 - 29 mmol/L
    BUN 29.1 mg/dL 6.0 - 20.0 mg/dL
    Creatinine 0.94 mg/dL 0.76 - 1.27 mg/dL
    Glucose, Serum 104 mg/dL 60 - 99 mg/dL
    Calcium 9.8 mg/dL 8.5 - 10.1 mg/dL
    AST 24 U/L 0 - 50 U/L
    ALT 49 U/L 0 - 44 U/L
    Alkaline Phosphatase 87 U/L 25 - 150 U/L
    Total Protein 7.2 g/dL 6.4 - 8.4 g/dL
    eGFR 108 mL/min >60 mL/min
    Albumin 4.7 g/dL 3.4 - 5.0 g/dL
    Bilirubin, Total 2.2 mg/dL 0.0 - 1.2 mg/dL
    BUN/Creatinine Ratio 31.0 7.0 - 24.0

You should draw blood with a 12 hour fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    You should draw blood with a 12 hour fast.
    That is with a 12 hour fast

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb909 View Post
    That is with a 12 hour fast
    Why is your blood sugar high? Diabetes?

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Do you do drugs ? Do you take any oral AAS ? What’s your bf% ?
    Testosterone injections will NOT effect
    Your liver. Something else is going on in your body and this is something you need to speak with your doctor about. TRT really doesn’t play a role with the liver.

here is what I see....
    you are normally 1000 on 100mgs....
    you started taking an AI and your test went up and estrogen down.... (that is exactly what you would expect)

your alt and ast go up when you take an AI because it is an oral medication.... (that is exactly what you would expect)

your 575 reading was an error.

(however, to be honest, I have trouble believing all of this because, how on earth do you get bloodwork drawn and results back on the same day?)

I have no idea why my blood sugar is high . Never been diagnosed with diabetes before .

No drugs , no orals and no alcohol. BF% is probably around 15%

The 575 reading was not an error . I’ve had a lot of blood work over the last 2 years and this has happened multiple times usually starting around 3-4 months into TRT . Last time NO AI was used at all and I had the same problem. So no I don’t think estrogen has anything to do with it . Even if it did there is no way that would cause my total t to flucuate from 575 to 1400 then back down to 695 in 4 days .

You must use privateMD for your labs ? My insurance pays for mine and I can go when ever I want . Takes 24 hours for the results . These labs were takin a week ago by the way .

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb909 View Post
    I have no idea why my blood sugar is high . Never been diagnosed with diabetes before .

No drugs , no orals and no alcohol. BF% is probably around 15%

The 575 reading was not an error . I’ve had a lot of blood work over the last 2 years and this has happened multiple times usually starting around 3-4 months into TRT . Last time NO AI was used at all and I had the same problem. So no I don’t think estrogen has anything to do with it . Even if it did there is no way that would cause my total t to flucuate from 575 to 1400 then back down to 695 in 4 days .

You must use privateMD for your labs ? My insurance pays for mine and I can go when ever I want . Takes 24 hours for the results . These labs were takin a week ago by the way .
    You must have good Insurance haha

How often are you pinning a week ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post
    How often are you pinning a week ?
    I work for the city so yeah amazing insurance. I pin twice a week .

Thread Information