Meloncap78 is offline Associate Member

For future reference/Fat gain

Not sure where to post this so I’ll ask here. I am simply curious and that’s really the only reason I’m asking. Is it a real possibility to have a decent training routine and diet and move up in bodyweight at a conservative pace (.5-1lb weekly) and have most if not all of the gains be fat. If this is a real possibility what could be the potential circumstances surrounding this type of outcome? I feel like this is a good question and one that I have never seen posted before. I have seen posts about fat overload on dreamer bulks gaining 2-3 pounds a week and that answer is clear.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Of course, diet alone does not promote muscle growth, you need adequate training stimulus for that. Otherwise it will just be fat

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Meloncap78 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    Of course, diet alone does not promote muscle growth, you need adequate training stimulus for that. Otherwise it will just be fat

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
    What determines adequate training. Say you are doing a 5 day split. 2 legs days, one ham and one quad, a push, pull and upper while training hard and eating enough to gain .5 pounds a week. Then after 3 months you have nothing but 6 extra pounds of fat. Would it be simply a matter of you thought you were training hard enough but you weren't and every extra calorie went directly to fat instead of promoting any new lean tissue growth?

Thread Information