400mg Deca per week
    150mg Masteron per week
    30mg diana per day

week 9-week12
    600mg testosterone cypionate per week
    400mg Deca per week
    150mg Masteron per week
    20mg diana per day

This is the macronutrient division that I intend to go through to increase, gain body weight, and expand my back and shoulders.

C: 600g per day
    P: 240 g per day
    F: 160 g per day

Total gives: 4.800 kcal
    Chark and GearHeaded like this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not too far off from my current 500 test e/300 deca /240 mast e with downward tapering dbol .

Definitely interested to see how it treats you in comparison to my own results.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'll be with Nolvadex to use if I find it necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    I'll be with Nolvadex to use if I find it necessary.
    I keep it around as well, but have yet to see a need for it. We shall see.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Kyle1337 is offline Member
    A lot of calories, what's your weight?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle1337 View Post
    A lot of calories, what's your weight?

I'm aiming to expand, get wider.
    I currently have 208 lbs ..

I'm aiming to expand, get wider.
    I currently have 208 lbs ..

What is your maintenance calories?

Blog Entries
    My TDEE of Mifflin st jeor's formula is 3.500 kcal to maintain body weight.
    Only to a close esteem!.
    That is why I intend to reach 4.800 kcal from January.

I want to expand my back, correct flaws in my shoulders, making them wider.
    This is my goal, this is the 4.800kcal reason. I am not concerned with fat accumulation, I want to increase my ribcage and my shoulders. Getting like a titan.

I think off-season afraid of getting fat not productive.
    Last edited by JaneDoe; 12-29-2019 at 05:54 PM.

I hear ya. You will get fat, fat AF at those numbers. Go look at my accountability thread and you'll see what even 600 cals over maint does in short time with lots and lots of drugs. I personally don't feel any wider and well until I cut, I won't know. Just some food for thought to check out. From the sounds of it, I am similar to you in body structure. My maint is 3500 as well. I a 6'1" and it requires alot of effort to pack on mass.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    That’s way too much of a surplus to put on muscle. Your going to put on a couple pounds of fat every week.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    keep in mind guys that when on cycle (depending on the cycle and gear used) , this can change not only your metabolic rate and TDEE, but your nutrient partitioning and glucose metabolism as well.

if your all natty a 1000+ calorie surplus may get you fat. but when on cycle your tdee may go up by 400 cals from just the gear itself,, plus you may find your training harder and more intensely on cycle and now your TDEE is up another 300 cals. thats 700 cals right there.. then you add in the supercompensation effects of being able to hold onto more glycogen, partition more nutrients towards muscle building and up regulate your glucose metabolism.. then suddenly a 1000+ cal surplus when on cycle is not really that big of a surplus at all
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 12-29-2019 at 11:17 PM.
    Ernst, Chark, JaneDoe and 1 others like this.

also , think about it . when guys recommend starting out a bulk with only a surplus of like 300 colories, do you know how little that actually is. that would be eating your normal maintenance calories and simply adding 1 small cup of rice and a half of an avacodo, for the entire day. you really think you going to put on a lot more muscle by eating at maintenance then just adding a cup of rice and a half avocado . lol no. maybe that would work as a bulk for a bikini girl, but not a 200 pound bodybuilder

a 1000 calorie surplus, when on cycle, when training your ass off every day, and when eating the proper nutritious clean foods ,, is totally doable .. leave this 300 cals surplus bullshit to the bikini girls and the birds
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 12-29-2019 at 11:16 PM.
    JaneDoe likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post

if your all natty a 1000+ calorie surplus may get you fat.
    It does me. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    The hormones used in the cycle can influence the metabolism rate and total energy expenditure of energy.That was my reasoning from the beginning.With GH's comment this became much clearer in this topic!
    It takes a lot more calories to grow when we are running anabolic steroids in a cycle.GearHeaded is always a wise guy who understands what he is talking about, I just have to thank him for always instructing us right! The steroids increase our metabolism; calories are needed to compensate for high intensity training because of steroids. And more calories are needed to put on muscles.
    jchc86, GearHeaded and Ephemeral like this.

also , think about it . when guys recommend starting out a bulk with only a surplus of like 300 colories, do you know how little that actually is. that would be eating your normal maintenance calories and simply adding 1 small cup of rice and a half of an avacodo, for the entire day. you really think you going to put on a lot more muscle by eating at maintenance then just adding a cup of rice and a half avocado . lol no. maybe that would work as a bulk for a bikini girl, but not a 200 pound bodybuilder

a 1000 calorie surplus, when on cycle, when training your ass off every day, and when eating the proper nutritious clean foods ,, is totally doable .. leave this 300 cals surplus bullshit to the bikini girls and the birds
    how many calories does it take to build lean tissue. I was lead to believe this number was actually quite low even though I cant remember where I heard this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    how many calories does it take to build lean tissue. I was lead to believe this number was actually quite low even though I cant remember where I heard this.
    I don't know . calories themselves don't actually build lean tissue at all. a calories is just a measurement of energy, specifically heat in BTU's . BTU's can only be 'burned up', they can't build anything.

in order to build new tissues , you need the building blocks. amino acids, proteins, fatty acids, nutrients, minerals, etc.. now sure, within some of these nutrients are 'calories', but they are only being burned off as heat (energy), they are not building actual tissue.

so to say a "300 calorie surplus is all that is needed to put on muscle" would be totally inaccurate being muscle is not made from calories..
    a 300 calories surplus is just context within thermodynamics .
    its like having a 3 gallon gas can in the trunk of your car as a back up in case you run out of fuel on your road trip. that gas is just stored energy, its not going to do anything to make your engine any bigger or give you more horse power
    JaneDoe likes this.

I don't know . calories themselves don't actually build lean tissue at all. a calories is just a measurement of energy, specifically heat in BTU's . BTU's can only be 'burned up', they can't build anything.

in order to build new tissues , you need the building blocks. amino acids, proteins, fatty acids, nutrients, minerals, etc.. now sure, within some of these nutrients are 'calories', but they are only being burned off as heat (energy), they are not building actual tissue.

so to say a "300 calorie surplus is all that is needed to put on muscle" would be totally inaccurate being muscle is not made from calories..
    a 300 calories surplus is just context within thermodynamics .
    its like having a 3 gallon gas can in the trunk of your car as a back up in case you run out of fuel on your road trip. that gas is just stored energy, its not going to do anything to make your engine any bigger or give you more horse power
    You don’t know because there isn’t a generic answer, no matter how bad people may want there to be. Our metabolic process costs are in constant flux by the minute, let alone day or week.

About all that we do know is that “glycogen full” muscle tissue contains a bit under half the usable energy as fat on a gram per gram basis. However, this tells us precisely fuck all about how much energy was required to break down the constituents from dietary intake and reassemble them into viable tissue.
    GearHeaded likes this.

If calories are for the most part irrelevant in the creation of new tissue, it’s more about nutrients and minerals etc. Wouldn’t it be possible to collect these building blocks from your current diet without the need to increases calories. I hope this isn’t coming off as argumentative, that’s just how I learn. If your already eating 3500 calories of stuff, couldn’t it be possible to adjust the types of food your eating to get these buildings blocks in place without the need to actually eat more food.

If calories are for the most part irrelevant in the creation of new tissue, it’s more about nutrients and minerals etc. Wouldn’t it be possible to collect these building blocks from your current diet without the need to increases calories. I hope this isn’t coming off as argumentative, that’s just how I learn. If your already eating 3500 calories of stuff, couldn’t it be possible to adjust the types of food your eating to get these buildings blocks in place without the need to actually eat more food.

absolutely . when I design diets I design them around macro and micro nutrients. the calories end up falling wherever they fall. you can put on more muscle tissue with more nutrient dense foods then simply driving up 'dead calories'

3000 total cals coming from steak, salmon, lamb, bison, clams.. potatos, oatmeal, spniach, avocado, etc. is going to provide you with much more growth potential then 3000 cals coming from just chicken and rice.

January Cycle!!!!!

absolutely . when I design diets I design them around macro and micro nutrients. the calories end up falling wherever they fall. you can put on more muscle tissue with more nutrient dense foods then simply driving up 'dead calories'

3000 total cals coming from steak, salmon, lamb, bison, clams.. potatos, oatmeal, spniach, avocado, etc. is going to provide you with much more growth potential then 3000 cals coming from just chicken and rice.
    I blame the perversion of the original IIFYM concept for people losing sight of this. I can give you all of the gear in the world, but if all of your carbs are coming from Skittles, protein from isolate shakes and fats from canola oil, you’re screwed. Granted, almost no one actually eats like this, but it’s much easier to hammer in points with extremes.

The whole fucking thing can be boiled down to “eat like a fucking adult who gives a shit about their body” and adjust macros accordingly. The fact is, we’re learning new shit about the constituents of food items every day. Anyone who thinks we know exactly what the body needs hasn’t been paying attention to the phytochemical and zoochemical science over the past decade.
    Kyle1337 likes this.

Blog Entries
    What matters is the macronutrients, not the calories themselves. But how the basal metabolism rate and total energy expenditure change with the use of AAS.

You can't say that just 3,500-4,000 kcal will make a 200 pound guy grow up and put lean tissue in the carcass. It really changes

A guy who has narrow shoulders, small back, to correct these areas, will need a high level of calories.

Yes, calories do not build lean tissue, but it can help maintain and increase body weight!

And the more calories he eats, the heavier he will be, increasing his size and expanding his muscles.
    Thus it will provide great benefit to be a true monster.
    I believe high calories build big guys like Branch Warren

What matters is the macronutrients, not the calories themselves. But how the basal metabolism rate and total energy expenditure change with the use of AAS.

You can't say that just 3,500-4,000 kcal will make a 200 pound guy grow up and put lean tissue in the carcass. It really changes

A guy who has narrow shoulders, small back, to correct these areas, will need a high level of calories.

Yes, calories do not build lean tissue, but it can help maintain and increase body weight!

And the more calories he eats, the heavier he will be, increasing his size and expanding his muscles.
    I suppose I am the exception than. Not a bad way knowing that going into the new year!

You're muscles will only hold so much. You can do it without over doing it as well. In my earlier post, no way was I saying do not do what you want, but more of a different perspective.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    i can eat 6000 cal of mcdonalds every day and sit on my ass and not get fat.
    Granted I work harder sitting on my ass than most people trying with all they have.

Metabolism is very individual specific.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Average brain uses 20% of idle calories.

Mine is fucked up though.

You know how when a computer gets low on memory ot starts running like shit, gets hot?

Well between my brain being like that and trying to find my damn keys, with a RHR that is twice the norm... Shit I just spent 2000 cal typing this.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle1337 View Post
    I suppose I am the exception than. Not a bad way knowing that going into the new year!

You're muscles will only hold so much. You can do it without over doing it as well. In my earlier post, no way was I saying do not do what you want, but more of a different perspective.
    Thanks for your advice.

I hear you, thanks

Just to follow this one logical step further. Are there any micronutrient that you focus on getting into your diet or is it more important to get a wide variety of them.

how do "calories" themselves increase size and muscle ? again calories are only a measurement of energy, ie, heat in BTU's.
    heat cannot increase muscle size.
    just like 'gasoline' cannot increase your cars horsepower or the size of its engine, it can only provide fuel, ie, heat.

the reason why "high calories" are said to build muscle , is NOT because of the calories themselves. its because high calorie diets generally are high in macro and micro nutrients. and these are the things that build muscle .
    a calorie cannot in and of itself make you bigger. it can only be burned off as heat/energy. but a macro nutrient, micro nutrient, fatty acids, amino acids, proteins, minerals, etc.. can build muscle. these nutrients are preserved and are the building blocks of tissue.

the point of a "high calorie'' diet is to get the macro and micro nutrients in
    JaneDoe and Obs like this.

Just to follow this one logical step further. Are there any micronutrient that you focus on getting into your diet or is it more important to get a wide variety of them.
    certain micro nutrients are more important then others .. for example, potassium. your body cannot utilize insulin to store glucose as muscle glycogen without potassium. therefore you have to have sufficient potassium to build muscle and recover.
    but in general, most micro nutrients are important and play a vital role in some aspect or another

Blog Entries
    GH

I didn't mean that calories build muscle but "macronutrients" ..

A volume diet I would never count micronutrients in my diet, like vegetables, vegetables at ease!

So on paper, for example:

I would exceed 4,800 kcal - so I'm not counting vegetables and legumes.
    That will put me in the 5,000kcal house and so on.

I know this type of diet is no longer adequate as it can put on pounds of fat but it can also give me the look of a more muscular guy

Blog Entries
    These 4.800 kcal for example are only carbohydrates from potatoes, rice, oats, etc.
    Proteins from animal sources like chicken, steak, fish etc ..
    The fat would count from the animal protein sources themselves; adding some nuts, avocados etc.

its interesting , a lot of people that are obese and over weight eat a ton of calories, but they are actually malnourished. even though they are getting in 8000 cals per day, they are not getting in enough nutrition and are deficient in many nutrients. its because they are mainly getting in 'empty calories' that lack essential nutrition.
    you can easily get in 5000 cals per day by eating several boxes of fruity pebbles cereal, but with that 5000 cals your only getting in 12g of protein per day and 12g of fat. which is not sufficient to provide you with any health.

also, you could eat 3000 cals per day of just rabbit meat and white rice. even though the calories may be high, if you ate that way for a year you would likely eventually die of starvation or malnourishment (let alone build actual muscle tissue).

you can be in a calorie surplus yet still be malnourished and starving to death . its because calories in general, in and of themselves, don't provide any actual nutrition (just energy/heat)
    JaneDoe and Gallowmere like this.

These 4.800 kcal for example are only carbohydrates from potatoes, rice, oats, etc.
    The fat would count from the animal protein sources themselves; adding some nuts, avocados etc.
    that sounds well balanced.. thats what you want. a vast diversity of nutrients.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    An individual who has a caloric deficit;

("A brief example; an individual thinks his TDEE is 3,000 kcal and decides to go to 3,500 to increase. However, he is using too much AAS in his cycle."

AAS would speed up your BMR and your TDEE, right?

Then comes the voice in my mind saying:

"He won't be able to evolve his body weight."
    If he is 200 lbs and wants 210 lbs he would not be able to reach 210 if he had not eaten above the accelerated TDEE because of the AAS.

.. Now he has completely fast metabolism ..

If this guy has a calorie deficit ("without him even knowing it.) Wouldn't he fuck with the goal of increasing body weight?

Well, I know that the calorie is just spent as energy by our body.

However, if we do not provide an adequate level, really higher than our TDEE, we will not be able to increase body weight.

Why imagine? With the use of AAS, our training will be much more intense. That is, from my point of view, the user who wants to grow in a volume cycle will need to be aware that AAS will push BMR to their TDEE. Getting completely accelerated!

Blog Entries
    Of course macronutrients equals = calories needed for muscle growth.

I'm not talking about empty calories. I'm talking about successful nutrition GH

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No peanut butter for fat??

JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    No peanut butter for fat??

I hate peanut butter

the simplest way to think about it is to think about a "nutritional surplus" .. thats what you need to put on muscle. a calorie surplus in and of itself may not put on any muscle at all (again, you could be in a calorie surplus yet be malnourished and starving to death).

of course, if your in a "nutritional surplus'' you'll also be in a calorie surplus (because nutrients contain calories).

but the calories are in relation to thermodynamics and energy balance . the nutrition itself is what actually builds cells and effects body composition though

we are not in disagreement. its just a matter of definition of words and how we are using them in their given context.
    JaneDoe and Obs like this.

Blog Entries
    the simplest way to think about it is to think about a "nutritional surplus" .. thats what you need to put on muscle. a calorie surplus in and of itself may not put on any muscle at all (again, you could be in a calorie surplus yet be malnourished and starving to death).

of course, if your in a "nutritional surplus'' you'll also be in a calorie surplus (because nutrients contain calories).

but the calories are in relation to thermodynamics and energy balance . the nutrition itself is what actually builds cells and effects body composition though

we are not in disagreement. its just a matter of definition of words and how we are using them in their given context.

GH; imagine how hard it is to express yourself in a language other than your own.

Well i'm weak in english!

Thread Information