Results 1 to 29 of 29
Like Tree29Likes
  • 1 Post By Jayd85
  • 2 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 3 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 2 Post By balance
  • 3 Post By GearHeaded
  • 4 Post By Obs
  • 3 Post By Family_guy

Thread: Insulin NOOB advice

  1. #1
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    785

    Insulin NOOB advice

    The more I read the more I’m fascinated. I’ll admit to being a little freaked out, dare I say scared of fucking it up. I already am naturally hypo so just want to be safe. Been doing research and there seems to be a lot of “bro science” circulating the web.

    My questions are below...

    Is short acting the way to go? If so, is 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off best advised? Walmart now has a program in place where you can buy insulin OTC without an RX. However it’s considered “human and not analog”. Is that an option? I’ve read some of the stickies and can’t seem to figure out the best brand, correct dosing schedule and I.u.’s per day. There seems to be “pens” available as well as types that need to be reconstituted. I’m an experienced AAS user but will freely admit to knowing jack shit about insulin.

    Never did I think it would be an option but after reading about nutrient partitioning and it’s ability to impact glucose and amino acids into cells it almost seems to have more impact than AAS. I can see how the combination can be incredibly impactful on muscle development.

    Can anyone share their experience or recommendations on how they administer, length of therapy, timing and foods they coordinate with injections? I know that’s a mouth full, but this is the place to ask so here I am.

    Lastly is the “human” version (non analog) that’s OTC an option or is ordering online a better option? Seems fucking an easy to walk into Wally World without an RX and ask for it (that is if no one is busy shooting the place up, what a fucking world we live in).

    I digress...

    Any help would be appreciated

  2. #2
    Jayd85's Avatar
    Jayd85 is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    82
    I get the novolin R from Walmart and thatís all I have ever used with great luck. Hereís a link. This is where Iíd start.

    Insulin Use For Bodybuilding - question/answer thread
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...2&share_type=t
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

  3. #3
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,425
    Blog Entries
    1
    Fast acting such as novalin R is the way to start.
    Rapid acting takes a script. It just peaks harder and faster bit doesnt stay in the system as long.

    Fast acting is a little more gradual and hangs out a couple hours longer.

  4. #4
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,425
    Blog Entries
    1
    http://forums.steroid.com/educationa...k-insulin.html


    Here is a great beginner thread.
    This guy worked hard on it.

    As you advance you will want to get more complex with it though.

  5. #5
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,425
    Blog Entries
    1
    Btw... Humulin R and novalin R are the same basically (Fast)

    Humalog and novalog are the same basically. (Rapid)
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

  6. #6
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Btw... Humulin R and novalin R are the same basically (Fast)

    Humalog and novalog are the same basically. (Rapid)

    Awesome, thanks Obs
    Obs likes this.

  7. #7
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayd85 View Post
    I get the novolin R from Walmart and that’s all I have ever used with great luck. Here’s a link. This is where I’d start.

    Insulin Use For Bodybuilding - question/answer thread
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...2&share_type=t
    Thank you Jay D!
    Jayd85 likes this.

  8. #8
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,425
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Awesome, thanks Obs
    Insulin will blow you up fast in 8 weeks. You will love it.
    balance likes this.

  9. #9
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    http://forums.steroid.com/educationa...k-insulin.html


    Here is a great beginner thread.
    This guy worked hard on it.

    As you advance you will want to get more complex with it though.

    Holy shit, I knew this was intense. Reading that sticky made it even more intense.

    Question...how long until the fault of the insulin begin to show up? Is there a notice in strength or just size and muscle volume? How long do you stay on? Time with an AAS cycle?
    Obs likes this.

  10. #10
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,425
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Holy shit, I knew this was intense. Reading that sticky made it even more intense.

    Question...how long until the fault of the insulin begin to show up? Is there a notice in strength or just size and muscle volume? How long do you stay on? Time with an AAS cycle?
    I used it as a bridge with trt dose between cycles.

    I was at the end of a heavy tren run and I thought I had squeezed out all the growth I could. I was just at a plateau I couldnt break.

    Then once off the tren I added 10lbs rapidly with slin and trt at 10-20 iu 2-3 x per day. I could not believe it. That was the moment I started to take shape instead of just size.

    Since I have experimented with brief bursts of 80iu per day with well over 1000 grams of carbs. I simply do not have the time to devote to that protocol though. It is injecting 10iu every two hours 8 times per day and literally constantly eating. That is nothing you need to try beginning or until you know exactly how you handle slin.

    Always have an unlimited supply of fast acting carbs such as grape juice and sugar/glucose.

    Start with 5iu and see how you handle it then maybe move to ten iu.

    You can time it 5iu pre workout and 5 post with a preworkout carb shake and intra and post or pretty much any variation you choose as long as you have the carbs to cover it.

    Its not as dangerous as one might think due to people being overly dramatic.

    It is the next level for a guy that is having trouble gaining anymore with AAS .

    Insulin reaction time depend on the type of insulin and the person. Carb reqirements vary as well so go slow.

    If you get sweaty shaky weak and sudden hunger you best be chugging some juice quick.
    Last edited by Obs; 08-15-2019 at 10:45 PM.
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

  11. #11
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I used it as a bride with trt dose between cycles.

    I was at the end of a heavy tren run and I thought I had squeezed out all the growth I could. I was just at a plateau I couldnt break.

    Then once off the tren I added 10lbs rapidly with sin and trt at 10-20 iu 2-3 x per day. I could not believe it. That was the moment I started to take shape instead of just size.

    Since I have experimented with brief bursts of 80iu per day with well over 1000 grams of carbs. I simply do not have the time to devote to that protocol though. It is injecting 10iu every two hours 8 times per day and literally constantly eating. That is nothing you need to try beginning or until you know exactly how you handle slin.

    Always have an unlimited supply of fast acting carbs such as grape juice and sugar/glucose.

    Start with 5iu and see how you handle it then maybe move to ten iu.

    You can time it 5iu pre workout and 5 post with a preworkout carb shake and intra and post or pretty much any variation you choose as long as you have the carbs to cover it.

    Its not as dangerous as one might think due to people being overly dramatic.

    It is the next level for a guy that is having trouble gaining anymore with AAS .

    Insulin reaction time depend on the type of insulin and the person. Carb reqirements vary as well so go slow.

    If you get sweaty shaky weak and sudden hunger you best be chugging some juice quick.
    Gonna give it a rip for 8 weeks with my TRY dose and like you said in small dosages. Gonna gran the non scripted Humulin R. You keep glucose tablets on hand too? Last question (no promises) if you do 5 pre workout are you drinking a shake while you’re lifting?
    Obs likes this.

  12. #12
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,425
    Blog Entries
    1
    By always have carbs I mean load up your gym bag, your vehicles, your work locker or desk... If you can fit sugar in it and are around it every day then load it up.

  13. #13
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,425
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Gonna give it a rip for 8 weeks with my TRY dose and like you said in small dosages. Gonna gran the non scripted Humulin R. You keep glucose tablets on hand too? Last question (no promises) if you do 5 pre workout are you drinking a shake while you’re lifting?
    I don't do that protocol but a lotta guys do.
    I just do pre when I do with 10iu and drink a mass gainer shake etc on the way to gym and drink gatorade at gym during workout.
    There are much better options for intra workout shake if you have a long workout.

    My protocols look like shit because life gets in my way. I am really no one to base any protocol off of.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

  14. #14
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,425
    Blog Entries
    1
    GH has a good pre and post workout protocol for slin

  15. #15
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    GH has a good pre and post workout protocol for slin
    I think it’s the one Jay D posted. Need to read them both again. Not going to take this lightly

  16. #16
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I don't do that protocol but a lotta guys do.
    I just do pre when I do with 10iu and drink a mass gainer shake etc on the way to gym and drink gatorade at gym during workout.
    There are much better options for intra workout shake if you have a long workout.

    My protocols look like shit because life gets in my way. I am really no one to base any protocol off of.
    Well you’re still here and you’re looking good. Doing something fucking right

  17. #17
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    5,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Fast acting such as novalin R is the way to start.
    Rapid acting takes a script. It just peaks harder and faster bit doesnt stay in the system as long.

    Fast acting is a little more gradual and hangs out a couple hours longer.
    just a quick correction here obs.. and tons of guys don't realize this and often mistake the "R" in Novalin R to stand for "rapid" .. it does NOT though.. the R stands for "regular" . Novalin R is a regular acting insulin , which is 'fast' in regards to having a 30 min kick in time ,, but it is not 'rapid' like a humalog would be . its supposed to be more 'regular' like natural insulin works. its also one of the safest and why its one of only few that are sold over the counter with no script.


    also the reason I prefer it , is that its fast enough to illicit an immediate loading of nutrients response to use pre workout, but it also lasts long enough (second peak 2 hours later), to keep driving nutrients over time (allowing for more of your food to be digested and enter the blood stream).
    where as a rapid acting insulin simply is just loading whatever is available in the blood stream at that immediate time.. the regular acting slin allows you to put more nutrients in (eg., sipping on an intra workout nutrition shake over an hour long workout consisting of Carbs, EAAs, Creatine, Glycerol, Glutamine, etc. .. then having a post workout meal later).
    rapid acting is great for an immediate hit of carbs though and will have less spill over. its more timing precise (so less likely to get fat on rapid acting for your guys that are worried about that)
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 08-16-2019 at 06:24 AM.
    Family_guy likes this.

  18. #18
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,425
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    just a quick correction here obs.. and tons of guys don't realize this and often mistake the "R" in Novalin R to stand for "rapid" .. it does NOT though.. the R stands for "regular" . Novalin R is a regular acting insulin , which is 'fast' in regards to having a 30 min kick in time ,, but it is not 'rapid' like a humalog would be . its supposed to be more 'regular' like natural insulin works. its also one of the safest and why its one of only few that are sold over the counter with no script.


    also the reason I prefer it , is that its fast enough to illicit an immediate loading of nutrients response to use pre workout, but it also lasts long enough (second peak 2 hours later), to keep driving nutrients over time (allowing for more of your food to be digested and enter the blood stream).
    where as a rapid acting insulin simply is just loading whatever is available in the blood stream at that immediate time.. the regular acting slin allows you to put more nutrients in (eg., sipping on an intra workout nutrition shake over an hour long workout consisting of Carbs, EAAs, Creatine, Glycerol, Glutamine, etc. .. then having a post workout meal later).
    rapid acting is great for an immediate hit of carbs though and will have less spill over. its more timing precise (so less likely to get fat on rapid acting for your guys that are worried about that)
    Nvm I was wrong.

    See why I dont give advice very often
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Insulin NOOB advice-screenshot_2019-08-16-07-31-21.png   Insulin NOOB advice-screenshot_2019-08-16-07-29-49.png   Insulin NOOB advice-screenshot_2019-08-16-07-35-19.png  
    Last edited by Obs; 08-16-2019 at 06:41 AM.

  19. #19
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    5,257
    yes Novalin R is 'fast' acting , or 'short' acting its referred to often times .. my only point was that the R in the Novalin R stands for "regular" , not for 'Rapid' . its a regular insulin , as opposed to say a basal insulin. its action is 'short' or 'fast' as opposed to a humalog that is 'rapid' .
    that terminology is often times confusing . we are saying the same thing, refrererring to Novalin as fast , but its also regular and its also not rapid

  20. #20
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    5,257
    regular insulin is more close to our natural insulin.. where as a lantus basal insulin has been structurally altered to allow for a super slow absorption over a 24 hour period. Novalin R , is a 'regular' insulin that is 'fast acting'

  21. #21
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,425
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yes you are correct

  22. #22
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Yes you are correct
    Thank you to you both. I would’ne even consider it without this community, and two are a massive part of it. Appreciate the advice from you both
    Last edited by SampsonandDelilah; 08-16-2019 at 07:39 AM.
    Obs and balance like this.

  23. #23
    balance is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    259

    Insulin NOOB advice

    Obs

    You mentioned trt (actually really surprised me) while adding slin. The 10 lbs you gained were fairly lean mass?

    Iím not really looking to run slin but I always enjoy learning from you guys. Do most guys that run slin add lean mass or is it kind of soft gains (thinking along lines of say creatine). I remember many years ago before running gear I used creatine. For me creatine did add a quick 10 lbs it was really quite soft gains. These types of gains are not what I was after so I discontinued use and never looked back. Just wondering if slin is more purely glycogen loading in the muscle or it too smooths physique out?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GearHeaded and Obs like this.

  24. #24
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    5,257
    Quote Originally Posted by balance View Post
    Obs

    You mentioned trt (actually really surprised me) while adding slin. The 10 lbs you gained were fairly lean mass?

    I’m not really looking to run slin but I always enjoy learning from you guys. Do most guys that run slin add lean mass or is it kind of soft gains (thinking along lines of say creatine). I remember many years ago before running gear I used creatine. For me creatine did add a quick 10 lbs it was really quite soft gains. These types of gains are not what I was after so I discontinued use and never looked back. Just wondering if slin is more purely glycogen loading in the muscle or it too smooths physique out?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    look at Charger .. he gained like 25 pounds of lean shredded hard contest stage weight since implementing Insulin into his protocol (dropped AI's added insulin, grew like a weed).
    insulin builds actual muscle through various factors . the muscle gained isn't 'soft' , muscle tissue is muscle tissue .

    look at how hard Ronnie Coleman is here - a known insulin user
    Insulin NOOB advice-main-qimg-64beb07d50378808ff2ba9d3ccdcf506-c.jpeg
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 08-16-2019 at 03:08 PM.
    SampsonandDelilah, balance and Obs like this.

  25. #25
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,425
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by balance View Post
    Obs

    You mentioned trt (actually really surprised me) while adding slin. The 10 lbs you gained were fairly lean mass?

    I’m not really looking to run slin but I always enjoy learning from you guys. Do most guys that run slin add lean mass or is it kind of soft gains (thinking along lines of say creatine). I remember many years ago before running gear I used creatine. For me creatine did add a quick 10 lbs it was really quite soft gains. These types of gains are not what I was after so I discontinued use and never looked back. Just wondering if slin is more purely glycogen loading in the muscle or it too smooths physique out?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with GH.

    I have always looked at mass this way....(not always but for a while)

    If you add 20lbs in a cycle and carry most of it the last four weeks of the cycle, it will come of as fast as you got it once you hit pct.

    If you carried that mass the last four weeks of the same cycle and instead hit trt/cruise and slin you will likely add more mass.

    Muscle hardens out and your body becomes accustomed to the mass. It is much much much harder to lose mass you have carried a year than mass you only carried a few weeks.

    This is another reason cycling makes absolutely zero sense to me and why I tell people thinking about cycling to think of it as a marriage. If a guy is just wanting to look and feel good six months of the year then by all mean cycle.

    Fact is though without blasting and cruising you wont get the mass seen on stage. Advanced will mean blasting and bridging higher and higher.

    The body does not want the extra mass and fights it at every turn. It takes a long time of carrying mass before the body accepts that you weigh 200 instead of 180.

    If you run slin 8 weeks and drop it without a replacement factor then yes you will lose quite a bit.

    One thing GH has said is there is intra cellular and extra cellular water. Intracellular water in muscle is.... Muscle.

    Extracellular is just water retention.
    You may need to deload glycogen stores a bit by lowering dosages of AAS and rotating compounds, but it all comes back in a hurry due to muscle memory.

    I was recently out of the gym three weeks eatin 1-2 meals per day and busting ass in the heat.

    I was so flat I was going psychotic with self hatred and disgust with no way to vent it as I couldn't go to the gym.

    Less than one week back at the gym with ample food, slin, and gear put me right back or close.

    In This same scenario if I hadn't carried 230lbs+ for a year or better and had only just gotten it a few weeks before my three week bout I would have struggled weeks to get back and I would have rapidly lost a lot more.

    Its not all glycogen and water but personally I wouldnt stay off slin very long. Its cheap and effectuve and as GH said it creates new tissue.
    Just as AAS increases nitrogen retention and protein synthesis, Insulin puts your carbs to work on a whole new level and rams nutrients into your cells.

    For optimal growth both would be suggested.

    This is my opinion btw. I dont do science, just my take on it.
    Last edited by Obs; 08-16-2019 at 03:56 PM.

  26. #26
    Ashop's Avatar
    Ashop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,539
    Its my opinion for the recreational bodybuilder/ athlete who doesn't compete its best to just leave insulin use alone.

  27. #27
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashop View Post
    Its my opinion for the recreational bodybuilder/ athlete who doesn't compete its best to just leave insulin use alone.

    The juice isn’t worth the squeeze? Or just complicated in terms of the overall management and the health risk/reward ratios? Just trying to understand the rationale...

  28. #28
    shaunjohn242002's Avatar
    shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    260
    Old boy told me backstage before we went out his protocol. 5 iu slin and dropped it two weeks out. He was fucking shredded. Fascinated me ever since. I’ve used it on multiple occasions with fantastic results and skin splitting pumps. You will enjoy sir

  29. #29
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I used it as a bridge with trt dose between cycles.

    I was at the end of a heavy tren run and I thought I had squeezed out all the growth I could. I was just at a plateau I couldnt break.

    Then once off the tren I added 10lbs rapidly with slin and trt at 10-20 iu 2-3 x per day. I could not believe it. That was the moment I started to take shape instead of just size.

    Since I have experimented with brief bursts of 80iu per day with well over 1000 grams of carbs. I simply do not have the time to devote to that protocol though. It is injecting 10iu every two hours 8 times per day and literally constantly eating. That is nothing you need to try beginning or until you know exactly how you handle slin.

    Always have an unlimited supply of fast acting carbs such as grape juice and sugar/glucose.

    Start with 5iu and see how you handle it then maybe move to ten iu.

    You can time it 5iu pre workout and 5 post with a preworkout carb shake and intra and post or pretty much any variation you choose as long as you have the carbs to cover it.

    Its not as dangerous as one might think due to people being overly dramatic.

    It is the next level for a guy that is having trouble gaining anymore with AAS .

    Insulin reaction time depend on the type of insulin and the person. Carb reqirements vary as well so go slow.

    If you get sweaty shaky weak and sudden hunger you best be chugging some juice quick.
    I learned this the hard way right before work one morning...Obs had told me “just don’t take on fats with your carb meal it will slow digestion” well I used like 7 iu of novolog just experimenting like I do with everything. Took it upon waking and I figured ok I’m eating over 100g of carbs I should be fine. Well shit on the way to work I felt drunk. I had to stop and try chugging some juice and eating some candy. It still took a while to feel ok.

    Then there’s been other times I have taken 10iu but not first thing in the morning and I was totally fine with less carbs.

    So I guess the point is until you know how you react just be in a safe place(not driving to work! Lol) then it’s nothing to worry about once you know how you react

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •