• 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 3 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By JaneDoe
  • 1 Post By bobspix

Thread: First competition prep

bobspix is offline Associate Member

First competition prep

Hey guys, after getting far more than what I expected from my first cycle (test + stana / 10 weeks), I was thinking of going for a competition in 6 months.
    I have done PCT and it seems I have recovered as evident by numbers on blood work and my own. It's been almost a month already after the PCT. I don't plan to cycle until I match my Time on + PCT = Time off equation. But in the meanwhile, I just need guidance as to what compounds should be used for a first time comp prep? I am proposing this :

Test Cyp
    stana
    clen + T3
    Mast?

I know diet and cardio will be my best friends but these are equally important. You guys helped me a shit lot in the last cycle and honestly, I couldn't have done it without you.
    Thanks.

anabolictheviking is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobspix View Post
    Hey guys, after getting far more than what I expected from my first cycle (test + stana / 10 weeks), I was thinking of going for a competition in 6 months.
    I have done PCT and it seems I have recovered as evident by numbers on blood work and my own. It's been almost a month already after the PCT. I don't plan to cycle until I match my Time on + PCT = Time off equation. But in the meanwhile, I just need guidance as to what compounds should be used for a first time comp prep? I am proposing this :

Test Cyp
    stana
    clen + T3
    Mast?

I know diet and cardio will be my best friends but these are equally important. You guys helped me a shit lot in the last cycle and honestly, I couldn't have done it without you.
    Thanks.

Well, you still have plenty of time to adjust to things, don't worry now! Put more muscle in the carcass for now. You must start your pre-competition phase 16 weeks before the competition. 16 weeks before the contest, you should be concerned about your diet and your cutting cycle using appropriate steroids . Worry about increasing muscle mass for now, there is still a lot of time !!!I don't know if anyone here will give you this advice on the steroid protocol you should perform before the contest!
    Only a private trainer could do it for you. I will compete on November 23rd and it was my coach who helped me in the steroid cycle! As much as the guys know a lot about steroids here in the forum, they don't offer anything for free .. You can search for yourself on how to cut ... Read all steroid profiles on the forum homepage - you'll be aware of the best steroids to cut
    Last edited by anabolictheviking; 11-06-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    Family_guy likes this.

I understand and thank you for the reply. I am aware of cutting steroids . I don't want to feed money to a coach who will just sell me bunk/fake gear and fill his own pockets while I lay in hospital bed fighting for my liver. coaches around me are of such nature and I have seen many athletes fall in this trap so I am skeptical and want to do it by myself as far as I can. I have already recomped myself (gained muscle, lost fat and went from 32.5 inch waist to 28.5) so I am a bit confident(maybe delusional) in myself. Do you live in India because 23rd nov is the exact same date of a big show here?
    Family_guy likes this.

I have done PCT and it seems I have recovered as evident by numbers on blood work and my own. It's been almost a month already after the PCT.
    You need to get bloodwork done about 6+ weeks after PCT to see if you have recovered.
    You still had PCT meds in you when you got your bloodwork.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    You need to get bloodwork done about 6+ weeks after PCT to see if you have recovered.
    You still had PCT meds in you when you got your bloodwork.
    I will definitely go for another blood work in 3 weeks. As stated above, do I add mass now and cut later for comp or should I take a more recomp like approach?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    I understand and thank you for the reply. I am aware of cutting steroids. I don't want to feed money to a coach who will just sell me bunk/fake gear and fill his own pockets while I lay in hospital bed fighting for my liver.
    this is an odd statement..I don't know of any coaches that sale gear to their clients or prescribe dangerously high dosages of orals. most coaches have their clients best interests and health in mind more then the client even does for himself . idk, maybe its different in India.

Coaches can be beneficial in more then just the dieting and AAS usage process. where things can get really tricky and complicated is the time going into the show, the drying out process. losing body fat is one thing, but getting super dry and hard and losing all that water while still maintaining muscle fullness all at the same time can be quite tricky. you have to time things down to the very hour your going to stand on stage (when I'm getting someone ready to step on stage I'm generally in contact with them every couple of hours and looking at update pics multiple times per day and make adjustments on the fly)

this is often where people doing it themselves blow it. not only do they not peak, they often times end up hurting themselves or even killing themselves (happens every year at bodybuilding shows). they think that all they need to do is take a diuretic and stop drinking water. well one mistake they make is taking a diuretic and pulling out water AND salt. they then end up cramping so bad they never make it to stage.. or worse yet, the end up taking potassium sparing diuretics (because they read those are safer and won't cause cramps) and their blood levels of potassium start to shoot up, THEN when they go to carb load they load up on carbs that have a ton of potassium in them like potatos and bananas . before they know it they go into cardiac arrest due to hyperaklemia (high blood potassium). again happens every year.

having someone behind your back with detailed knowledge about how water manipulation strategies and diuretics work is a good idea.
    lets say you did take too much potassium sparing diuretic and your blood potassium was getting way too high . what are you going to do? heck if you call an ambulance they are going to arrive and more then likely they are going to give you an IV bag because they thing your dehydrated (which you are), but that IV bag is going to contain potassium. within minutes they will end up accidentally killing you.
    where as on the other hand a knowledgeable coach, knowing your exact protocols , will tell you to take a Lasix and shoot 10iu of insulin (that together will drive your blood potassium back down). the paramdecs would never of thought to do this and they would not have those drugs with them anyhow. your coach just saved your life

just little details like that can be a matter of life or death. let alone just trying to peak just right on stage.

if guys are going to coach themselves and peak for the stage. I recommend guys not really even mess around with trying to 'dry out' or even touch diuretics . sure your not going to look your absolute best and you'll hold some amount of water.. but its better then messing around with stuff that you have no clue how it works and end up hurting yourself.
    I know of a few people this year that died at the show cause they did not know what they were doing with water manipulation and diuretics
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 11-06-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    JaneDoe and Family_guy like this.

a good coach isn't going to just be an expert on bodybuilding , an expert in nutrition, an expert in the science of training, an expert chemist and pharmacologist in regards to AAS , but he's also going to have a very good understanding of human biology and medicine and health . these can all be invaluable assets to someone in contest prep.. now sure there are bad coaches that don't know crap and just take your money and send you a cookie cutter diet. but a good coach should practically be like a "doctor" to you and have your utmost well being and health in mind
    bobspix, JaneDoe and Family_guy like this.

now in regards to a contest prep cycle . I strongly recommend the phase cycling approach for contest prep .

heres a very rough example of what that may look like . your going to start about 16 weeks out.
    phase 1 - anabolic and volumization phase
    phase 2 - androgen phase
    phase 3 - androgen plus anti estrogen anti cortisol phase

Weeks 1-8
    Test 1000mg
    Eq 600mg
    Primo 600mg
    Anadrol 50mg (weeks 1-5)

weeks 9-12
    Test 500mg
    Mast 600mg
    Tren 600mg

weeks 13-16
    Test 250mg (pulled out week 14)
    Mast 600mg
    Tren 600mg
    Winny 50mg day
    Halo 10mg day

if you have the money Primo can be ran in the background the whole time

T3 will start at 25mcg from day 1 and ramp up to 50
    Clen will start week 8 at only 20mcg and ramp up to 80

fasted cardio would be used with 5mg yohimbe, 2iu of HGH

thats a rough example . I don't think picking just a couple cutting drugs and using those for a whole 16 week con prep cycle is optimal . compound rotation is going to work much better

note - dosage are just "examples" only , not a recommendation to you personally
    Family_guy and JaneDoe like this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Do not think that you will be able to get the trophy alone, because you will not be brother. A coach adjusts his poses and says what needs to be improved when no one says ...
    Family_guy and bobspix like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    now in regards to a contest prep cycle . I strongly recommend the phase cycling approach for contest prep .

heres a very rough example of what that may look like . your going to start about 16 weeks out.
    phase 2 - androgen phase

Weeks 1-8
    Test 1000mg
    Eq 600mg
    Primo 600mg
    Anadrol 50mg (weeks 1-5)

weeks 9-12
    Test 500mg
    Mast 600mg
    Tren 600mg

weeks 13-16
    Mast 600mg
    Tren 600mg
    Winny 50mg day
    Halo 10mg day

thats a rough example . I don't think picking just a couple cutting drugs and using those for a whole 16 week con prep cycle is optimal . compound rotation is going to work much better

Why does your cutting cycle have 3 phases?

A volume phase within the cutting cycle itself.
    Hmmm, you don't start the cycle with trenbolone . You just include it in the androgenic and antiestrogenic phase with the addition of masteron
    Last edited by JaneDoe; 11-06-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    Family_guy and GearHeaded like this.

Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    ok so phase 1 -- the purpose of this phase , anabolic volumization phase. when your first starting prep your just beginning to go into a calorie deficit . we want to not only preserve as much muscle as we can when going into a deficit , we also want to 'volumize' the muscle as much as possible here. that means load the muscle cells up with water, nutrients, minerals, etc.. this will make the muscle be full and healthy going into the deep parts of prep. this is why Test is high here and we also have EQ and Aandrol which help with both blood and muscle volumization .

we are NOT using any cosmetic drugs at this point. just mainly anabolics .

as we get closer to the show though we will be switching over to more cosmetic drugs

phase 2 - that androgen phase . this is where we start going after cosmetic effects and getting the visual look we want as our body fat levels have dropped and we begin a bit of the drying out phase. androgens are great at this. they also help you with energy and aggression in the gym which your going to need when your this deep into prep

phase 3 - we need the androgens and the cosmetic effects here for sure , BUT we also at this point need to start dropping estrogen levels and lowering cortisol levels . so the Androgens get higher (halo is added in with tren and mast) which will counter act estrogen, and the estrogen gets lower by simply dropping the test (no need for AI's), AND when you've been dieting this hard and long your cortisol levels are likely elevated too, which will make it hard to get off that last little bit of fat and water , so we add in an anti cortisol drug , either Cytadren or Winstrol .

thats the basics of why 3 phases
    Family_guy, bobspix and JaneDoe like this.

A volume phase within the cutting cycle itself.
    Hmmm, you don't start the cycle with trenbolone. You just include it in the androgenic and antiestrogenic phase with the addition of masteron
    Tren is an extremely efficient cosmetic drug . its the one drug that can drastically change your look very quickly .. we want to save that for closer to the show. theres no point in using it for its cosmetic effects from week 1 of the prep when your still fat and out of shape
    JaneDoe likes this.

I look like garbage right now. struggling with some health issues .. but I guarantee you that if I took a gram of Tren for 2 weeks, and 800g of carbs per day, and did two a day training sessions ,, within two weeks it would look like I just did a 16 week transformation (utilizing tren suspension and tren ace)
    Family_guy and JaneDoe like this.

Blog Entries
    With 1000 mg of testo per week at this volume stage, can't gynecomastia occur? I know that EQ reduces estrogen levels when it is given for a long time. But the issue is also oxymetholone, which greatly increases estrogen in the body. The role of this volume phase of yours should be to increase estrogen - because estrogen is anabolic . But how to control side effects in sensitive individuals?
    Family_guy likes this.

With 1000 mg of testo per week at this volume stage, can't gynecomastia occur? I know that EQ reduces estrogen levels when it is given for a long time. But the issue is also oxymetholone, which greatly increases estrogen in the body. The role of this volume phase of yours should be to increase estrogen - because estrogen is anabolic. But how to control side effects in sensitive individuals?
    gyno is a 100% genetic condition . you either have the genetic code to get gyno , or you don't . if you are genetically prone to gyno then your likely going to get it at some point and you just need to get the surgery done.

but for the majority of men , like myself and 100 clients of mine, we are not genetically prone to get gyno and we never will . heck I have ran 2000mg of test per week and 50mg of dbol per day and not got even a hint of gyno (no AI and no Nolva)

however, if you may think you may be gyno prone , then in phase 1 you simply add 20mg of Nolva per day and 350mg of Masteron . problem solved .

if your a bodybuilder that can't go through times of 'high estrogen' , then your going to struggle to put on size . estrogen is a much needed hormone for not only your health, but putting on size (it aides in glucose metabolism , healthy choelsterol production, IGF and HGH output, nitric oxide production, vascular system elasticity, and is of course anabolic in the presence of androgens).

when cattle are bulked up , they are injected with androgens AND a crap ton of estrogen at the same time . thats how they put on the mass

With 1000 mg of testo per week at this volume stage, can't gynecomastia occur? I know that EQ reduces estrogen levels when it is given for a long time. But the issue is also oxymetholone, which greatly increases estrogen in the body. The role of this volume phase of yours should be to increase estrogen - because estrogen is anabolic. But how to control side effects in sensitive individuals?

just a quick correction here.. Anadrol is a DHT derived steroid , it does NOT aromatize or convert into estrogen. it however is estrogenic in and of itself and will bind to estrogen receptors (which is why an AI does not work at all with Anadrol to control estrogen sides, you have to use a SERM)
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Would 350-400 mg per week of Masteron help deal with this? I once read a thread here in this forum where a guy said Masteron doesn't block the estrogen receptor like Nolvadex .
    If I'm not mistaken, the guy wrote that he acts on another receiver.
    The guy insisted that everyone use Nolvadex all the time, because he mentioned that Masteron was not enough to block the estrogen receptor.
    He said Masteron can be one to become misleading to many
    Family_guy likes this.

Blog Entries
    just a quick correction here.. Anadrol is a DHT derived steroid , it does NOT aromatize or convert into estrogen. it however is estrogenic in and of itself and will bind to estrogen receptors (which is why an AI does not work at all with Anadrol to control estrogen sides, you have to use a SERM)
    I understood bro.Thanks

Would 350-400 mg per week of Masteron help deal with this? I once read a thread here in this forum where a guy said Masteron doesn't block the estrogen receptor like Nolvadex .
    If I'm not mistaken, the guy wrote that he acts on another receiver.
    The guy insisted that everyone use Nolvadex all the time, because he mentioned that Masteron was not enough to block the estrogen receptor.
    He said Masteron can be one to become misleading to many
    Masteron de-sensitizes you to estrogen via blunting progestin receptors . progesterone is what makes you ultra sensitive to estrogen (which is why you can get tren or deca gyno even though they don't convert to estrogen, its that they activate progestin receptors) . SO if your progestin receptors are blunted, then your less likely to get estrogen side effects .
    thats what MASTeron does .

its called MAST for a reason .. 'Mast" means 'breast' . it was invented to blunt progestin receptors and help female breast cancer.

the only steroid with the word "breast" in its brand name is obviously going to help with gyno to some degree , right
    JaneDoe, bobspix and Family_guy like this.

either way for gyno prevention , I always recommend Masteron and Nolva together .

I just had a client get a small lump , which originally popped up in a cycle working with his last coach who did nothing about it (and this coach is a prominent coach and IFBB pro).. the first sign of the lump I had him jump on Nolva and Masteron . not only was the problem solved we were actually able to continue in the estrogen phase he was in (this was for bulking)
    JaneDoe and Family_guy like this.

Blog Entries
    Masteron de-sensitizes you to estrogen via blunting progestin receptors . progesterone is what makes you ultra sensitive to estrogen (which is why you can get tren or deca gyno even though they don't convert to estrogen, its that they activate progestin receptors) . SO if your progestin receptors are blunted, then your less likely to get estrogen side effects .
    thats what MASTeron does .

its called MAST for a reason .. 'Mast" means 'breast' . it was invented to blunt progestin receptors and help female breast cancer.

the only steroid with the word "breast" in its brand name is obviously going to help with gyno to some degree , right
    GearHeaded you're the bro dude. I did not know that
    bobspix and GearHeaded like this.

this is an odd statement..I don't know of any coaches that sale gear to their clients or prescribe dangerously high dosages of orals. most coaches have their clients best interests and health in mind more then the client even does for himself . idk, maybe its different in India.

Coaches can be beneficial in more then just the dieting and AAS usage process. where things can get really tricky and complicated is the time going into the show, the drying out process. losing body fat is one thing, but getting super dry and hard and losing all that water while still maintaining muscle fullness all at the same time can be quite tricky. you have to time things down to the very hour your going to stand on stage (when I'm getting someone ready to step on stage I'm generally in contact with them every couple of hours and looking at update pics multiple times per day and make adjustments on the fly)

this is often where people doing it themselves blow it. not only do they not peak, they often times end up hurting themselves or even killing themselves (happens every year at bodybuilding shows). they think that all they need to do is take a diuretic and stop drinking water. well one mistake they make is taking a diuretic and pulling out water AND salt. they then end up cramping so bad they never make it to stage.. or worse yet, the end up taking potassium sparing diuretics (because they read those are safer and won't cause cramps) and their blood levels of potassium start to shoot up, THEN when they go to carb load they load up on carbs that have a ton of potassium in them like potatos and bananas . before they know it they go into cardiac arrest due to hyperaklemia (high blood potassium). again happens every year.

having someone behind your back with detailed knowledge about how water manipulation strategies and diuretics work is a good idea.
    lets say you did take too much potassium sparing diuretic and your blood potassium was getting way too high . what are you going to do? heck if you call an ambulance they are going to arrive and more then likely they are going to give you an IV bag because they thing your dehydrated (which you are), but that IV bag is going to contain potassium. within minutes they will end up accidentally killing you.
    where as on the other hand a knowledgeable coach, knowing your exact protocols , will tell you to take a Lasix and shoot 10iu of insulin (that together will drive your blood potassium back down). the paramdecs would never of thought to do this and they would not have those drugs with them anyhow. your coach just saved your life

just little details like that can be a matter of life or death. let alone just trying to peak just right on stage.

if guys are going to coach themselves and peak for the stage. I recommend guys not really even mess around with trying to 'dry out' or even touch diuretics . sure your not going to look your absolute best and you'll hold some amount of water.. but its better then messing around with stuff that you have no clue how it works and end up hurting yourself.
    I know of a few people this year that died at the show cause they did not know what they were doing with water manipulation and diuretics
    Thanks GH, I know my statement is odd and in bad taste as far as coaches go but here in India, these are just money hungry wolves. They charge $40 for a test vial and the brand is 100% shitty/fake. There are good coaches available online in India I'd rather trust than these fools. One of them was like "You GOT to take HGH for your first cycle since it's gains are permanent and its safest zero sides".

And GH, the things you said that people do themselves that risks health severely like the diuretic part, I shit you not these coaches around me RECOMMEND this shit. That's why I have a hardtime trusting them. I'd rather get an online coach to guide me.
    Family_guy likes this.

phase 2 - androgen phase

Weeks 1-8
    Test 1000mg
    Eq 600mg
    Primo 600mg
    Anadrol 50mg (weeks 1-5)

weeks 9-12
    Test 500mg
    Mast 600mg
    Tren 600mg

weeks 13-16
    Mast 600mg
    Tren 600mg
    Winny 50mg day
    Halo 10mg day

Damn GH I don't think any coach here would be so knowledgeable. I will try at least. Thank You tho.

I too learnt this a year back when you said it in some post bro

So, the bottomline is, I should get a trusty and reputable coach to know how things actually and be safe in the prep.

Thread Information