santacruz05 is offline Associate Member

Testosterone and Knee Strengthening

Hello

I have began to suffer from knee degeneration due to high impact sports all my life. The problem is chronic and likely involves degeneration of components around the petellarfemoral region.

I plan on doing physio therapy that involves muscle development as discussed in the knee injury section of this forum.

My question to the testosterone junkies is: can testosterone (or maybe hgh) be used to supplement and accelerate the knee rebuilding?

Any experience with this and if so what would be the test or hgh of choice?

Something research based would be highly valued over anecdotal (although I’m asking for both of you have any knowledge)

Thank you from a long time user and learner of these forums.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    your body already likely has sufficient Testosterone for any therapeutic type purposes . simply replacing your natural production with exogenous isn't going to make any difference in healing.

for your purposes your going to want to look at something like Nandrolone . which is used medically for healing purposes.

also possibly healing peptides like BPC157 and TB500..

I've used Nandrolone and HGH post surgery before and had great healing benefits

Thank you for the response gearheaded. So from what I interpret from your post: increased testosterone does not have a link to joint regeneration, ie ligament and tendant fibres?

I will look into nandrolone and HGH thanks.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by santacruz05 View Post
    Thank you for the response gearheaded. So from what I interpret from your post: increased testosterone does not have a link to joint regeneration, ie ligament and tendant fibres?

I will look into nandrolone and HGH thanks.
    if you have high normal and healthy ranges of Testosterone and Estrogen to begin with , then you already have all you need to get the therapeutic and "healing" effects from those two hormones . adding more does not add more "healing" . it doesn't work that way. its not linear in progression.

now for building muscle this is a different story . an exogenous supraphysiolgical dose of Test will turn on more muscle building capability and up regulate protein synthesis and glucose metabolism. so your muscle cells can hold more water and glycogen and nutrients.
    but the base functions of test remain the same.

if you have say 600 ng/dl of natty test levels, thats more then sufficient for all the normal health benefits of test including any 'healing' properties. going to 10,000 nd/dl will provide nothing more (other than turn on that muscle building machinery I mentioned above).

if fact , going too high of Test would likely lead to water retention and a possible weight gain of 15 or more pounds. which may lead to more stress and pain on your knee carrying around extra body weight.

Nandrolone on the other hand has specific anti inflammatory and direct healing properties . this is why Nandrolone is given to both humans and animals post injury or post surgery (very common among burn patients as well).
    none of these people or animals are given actual Testosterone to speed up the healing process

That’s a great answer. Thank you.

If anyone has any HGH input I’d appreciate that..

Thread Information