Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: In search of help, I REALLY need it. (Younger dudes please listen to the advice here)

  1. #1
    ENGAGEnRAGE is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6

    In search of help, I REALLY need it. (Younger dudes please listen to the advice here)

    Hey, first of all,

    Let me tell you, if you are young and trying to get big, listen to this forum and DO NOT think about it. It will fuck your life up.

    I'm 29 years old, I'm 6'6" and now 290lbs.

    I come from a pretty wealthy family and used to follow everything my big brother did. I fucked up, bad. My brother is ~5 years older than myself. He 'informed me' of all the necessary precautions with PCT etc. essentially I wanted to be big like big brother and followed the wrong steps.

    I'm well aware I was far too young to be taking hormones (I was 18 years old).

    I'm now 29 years old with a natural free test of 105 on a good day.

    I'm currently being prescribed 200 test-c every other week through a physician which in the past 4 months elevated my TEST levels to 284.

    I've been VERY DEPRESSED, I need help. I have some direct connections in the health care field (father is a surgeon) but he doesn't understand my situation. Am I just fucked? There has to be something or someone that can help me..

    Any advice is truly appreciated.

    Coll
    Last edited by ENGAGEnRAGE; 08-09-2018 at 05:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,857
    Sorry to hear of your situation but there is solution, although it will require you injecting testosterone till the end of your life.

    Of course having your full hormonal blood work would help a lot, even in analysing different risks possible causes.

    But if you are already in TRT start injecting 50mg twice a week, basically splitting the dosage in 4 and spreading it each 3.5 days. For this 1st month ask your dad to prescribe you proviron and take 50mg with breakfast. Pretty sure this will help with your depression, when you feel better start exercising it will also help a ton.

    Are you on any antidepressants?

  3. #3
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    1,448
    Can we add this to the "young and steroids " thread OP? If you don't mind.it may help others

  4. #4
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,446
    Quote Originally Posted by ENGAGEnRAGE View Post
    I'm currently being prescribed 200 test-c every other week through a physician which in the past 4 months elevated my TEST levels to 284.
    We can assume that number is at trough level? Meaning about two weeks after your shot but before you next one. That explains why your T is low. Test has a much shorter half life and needs to be injected more frequently as BB advised. Take a look at this chart and this will give you an idea of exactly what is happening and why it's important to inject more frequently.



    So, you're not F'd, you're just on a crap protocol because your doctor doesn't understand hormones. He's dosing you on the terminal life of test which puts you on a hormonal roller coaster as pictured above. Do what BB said and you'll be fine. Hell, even 100 per week would be a big improvement but 50 every 3.5 even better.

    Let us know what you do and how it goes please!
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by ENGAGEnRAGE View Post
    Hey, first of all,

    Let me tell you, if you are young and trying to get big, listen to this forum and DO NOT think about it. It will fuck your life up.

    I'm 29 years old, I'm 6'6" and now 290lbs.

    I come from a pretty wealthy family and used to follow everything my big brother did. I fucked up, bad. My brother is ~5 years older than myself. He 'informed me' of all the necessary precautions with PCT etc. essentially I wanted to be big like big brother and followed the wrong steps.

    I'm well aware I was far too young to be taking hormones (I was 18 years old).

    I'm now 29 years old with a natural free test of 105 on a good day.

    I'm currently being prescribed 200 test-c every other week through a physician which in the past 4 months elevated my TEST levels to 284.

    I've been VERY DEPRESSED, I need help. I have some direct connections in the health care field (father is a surgeon) but he doesn't understand my situation. Am I just fucked? There has to be something or someone that can help me..

    Any advice is truly appreciated. I can't believe I was even able to write this.

    Coll
    How long were you off any sort of juice or meds before you tested your natural levels? Were you off for years and that was still your natural level? Ive seen very few cases where the body didnt bring itself back after an extended period of time. And thats without any pct. With pct, unless you really did something outrageous, its a surprise, to me at least, you are having that issue at such a young age

  6. #6
    ENGAGEnRAGE is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6
    Thank you ALL for the responses it was refreshing to finally reach out a bit more for some better advice.

    Yes, it's been many years since I have been on any type of hormone. I have been suffering with depression for sure, and just recently (last 6 months) got on anti-depressants. I have been splitting it to 100mg every week, but I will split it into twice a week from this point forward, and will look into the Proviron recommendation.

    I'll be taking another full panel test in about 3-4 weeks and I'll continue to update here with results.

    Again, thanks for the kind replies.

  7. #7
    ENGAGEnRAGE is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6
    Yeah, No problem Couchlockd.

  8. #8
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    1,624
    One extra thing to consider. SSRIs are just fine but one needs to watch their prolactin. I think this is the mechanism by which sexual problems develop. The worst is prozac and zoloft isn't bad. I haven't looked into which ones raise it the most; likely it is proprietary information. However, it would follow that the ones which cause least dysfunction have least prolactin elevation.
    When I started TRT my depression/anxiety subsided but my irritability increased. One can deal with irritability. It is good that you are on the right path and have resources available.

  9. #9
    Test Monsterone is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    102
    Wait, are you 290 fat or jacked, or a little of both? lol... sorry don't mean to make light of your situation. It would seem logical that at your hormonal levels, you'd have depression, no doubt about it. I have been dealing with it and my levels are almost 200 points over yours.

    I agree you should not be injecting so far apart. You should do it twice a week, like BB said. At those low levels I'm assuming you got blood work right before your next injection? Anyway, good luck and keep us posted!

  10. #10
    ENGAGEnRAGE is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6
    I'm 40-50 lbs overweight. I also have a TON of stress, anxiety, depression, sleep problems plus the super low T it's been a storm I've been living in for many years and pray it gets better. I have great insurance and an amazing job, I guess I just need the right kind of help medically. I live in Orlando, FL if anyone has any suggestions for providers.

  11. #11
    theBrewmeister is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by ENGAGEnRAGE View Post
    I'm 40-50 lbs overweight. I also have a TON of stress, anxiety, depression, sleep problems plus the super low T it's been a storm I've been living in for many years and pray it gets better. I have great insurance and an amazing job, I guess I just need the right kind of help medically. I live in Orlando, FL if anyone has any suggestions for providers.
    Be careful with the ssri, they can cause all sorts of other issues that'll only make things worse.

    Also, keep a close eye on your bloods. TRT can elevate your RBC and hematocrit, making your blood thicker. Sleep apnea will do the same, if that's one of your sleep issues.

    Also, taking testosterone while being overweight can cause your test to aromatise into estradiol much more, since the enzyme is concentrated in body fat. Elevated estradiol can itself cause mood and sleep issues. You'll want to keep that in check, i.e. <50, and you'll probably need an AI until you get your weight down.

    My advice, get Jay Campbell's book Testosterone Optmization Therapy Bible, and educate yourself fully on optimizing your hormones. Then, get a script for metformin, fix your diet, and get back into the gym. Lose weight and build muscle. These two things, coupled with testosterone therapy will fix you. You'll feel better, sleep better, and most importantly, you'll be healthier. Just avoid the temptation to start juicing again

  12. #12
    ENGAGEnRAGE is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by theBrewmeister View Post
    Be careful with the ssri, they can cause all sorts of other issues that'll only make things worse.

    Also, keep a close eye on your bloods. TRT can elevate your RBC and hematocrit, making your blood thicker. Sleep apnea will do the same, if that's one of your sleep issues.

    Also, taking testosterone while being overweight can cause your test to aromatise into estradiol much more, since the enzyme is concentrated in body fat. Elevated estradiol can itself cause mood and sleep issues. You'll want to keep that in check, i.e. <50, and you'll probably need an AI until you get your weight down.

    My advice, get Jay Campbell's book Testosterone Optmization Therapy Bible, and educate yourself fully on optimizing your hormones. Then, get a script for metformin, fix your diet, and get back into the gym. Lose weight and build muscle. These two things, coupled with testosterone therapy will fix you. You'll feel better, sleep better, and most importantly, you'll be healthier. Just avoid the temptation to start juicing again


    Extremely helpful, thank you! You nailed it, I have a problem going to sleep and also with apnea. I do use a CPAP.

    Thank you for this information - I will purchase that book tonight through Amazon. Sounds like a good proactive, healthy investment.

  13. #13
    ENGAGEnRAGE is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6
    Here are my results from a little over 2 months ago for anyone curious. I also recently got a HIDA scan done showing gallbladder working at 27% (chronic gallbladder disease).

    In search of help, I REALLY need it. (Younger dudes please listen to the advice here)-1.pngIn search of help, I REALLY need it. (Younger dudes please listen to the advice here)-2.pngIn search of help, I REALLY need it. (Younger dudes please listen to the advice here)-3.pngIn search of help, I REALLY need it. (Younger dudes please listen to the advice here)-4.png

  14. #14
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,446
    What are you doing for your cholesterol and liver values?

    If I were you I'd cut out all the local docs and clinics and contact Dr. John Crisler in Michigan (All Things Male). You do not have to see him in person and he can use your most current BW to begin helping you. He's one of the best in the country.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •